The cheapest car rental charges in Siem Reap start at $42/ per day (1,68,988 KHR Cambodian Riel)
There are many car rental options available in Siem Reap. The following are one of the best rental agencies that you can book from:
1. AVIS, Siem Reap International Airport
Avis, an International Car Rental Company has operations in more than 165 countries, is one of the most famous car rental agencies in Siem Reap. It is located at the airport itself, so it is very convenient for international tourists to book their rides right away. You can choose from a wide range of vehicles from compact cars, economy cars to luxury and huge cars. You can rent cars here, at affordable and cheap rates.
Locations: Siem Reap International Airport, 593, National Road 6, Siem Reap
Timings: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM (Monday - Friday), 08:00 AM - 12:00 PM (Saturday)
Phone : +855 78 666 557
Vehicles Available: Ford, SUV, Fiat, Volkswagen, Nissan, Volvo, etc.
2. Europcar, Siem Reap International Airport
Europcar is from one of the most trusted international car rental brands in the world. One of its branches present in Siem Reap offers you with budget-friendly cheap cars to luxury expensive cars. You get to choose from a wide range of small, intermediate and large 7-9 seater cars here.
Location: Siem Reap International Airport
Timings: 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
Phone: +855 63 962 606
Vehicles Available: Skoda, SUV, Toyota, Nissan, Audi, Jaguar, Jeep, Ford, etc.
3. Siem Reap Best Driver, Krong Siem Reap
If you wish to hire a car along with a local guide/driver, then this car service is right for you. Some amazing drivers will take you for a day out in siem reap, based on the schedule and places you wish to visit. All types of vehicles like Tuk-Tuks, Vans, compact cars or big 7-9 seater cars are available here. You can rent your vehicle on a per day basis or long term basis, as required.
Location: Chrey Village, BaKong Commune, Krong Siem Reap, Cambodia
Timings: Opens Daily at 07:00 AM
Phone: +855 96 555 5342
Other International Car Suppliers in Siem Reap
- Alamo Rent a Car
- Thrifty Car Rental
- National Car
- Budget Car Hire
- Enterprise Car Hire
- Hertz Car Hire
- Sixt Car Hire
Tips to Remember While Renting a Vehicle in Siem Reap
- Always check for unusual or previous damages before renting a vehicle. If you find any, notify the agency.
- Always take a test drive before finalizing any vehicle, to check its proper functioning.
- Inquire about the insurance policies provided by the agency. Car rental agencies usually provide additional insurances like Loss Damage Waiver (LDW), Personal Accident Insurance (PAI), Personal Effects Protection (PEP), etc.
- To avail for affordable and cheap rates, book your rides online, at least two weeks prior to your trip.
- Opt for long term renting, as it will cost cheaper than the per day deals.
- Choose the most cost-effective full-to-full fuel usage option.
The Important Documents/Details Required While Renting a Vehicle in Siem Reap
- Valid Driving License
- Vehicle Insurance
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of Visa
- Hotel Accommodation and Itinerary details
- Copy of Return Flight Tickets
- Credit Card Details (Cards Accepted: Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover, etc)
Important Driving Rules to follow in Cambodia
- Always drive on the right - hand side of the road.
- People of age 25 years and above can drive a rental vehicle in Cambodia. People from age 21-24 years can drive but after paying certain surcharges.
- It is allowed to drive from the left - hand side of the road only when overtaking or stopping.
- The maximum speed limit while driving in built-up areas is 40 km/h and non-built up areas is 90 km/h. The speed limit to follow when driving through towns is 60 km/h and outside towns is 100 km/h.
- The permitted blood alcohol range is 0.05%.
- It is not allowed to stop your vehicles at the Pedestrian Crossing.
- Children under the age of 10 years are not permitted to sit in front without an adult and children under the age of 4 years have to sit behind in a baby seat with seat belts.
- Vehicles should not be parked outside the entry/exit of public and private buildings.
- It is not allowed to park vehicles on public roads for more than 72 hours.
- Most roads in Cambodia are in poor condition, so you should clarify with the car rental agencies about the insurance policies.
- Foreign visitors are advised not to drive in towns after midnights.
Make your trip more enjoyable by renting a car service in Siem Reap and exploring the city in your own way. You can choose from a wide range of cars and services that suits you as well as your pocket. Get packing and get going!