Here is a list of 8 Picnic Spots in Dehradun:
1. Malsi Deer ParkThe experience of picnicking surrounded by wildlife is unmatched. Located only 15 km away from Dehradun city, Malsi Deer Park is where you will find herds of deer in their natural habitat. Apart from these majestic species, you will also come across Indian Antelopes, peacocks, two horned deer and flocks of birds filling up the sky vibrantly. The park sets a perfect backdrop to spend some quality time with your family, especially kids. Sight and click pictures of exotic wildlife, sip on refreshments and make the most of your day at this spectacular picnic location.
Timings: 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Entry Fees: INR 10
2. Robber's CaveTrue to its peculiar name, Robber's cave is essentially a river gushing through a cave-like formation. With a magnificent fort-like structure in the middle, the cave is 600 meters high and has a 10-meter fall, perfect to show off your Instagram feed. The water flow over here is as strange and supernature as it can get. One minute the water is flowing rapidly, the other minute it disappears underground, and then reappears a meter away. This beautiful tourist attraction is also a tranquil picnic spot. Plan a trip with your squad on the weekend to see the magic here for yourself.
Timings: 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Entry Fees: Free entry
3. LachhiwalaLooking for a day's outing in Dehradun? Search no more. Located only 15lm away from the city, Lachhiwala is yet another widely known picnic spot in Dehradun. Surrounded by Sal trees in abundance, this park provides a peaceful and calm environment for picnickers. Spend a whole day admiring nature in its purest form, indulge in games and activities or dip into the human-made pools, and relish on delicious delicacies as the sun goes down. You are sure to take back a lot of memories.
Timings: 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Entry Fees: Free Entry
Timings: 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Entry fees: The amusement park and ropeway are chargeable. Although, sightseeing the waterfalls is free.
5. TapovanTapovan is a holy spot with a mix of nature. While devotees come in thousands to visit and worship their Gods and Goddesses, the area also witnesses picnickers in a significant amount. Located at a peak near to Dehradun city, people meditating in Tapovan reflect a calm aura. With the backdrop of the holy Ganga flowing and dense forests in the surroundings, Tapovan is the ideal picnic spot if you wish to get away from the hustle bustle of the city and spend some time detoxing in nature, near God.
Timings: 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Entry fees: Free Entry
6. Bhatta FallsDeveloped only recently, Bhatta Falls is located 7 km away from Dehradun. A gentle and pure water stream flows down the hill here, untouched by commercialisation. While everyone can frolic in the freshwater ponds, there are swings and slopes especially for children in a nearby park. Make sure to pack a lot of food as there are no significant eateries in the area and also your camera to capture nature in its most beautiful form.
Timings: 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Entry fees: Free entry
7. Johar ValleyRich in history, the Johar Valley is undoubtedly one of the best trekking routes for adventurers out there. It is well connected to roads from all sides and tells a fascinating story of flourishing Indo-Tibetan trades that ended brutally after the 1962 Indo-China war. Strolling through this valley should be on every picnicker's bucket list because of its abandoned ghost villages, widespread landscape, breathtaking view of Nanda Devi.
Timings: Early morning is the best time to spend time in this area
Entry fees: Free entry
8. Fun N Food KingdomFun 'N' Food Kingdom is the first ever amusement and water park of Dehradun. With 13 high tech thrilling rides, water rides, boating club, wave pool, rain dance, a kids pool and a lush green lawn with beautiful fountains to picnic at makes it the perfect picnic area. The park promises a day full of fun, best enjoyed with kids and adults alike. With ticket prices as low as INR 450, you are surely in for a treat.
Timings: Amusement Park: 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Water Park: 12 PM to 5:00 PM
Entry Fees: INR 450
Instead of sitting on your couch and binge-watching this weekend, plan a picnic with your fam or squad at any of these spots to have an unforgettable experience, just like the old times.