Metson Lake is a reservoir in San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park. Located on south-east of the Polo Field, Metson Lake is one amongst the three small lakes by the loop created by Middle Drive West and Martin Luther King Jr. Drive in the park. Built in 1908, the lake is named after William H. Metson, a prominent San Francisco lawyer and the head of the Park Commission at the time of the lake’s construction. The lake attracts eyeballs for its fine collection of water birds including turtles, ducks, geese, songbirds, hawks and herons. The sidewalks of the lake are uplifted with white Cala lilies and pink cherry blossoms in spring while the Middle Drive West stretch is hugged by pines and eucalyptus.