1. The Lotus Heart Vegetarian Restaurant
Located in the heart of the city, this Indian inspired based restaurant is run by a group of students who strive to offer a peaceful and spiritual dining experience. The dishes here are made from farm fresh products keeping in mind the health and wellbeing of the customers. The menu is majorly plant based with gluten free and organic ingredients. An onion and garlic free menu is also available here. The restaurant also provides customized dishes to customers who are allergic to certain ingredients. Their range of burgers and chai are some of the favorites among customers.
Address: 363 Saint Asaph Street, Christchurch Central, Christchurch 8011, New Zealand
Timing: Sunday to Thursday 8 am to 3.30 pm | Friday and Saturday 8 am to 3.30 pm and 5 pm to 9 pm
2. Welcome Vegetarian Café and TakeawaysThis lovely Asian restaurant offers an extensive menu of authentic vegetarian and vegan dishes without adding MSG. The café is also known for making delicious meals without wheat, onion and garlic. Do not let the humble exterior deceive you for the dishes offered inside are of high quality at budget friendly prices. Some of the hit dishes among the customers are their range of hotplates, eggplant tofu and steamed dumplings. With wonderful staff and quick service, this place is sure to make you go back again and again.
Address: 2 Wharenui Road, Riccarton, Christchurch 8041, New Zealand
Timing: Monday to Saturday 11.30 am to 2.30 pm | 5 pm to 9 pm
3. Waterdrop Vegetarian CaféThis elegant café boasts a calm and a serene environment and serves both Asian and traditional Chinese cuisine. Offering a vegan menu as well, every meal is freshly cooked once the order is received so that the customers get to taste it at its best. Some of the most raved about dishes in the café include their braised noodle soup, curry laksa, pan friend dumplings and aromatic coffees. The café also has an art gallery and has an artistic touch which makes the dining experience even more memorable.
Address: 2 Harakeke Street, Riccarton, Christchurch 8011, New Zealand
Timing: Tuesday to Sunday – 9 am to 3 pm
4. Portershed Specialty CaféAn exotic little café established in 2017, this café is known for its kiwana style vegan food while also making available plant based groceries to its customers. The café has a very cozy and pleasant atmosphere with lovely and accommodating staffs. Apart from the menu, the cabinet here also offers a wide range of options to indulge your taste buds. Some of the hits among the customers include their quarter pound burger, French toast with ice cream, donuts and shakes.
Address: 322 Lincoln Road, Addington, Christchurch 8024, New Zealand
Timing: Monday to Saturday 8 am to 4 pm
5. The OriginThis well-lit, aesthetic coffee shop-cum-restaurant offers quality vegetarian and vegan options in the city for great value. The The menu spoils you with choices that is not just tasty but tasty as well. The café is known for its sumptuous dumplings, Japanese pancake rolls and coconut variant dishes. The café also serves specialty teas and coffees with their coffee beans being native grown and hand brewn. The staffs here are very professional and attentive to detail and the dining experience here will leave you craving for more.
Address: 95 Westminster Street Corner of Cranford Street &, Westminster Street, St Albans, Christchurch 8014, New Zealand
Timing: Tuesday to Sunday – 8 am to 3.30 pm
6. Villa 23This lovely little café allows you to sit back and relax while sipping on a cup of aromatic coffee either in their outdoor seating area or their cozy indoor settings. The ingredients are farm fresh and all dishes served are cooked freshly. The café also serves food made of seasonal products regularly for the betterment of the body and the community. Brownie points to the café in practicing high sustainability by recycling and reducing plastic usage. Some of the signature dishes include poffertjes, dutch pancakes and tiramisu.
Address: 23 Mandeville Street, Riccarton, Christchurch 8011, New Zealand
Timing: Monday to Friday 8 am to 4 pm
7. The FermentistThe Fermentist consists of a brewery, taproom and a café that offers a vegetarian menu with lots of vegan and gluten free options. The ingredients here are procured from local farmers and made with passion and flavor. The place has a great vibe and a cozy ambience with chic interiors. The Fermentist is also highly sustainable, incorporating sustainability in the beer they brew and the food they make. Some of the favorites here are their pizza range, kombucha, vegan chorizo and Buddha bowl.
Address: 380 Colombo Street, Sydenham, Christchurch 8023, New Zealand
Timings: Monday to Friday 10.00am to Late; Saturday and Sunday 2.00pm to Late
8. Barefoot EateryBarefoot eatery is a hidden gem that offers a plant based menu with organic, gluten free and healthy food and beverage options. Dishes will also be personalized in case the customer has any allergy. The café has a pleasant atmosphere with chic interiors. The food is deliciously made and served in generous portions in an aesthetically pleasing way. Some of customer favorites are buckwheat waffles, smashed avo toasted sandwich, Mexican nourish bowl and their range of smoothies and coffees.
Address: 20 Welles St, Christchurch Central, Christchurch, New Zealand
Timing: Sunday to Thursday 8 am to 3 pm | Friday and Saturday 8 am to 8 pm
9. Grater Goods DeliIf you are person who has given up on meat but still longing for a taste of the same, the Grater Goods Deli is the next stop. Their plant based meats are an absolute hit and will make you come for more. The menu offers great delicious dishes to savor at great prices. The café has a cozy ambience accompanied with great live music. Their range of burgers, chorizo, tofu and wine are regularly welcomed by the customers.
Address: 105 Orbell St, Sydenham, Christchurch, New Zealand
Timing: Sunday to Wednesday 10 am to 9 pm
10. The Herb Centre CaféThis very unique café in Christchurch focuses on providing a fusion of healthy and tasty delicacies to its customers. The dishes are made from fresh, organic and seasonal ingredients in a unique way. Apart from a vegetarian menu, a lot of vegan and gluten free options are also available here. The café also features a cute little herb garden where customers can enjoy while sipping on a cup of organic drink. It also has a herb dispensary providing a wide range of health products and supplements for a better lifestyle.
Address: 223a Kilmore St, Christchurch Central, Christchurch, New ZealandWe hope this article was helpful for you. Do let us know in the comments section below of your experience if you have visited any of these eateries.
Timing: Monday - Friday: 8am - 4:30pm | Saturday: 10am - 4pm