1. Parkwide Bike Rentals and TravelsThis is the official San Fran vendors for bicycles and surrey rentals in the city. They have many locations and also offer guided tours. The bikes are equipped with rear racks, front camera bags, locks, helmets, maps and water holders. Some of the varieties of the bikes they have and their prices are:
City Bikes: $ 32
Electrical Bikes: $ 65
Tandem Bikes: $ 60
Kid’s Accessories: $ 25
Email ID: [email protected]
Contact Number: (415) 671-8989
2. Golden Gate Bridge Bike RentalsThis bike rental in San Francisco is the closest to the Golden Gate bridge. You can rent your bikes from here, ride over the Golden Gate Bridge and then choose to either ride back to the rental place or you can take a ferry from Sausalito. The bikes are equipped with locks, helmets, bike maps, front handlebar bags, bells and bottle holders. The varieties of bikes they offer and their prices:
Comfort Bikes: $ 32
City Hybrid Bikes: $ 36
Mountain Bikes: $ 40
Tandem Bikes: $ 70
Electric Bikes: $ 89
Kid’s Equipment Charges: $ 25
Location: 2157 Lombard St
Hours: 9 am to 5 pm from Mondays to Sundays
Contact Number: (628) 444-3385
3. San Francisco Bicycle RentalsThis rental place has an 8-mile route from Fisherman’s Wharf in San Francisco, over the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito. The bikes are equipped with maps, directions, helmets, locks and large carrying bags. They also offer guided bike tours over the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito. Some of the different Bikes and their prices are:
City Comfort Bikes: $ 32
Electric Bikes: $ 75
Performance Bike: $ 38
Tandem Bikes: $ 60
Racing Bikes: $ 60
Kid’s Equipment Charges: $ 20
Location: 425 Jefferson St
Hours: 10 am to 6 pm from Mondays to Sundays
Contact Number: (415) 922-4537
4. Blazing Saddles Bike Rentals and ToursThis bike rental in San Francisco have multiple locations throughout the city and they have a wide range of bikes you can choose from.
Price: Starts at $8 per hour
Location: 2715 Hyde St
Hours: 8 am to 7 pm on Mondays to Sundays
Contact Number: (415) 202-8888
5. Bike ConnectionBike Connection offers a wide range of some of the best bikes in the city. They have bikes to fit all your needs and their staff will help you to choose the best one for you. They also offer group rentals and can also help you with the biking route. All the rentals are equipped with helmets, locks and flat repair kits. You can rent the bikes for a week or a month too. Types of Bikes and their prices:
Hybrid Bikes and Aluminum Road Bikes: $ 35 – Daily, $ 100 – Weekly, $ 200 – Monthly
Basic Electrical Bikes: $ 69 – Daily, $ 199 – Weekly
Full Suspension Mountain Bikes: $ 50 – Daily, $ 150 – Weekly
Carbon Road Bikes: $ 50 – Daily, $ 150 – Weekly
Class 3 E-Bikes: $ 99 – Daily, $ 299 - Weekly
Terms and Conditions: You need a valid driver’s license, a credit card and a signed waiver for all bike rentals.
Location: 1090 Folsom St
Hours: Open from 11 am to 7 pm every day Closed on Thursdays
Contact Number: (415) 934-8000
6. Sports BasementThis place is less of a bike rental in San Francisco and more a sports shop and rental place and have over 15 different bikes, tandems and E-bikes to choose from. Each rental comes with a helmet, a lock and a flat kit and they also offer demo bikes. Some demo and rental bikes they offer:
Price: Starts at $32 per day
Location: 610 Old Mason St
Hours: 11 am to 7 pm on Mondays to Fridays, 9 am to 6 pm on Saturdays and Sundays
Contact Number: (415) 934-2900
7. The Bike Hut The Bike Hut is run by a non-profit organization called the Bike Hut Foundation. Their mission is to promote cycling through youth training and providing affordable bike rentals, repairs and sales. They also recycle donated bikes and parts. They also have a youth training program and also conduct biking tours. The rates include locks, waters and helmets. You can rent the bikes for up to 2 months. The rentals and their rates:
Adult Road, touring and fat-tire bikes: $ 7 per house and $ 36 per day
Tandems: $ 12 per hour and $ 40 per day
Kid’s Bikes: $ 3.50 per day
Location: 40 Pier Suite #15
Hours: 12 pm to 5 pm on Sundays, Thursdays and Saturdays
Contact Number: (415) 543-4335
Email ID: [email protected]
Note: Make sure you email or call beforehand and reserve your rentals.
8. CityRide Bike RentalsThis bike rental in San Francisco initially started off doing guided bike tours and then started renting bikes out too. They have some of the best bikes and the best prices. You can go on one of their guided tours around Sausalito, Golden Gate Park or Tiburon. Each rental is equipped with locks, custom caps and helmets. The bikes they offer:
City Bikes: $ 25 for 3 hours, $ 32 for 1 day and $ 60 for 2 days
Road Bikes: $ 38 for 3 hours, $ 48 for 1 day and $ 90 for 2 days
Hybrid Bikes: $ 30 for 3 hours, $ 38 for 4 days and $ 72 for 2 days
Location: 370 Linden St
Hours: 9 am to 5 pm on Saturdays to Mondays
Contact Number: (415) 500-2050
Some Tips for Biking in San Francisco1. Choose your bike according to your personal needs and preferences. This is especially necessary if you are going to bike for longer durations or distances.
2. Start from the right rental location. Plan and choose your rental from where and to where you want to bike.
3. Study the weather on the day you plan on going biking. Choose the best time according to the place you decide to bike to. San Francisco does tend to get foggy and windy sometimes so make sure you consider all these factors too.
4. Make sure you bike on the right-hand side of the road and be prepared in case it rains.
5. Wear your helmet at all times and do not abruptly stop in the biking lanes. Look around and then stop to the side and make sure you don’t disturb other cyclists.
6. Always keep your emergency numbers and personal IDs/information handy.
The beautiful city of San Francisco can be explored in endless ways. But one of the best ways to discover SF is by biking. Take advantage of these bike rentals in San Francisco and have a memorable time right here in the beautiful Golden Gate city.