Weather in San Francisco in NovemberSan Francisco enjoys a warm Mediterranean climate throughout the year, making it a top tourist attraction. The city enjoys temperatures around 70℉ during the daytime during early November. The nights are around 10℉ colder on average. As the month progress, the temperature drops to around 60℉, with the onset of winter. It also marks the beginning of the rainy season, with rare occurrences of heavy rain.
Maximum temperature: 76.1℉
Minimum temperature: 44.8℉
Rainfall: 3.16 in
Events in San Francisco in November
1. ThanksgivingThanksgiving is amongst the most popular American festivals, falling on the last Thursday of the month. While Thanksgiving is a great time to catch up with family and friends, tourists can enjoy special menus at restaurants across town. One must definitely try the roast turkey, a staple dish of the festival.
2. Napa Valley Film FestivalThe Napa Valley Film Festival is conducted by Cinema Napa Valley annually. The film festival showcases the talent of independent filmmakers while encouraging the growth of the community of artists, filmmakers and storytellers. Guests will enjoy the scenic setting, which is further complemented by the amazing food and wine of the region. Other events during the festival include culinary demonstrations and wine-tasting receptions.
Dates: November 10–14
3. San Francisco International Auto ShowThe San Francisco International Auto Show is amongst the most popular showcase events for automobile manufacturers. Held at the Moscone Center, visitors can view the latest models of a variety of cars, ranging from luxury brands such as Rolls Royce to consumer manufacturers such as Ford. The auto show also exhibits concept cars and latest technologies in the automobile industry.
Dates: Nov 25, 2020 – Nov 29
4. Day of the Dead at Mission Cultural CenterNovember 2nd is celebrated as Day of the Dead, especially in the Mexican culture. One can visit the Mission Cultural Center, where the day is observed through a non-denominational ritual service. Altars are constructed, which are a hybrid of traditional and modern arts, which celebrate the various aspects of human life.
Dates: November 2nd
5. San Francisco Art Institute Concentrate Art SaleSan Francisco is a hub for artists from across the world. The famous San Francisco Art Institute is amongst the oldest and most prestigious art schools for contemporary art. The Concentrate Art Sale gives the public to the work and studios of the students, allowing visitors to get a glimpse and support the students by purchasing their work. In recent times, the sale has grown to engage the community with food stalls and events throughout the day.
6. Veterans Day ParadeVeterans Day falls on 11th November, honoring veterans of the military and thanking them for their service to the American nation. The day is marked by a parade through the streets in the morning, where one gets to witness veterans in full vintage military uniforms.
Dates: November 10
Things to Do in San Francisco in November
1. Shopping around Black FridayThe Friday after Thanksgiving is observed as Black Friday, where major outlets offer great sales on consumer electronics, clothes and other items. Shopaholics can indulge themselves at Union Square, where Macy’s and other big retailers offer some of the best deals. Other places to include the Westfield Mall and Ghirardelli Square, where one can visit multiple stores having sales and discounts.
2. Ice Skating at Winter Park at Civic CenterThe arrival of winter also brings about the ice skating season in San Francisco. The Winter Park at Civic Centre brings to you an outdoor skating experience like no other, with the track passing through a lighted tree forest. The park is a must-visit, especially for families and couples.
3. Watch an NBA game of the Golden State WarriorsSports enthusiasts can catch a home game of the famed Golden State Warriors during the NBA season, which begins in late October. Fans can watch the likes of global superstars such as Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson steal the limelight with a dazzling display of athleticism, which is further elevated by 18000+ fans cheering them on.
4. Take the Golden Gate Bay CruiseThose looking to soak in the beauty of the city can embark on an hour-long cruise around the San Francisco Bay. The Golden Gate Bay Cruise takes visitors under the Golden Gate Bridge, before turning around and taking tourists around the Alcatraz Island, before coming back to Fisherman’s Wharf. One can also get stunning views of the San Francisco skyline while on the cruise.
Tips for a Hassle-Free November in San Francisco
- Pack well for the weather. Don’t miss out on carrying a jacket with you, as the city can get windy during the day. As the weather gets colder, especially during the night, wearing a sweatshirt for additional warmth is highly recommended.
- November is the start of the rainy season in San Francisco. Do check the weather before you step out to explore the city. To be on the safer side, carry an umbrella with you so that you are not caught off guard by passing showers.
- If you are looking to explore the entire city, especially over a long stay, so make sure to grab a City Pass. This not only gives you access to multiple tourist attractions at a cheaper rate but also provides you with free commutes on the public transport system around the city.