Location : Mission District
Opened in : 1857
A super friendly and eclectic church, the Episcopal Church of St. John the Evangelist welcomes all minorities. Although its origins date back to the 1850s, the original neo-Byzantine basilica was deconstructed during the San Francisco earthquake and fire of 1906 only to be replaced by the current Tudor-style building three years later. Located in the neighborhood of Castro, it has attracted a large LGBT membership and is now known for its advocacy. Its food pantry, known as Julian’s Pantry, opens its doors every Saturday. This church is a haven for all minorities and all people who have been discriminated against.
Compare quotes from upto 3 travel agents for free