Opened in : 1867
Location : 1541 Polk Street
St. Paulus Lutheran Church was founded in 1867 by Jacob Buehler, the ‘Father of Lutheranism on the Pacific Coast’. Originally built in the French Gothic style, the church suffered a huge fire in 1995 following which the congregation has lived a more nomadic life. As the membership of the German immigrant church steadily grew, they kept outgrowing their premises. Currently, they are located on 1541 Polk Street. The church is committed to a ministry of music, accommodating music into their sermons. The collaborative spirit of the church has caused it to contribute heavily to the San Franciscan community around it. St. Paulus Lutheran Church is the place to be for community service.
Compare quotes from upto 3 travel agents for free