History of Siem Reap International Airport
This airport has been the hub for Siem Reap tourists for a long time. A new terminal was added to it in August 2006, and another upgradation was undertaken in 2016. Since this is the most convenient gateway to the city, it supports a myriad of tourists and flights every day. It is a small airport, with one domestic and one international terminal.
As the airport in itself is petite, there is less confusion and hassle. The arrival and departure procedures are convenient and quick. Moreover, this is one of the three airports in Cambodia that facilitates visa-on-arrival.
Which Major Airlines Fly to Siem Reap International Airport? Some of the major carriers which fly to the airport are Bangkok Airways, Cambodia Airways, Air Asia, Beijing Capital Airlines, Cathay Dragon, Far Eastern Air, Hong Kong Express and JC International Airlines.
Transportation from Siem Reap International Airport Distance to Siem Reap: 8 Kilometers
Transport: Any mode of transportation from the airport into the city will take you a maximum of 30 minutes or less.
- Taxi: You can book a taxi or van provided by the airport to your hotel. They have a fixed rate of 10 USD as of September 2019.
- Cab: For a cheaper alternative, you can book a cab to your hotel using various apps.
- Tuk-Tuk: You can easily hail or book a tuk-tuk from the airport arrivals into the city.
Services and Facilities at Siem Reap International Airport
For a small airport, they provide several convenient facilities -1. Airport Lounge: If you are travelling internationally and have a layover at Siem Reap, these airport lounges will be a godsend for you. The airline lounges are different, like Bangkok Airways, i.e., you have lounge access if you are a first-class passenger. But, the airport lounges are accessible to all for a price. You can easily relax and dust off your travel exhaustion here with good food and service.
2. ATMs, Cash Machines, Currency Exchange, and Wi-Fi: The airport has all these facilities at your disposal. You can access free wi-fi and get cash as per your needs. Plug points are also available across the airport.
3. Food & Beverage: There are 24/7 serviced food concession stalls at both terminals. They have chain stores like Burger King, Starbucks, Coffee Club, etc., and a good, healthy space to enjoy your meal.
4. Shopping: If you love some last-minute duty-free shopping, Siem Reap has plenty of options for you. They have exclusive duty-free stores at both International Arrivals and Departures, where you can shop till you drop and find stuff like watches, jewellery, souvenirs, and clothing.
In a nutshell, the Siem Reap International Airport won’t disappoint you in any aspect. You can let your hair down, rest, shop, and dine here comfortably. Your departure and arrival experience at the airport will be clean and hassle-free. This airport is the closest to Angkor Wat and veritably the gateway to the city of mysteries.