Holidify brings all those bitten by the wanderlust bug another great opportunity – a travelogue writing contest with prizes worth Rs. 45,000 to be won!
What is a Travelogue?
A travelogue is a record made by a traveler of his or her experiences during a journey or after. It can either be a written report with many factual details or a narrative story about personal impressions and experiences that is supported by images. Themes could be adventure, road trip, exploration, guide, outdoor, nature etc.
A travelogue needs a central idea, which will be the backbone of your whole essay. Life lessons you’ve learned during the voyage, your reflections about the differences between the place where you live and the place you’ve visited, or at least some historic theme could serve as such a backbone.
We want you to pen down the best experience you’ve had during your trip.
- Travelogue can be in the form of photos, words, videos or a combination of any of these.
- If the travelogue is a post on your blog, send us a link to the same. If you are writing a fresh travelogue and do not have your own blog, attach the same in an MS Word file.
- The pictures forming part of the travelogue should also be attached separately in the e-mail. In case the images are not original, their sources need to be clearly mentioned.
How to Send Your Entries:
- Contact number
- Link of the travelogue or attached MS Word file, and
- Attached pictures forming part of the travelogue
to [email protected] with the subject “Entry for Travelogue Contest”.
- The travelogue which you will be sending to us should be based on travel to any place in India only.
- Plagiarized entries will be disqualified. We want your original, personal experience and thoughts on the trip you took.
- Entries which don’t mention the sources of pictures included in the travelogue will be disqualified.
- Travelogue should not be co-authored.
- Multiple entries from one person are allowed.
- Deadline for sending us the entries is
25th June, 11:59 pm 30th June, 11:59 pm.
- By submitting the entry, you will be giving Holidify the right to publish your entry. Only grammatical and punctuation errors (if any) will be modified and NOT the content.
get a complementary trip for two to an offbeat weekend destination in India, courtesy Linger
Linger has properties spread throughout the country at exotic destinations like Karnataka, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh and Kerala.
Check these out!
Golden Wood, Harley Estate, Sakleshpur (Source)
Chestnut Grove, Vijaypurv (near Chaukori) (Source)
Goldenwood, Sakleshpur Estate (Source)
Balur Estate, Chikmagalur (Source)
CampLinger, Near Bangalore (Source)
Note: Conveyance to and from the destination is not included as a part of the prize.
There’s more good news – if we love your entry, but you aren’t in the top three, we will publish your travelogue on our blog citing you as the author. Even if you don’t win the contest, your travelogue will be read and received by our large audience.
So what are you waiting for? Put those fingers on your keyboard to some use now! They might just win you and your friend an awesome stay at Linger’s offbeat hotels!
If you have any questions
for us, feel free to leave them in the comments below or shoot us a mail at [email protected]
Like us on Facebook
or follow us on Twitter
to get more updates regarding the contest. You can also follow #TWC to know more!