Om beach is a wonderful beach located in the town of Gokarna. One can bask in the glory and serenity of the picturesque surroundings here. Its captivating beauty and pristine water lashing on the beach is a source of tranquillity for all the visitors. Shaped like the symbol 'Om', this beach offers a number of adventure sports to the junkies. The view of this beach during sunset is one to be cherished forever.
Om beach is the most famous amongst several other beaches present in the town of Gokarna. Miles of white sand greet the avid beach-goer and you will surely be tempted to extend your holiday. Om Beach is the centre for several water sports activities such as surfing, water-skiing, parasailing, and banana boat rides. The beach also offers a breathtaking view during the sunset. It is especially liked by the visitors who prefer to spend their lone time surrounded by the tranquillity of nature. Visitors are thoroughly entertained by the sheer number of activities that can be enjoyed here. During the peak vacation time, a number of tourists flock here to enjoy parasailing and other adventure sports.
Travellers can even choose to stay overnight here in the nearby wooden cottages. Some activities are elaborated below-
1. Banana Boat Rides- Banana boat rides are can be ideally enjoyed during favorable wind and requires presence of clear water for a memorable experience. It is especially enjoyed by groups who visit Om beach together. It is also the most trending sport here.
2. Bumper Boat Ride- The thrashing waves can be best explored by enjoying the 15 minute Bumper Boat ride. It is initiated by special safety instructions, followed by tying of a bumper boat to a speed boat. Then the speed boat runs the bumper boat through the blue water in gushing speed. This sport is especially loved by the adrenaline junkies.
3. Dolphin spotting- Nature enthusiasts can also indulge in dolphin spotting. The humpback dolphins are quite clever and can easily sense human voices; hence you must be alert during this activity. Make sure to keep your cameras and cell phones handy, to capture these mesmerizing creatures that can be etched in your memory forever.
4. Jet Skiing- Nothing can be more fun than enjoying a jet skiing ride on this beach. The gushing and pristine water serves as an ideal requirement for this sport.
5. Fishing- This is quite a distinctive way to enjoy the picturesque beauty of the vastly spread water around. Take a ride until the ocean and drop a hook in the deep waters to enjoy this activity.
6. Speed boating- This is ideally the best way to witness the grandeur of this vacation spot. This idyllic way of witnessing the coastline is quite popular among the travellers.
7. Beachside trekking- As Gokarna is set on a hilly terrain, it serves as an ideal trekking spot. The rocky terrain offers a unique trekking experience to the visitors. The pleasurable walk along the paths drenched by the lashing waves makes this activity a memorable one.
Grab your bag pack and get ready to tread along these rocky areas adorned by the lush green trees. There are life guards and divers available on the beach to provide you with all the safety instructions before taking part in any adventure sport.
If you are looking for a peaceful vacation, you can choose to star gaze at the open sky while strolling with your partner on the beach. You can also opt for milder activities like dolphin spotting and fishing. Altogether this place has tons of activities for people with all sorts of interests. So just head on to this beautiful place to get away from the mundane city life and enjoy some time in the tranquility!
Om beach is located at a distance of approximately 8 km from the town of Gokarna. Apart from the Om Beach, one may also explore the other beaches that are in the vicinity. Kudle Beach is located at a short walk away from Om Beach, and it also promises to compete with the latter in terms of scenic views and laid-back lifestyle. Other beaches in the area include the Half Moon Beach and the Paradise Beach. Both these beaches are very secluded with scarce population and have to be reached by boat.
If you are a foodie and want to enjoy the local cuisine here, gorge some food at the famous Namaste Café which is heavily flocked by the visitors at Om beach. You can even ignite the adventurer in you and opt for beach trekking. This trekking includes the five beaches in Gokarna, namely- Gokarna beach, Paradise beach, Half Moon beach, Kudle beach and Om beach. Discover the temples nearby, indulge in soothing yoga sessions by the beach or get bitten by the photographer bug and enjoy your trip to the fullest.
The best time to visit Om beach and the nearby areas is from the month of October until March. The temperature reached to about 32 degrees and the weather is pleasant throughout the day.
Well connected to the main city via all means of transport; Om beach is easily accessible from different modes of transport. While from the town of Gokarna, one can reach Om Beach by hiring a local taxi or hop on a bus. Depending on the exact location, travellers can even take an autorickshaw ride to reach this beautiful beach, which is followed by a short downhill walk.
No reviews yet
Be the first to add a question