Here's a round-up of some of the most Amazing Cafes in Dehradun that will satisfy the hidden gourmet in you.
1. RazzmatazzThe moment you enter, it is the breeze radiated by the beautifully set up sailor theme in this café that will draw every ounce of your attention. The blue-white colour contrast that is spread through the place lends a great vibe! The café is housed in a bungalow with a beautifully curated ambience. Excellent ventilation and the dim lightings make Razzmatazz one of the most beautiful date list-toppers for you. The eatery also features an outdoor seating area under the breezy shade of a huge tree. Being lodged in a field in the inner city, this place serves as an ideal retreat away from the hustle of the city.
Must-Try Dishes: Veg. Sandwich, White Sauce Pasta, Fried Cheese, Hot Chocolate, Lemon Tarts, Lung Fung Soup
Timings: 11:30 A.M. to 10:00 P.M.
Location: 5, Pritam Road, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248001
Approximate Cost For Two: INR 400
2. Kalsang AMA CaféWith the rustic ambience, Kalsang AMA Café offers, you will lose yourself the moment you step into this beautiful Tibetan themed café. The café boasts of courteous staff, gorgeous interior and drool-worthy food cooked in Tibetan fashion. The café serves as a perfect hangout spot, where you can also binge on innovative delicacies and drinks with your friends and family.
Must-Try Dishes: Blueberry Cheesecake, Pizza, Chocolate Shake, Momos, Fruit Beer, Sandwiches and of course, Coffee! In case you love spicy food, do try the Dragon Momo.
Timings: 10 A.M. to 10:30 P.M.
Location: 88, Opposite Osho, Chander Lok Colony, Rajpur Road, Rajpur, Dehradun
Approximate Cost For Two: INR 600
3. Waffles & CrepesIsn't the name itself making your mouth water? Waffles & Crepes is known for its delicious ice-creams, pizzas, and waffles, which make it one of the best cafes out there. The ambience and infrastructure is nothing exceptional. However, this café will not disappoint you at all if you visit it with your friends or your family to try a new exotic menu. Lose your senses with the most elegant combination of soothing vanilla and tasty cocoa over a soft and delicious base of waffle. If you are a waffle lover, do not miss out on this waffle-mania!
Must-Try Dishes: Prince Pancake, Pizza Crepe, customised Waffles with different bases and toppings. You should try mixing vanilla and chocolate toppings as they blend very well with the waffles.
Timings: 11 A.M. to 11 P.M.
Location: 1 Mohini, Main EC Road, Dehradun
Approximate Cost For Two: INR 400
4. Rising DoughOffering delectable food options is what makes Rising Dough an unbeatable winner. Their cakes look so beautiful that they turn out to be both a treat for your eyes and a treat for your taste buds! Relish your soul as you dive into their drool-worthy menu that offers a great variety of cocktails, desserts, and cheesecakes. The lighting at this cafe shines beautifully across the long hallways. These hallways are set with long tables across the walls to create an American-styled bar design. Exotic dishes merging into their Tibetan theme and perfect ambience make this place a fantastic hangout hotspot for anyone.
Must-Try Dishes: Pasta, Chicken Sandwich, Cheesecakes and Apple Pie
Timings: 10:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M.
Location: 67/10, Opposite Meedo Plaza, Rajpur Road, Chukkuwala, Dehradun
Approximate Cost For Two: INR 300 (exclusive of taxes and other additional bills)
5. Krazy For CoffeeOne thing that will keep pulling you back to Krazy for Coffee is their super-soft bun! The café is well-designed with rightly placed lightings and excellent infrastructure. It features a vast 'Enjoy Your Coffee' banner that will make you crave coffee like never before. Be it a date or a casual get-together with friends; this place will undoubtedly serve you at its best. If you are crazy for coffee and burgers, Krazy for Coffee is right in town for you.
Must-Try Dishes: White Sauce Pasta, Burgers, Hot Chocolate, French Fries, Strawberry Shake, and Cranberry Soda.
Timings: 10:00 A.M. to 10:30 P.M.
Location: Near Asian School, Vasant Vihar, Balliwala, Dehradun
Approximate Cost For Two: INR 450, though bear in mind that Krazy for Coffee accepts cash only.
6. Salt & CravingsSalt & Cravings offers an ambience worth living your date moments in! Once you let yourself enjoy their food offerings, there is no way you will go on without craving for more. The delicacies are beautifully presented and packed with a great blend of tastes. The interior décor is charming and serene, with its old-world charm. The lightings are dim and whimsical, while the walls feature beautifully lined up pebbles and the long tables can fit in your entire family. Indulge in some soul-satisfying food as you unwind and relax at Salt & Cravings.
Must-Try Dishes: Banoffee Pie, Garlic Bread, Red Velvet Cake, Lemon Cheesecake, Burrito, Hot Chocolate Fudge
Timings: 11 A.M. to 3 P.M. & 7 P.M. to 11 P.M
Location: Hotel President, 6, Astley Hall, Rajpur Road, Karanpur, Dehradun
Approximate Cost For Two: INR 500 (exclusive of additional GST)
7. Lemon Grass Garden'Ambiance, ambience and ambience!' Lemon Grass Garden is the topper of the list if you are looking for cafes that offer the most beautiful ambience. You could rest on the soothing greens of the vast garden featured here and enjoy your day with your friends or a lover. Let nature set a gorgeous backdrop for you here as you try their local delicacies. Looking to spend your Sunday in a place that cuts you off the city hassle? Get your date to Lemon Grass Garden and spend some quality time in the greens, off the screens of the city.
Must-Try Dishes: Green Apple Mojito, Combo Offerings that offer great food combinations at cut-down prices, Pav Bhaji, Hazelnut Café
Timings: 9:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. The place is perfect for an all-day visit, however, a night-time visit would make your experience much better.
Location: 76, Rajpur Road, Hathibarkala Salwala, Dehradun
Approximate Cost For Two: INR 200-300
8. Café Doonga CentralSerene, cosy and beautiful, Café Doonga Central radiates a vibe that will pull you back to this place over and over again. The ambience is exceptionally well lit. Take some sun-kissed selfies as you get comfy in their beautiful outdoor seating. You can also choose to stay inside and read some of the books they offer while you relish the delicacies offered here. All of the perks and facilities make Café Doonga Central one of the most elegant cafes in Dehradun.
Must-Try Dishes: Chicken Sausage Crepe, Fruit Chocolate Waffles, Club Sandwiches, customizable Pasta, Choco Chip Pancake, Coffee
Timings: 12 P.M. to 10 P.M. The café is perfect for your date nights as the outdoor seating looks extremely pretty at night.
Location: 13, New Survey Road, Dehradun
Approximate Cost For Two: INR 400
9. Farm To Fork CaféA café that offers an ancient English theme easily qualifies to be one of the best cafes you will ever find in Dehradun. The courteous staff at this café ensure their very best to offer you a memorable experience. The very entrance of this cafe features a logo, radiating a welcoming vibe into the beautiful fortress. The décor is stunning, mostly covered out of bamboo stem and glass. Take some book with you as you lose yourself in the vibrancy offered by Farm To Fork Café; a place you will never regret visiting.
Must-Try Dishes: Thin Crust Pizza, Lime Chicken Breast, Waffles, Pancakes, Moracan Salad, Coffee, Pesto Pasta
Timings: 6 A.M. to 3 A.M.
Location: Shop no.8, Pacific Hills, Mussoorie diversion Malsi, Dehradun
Approximate Cost For Two: INR 1000 (exclusive of additional costs)
10. Eddie's PatisserieThere is no shortage of cafés and bakeries in Dehradun. One that stands out from the crowd is Eddie's Patisserie. Famous for cakes, brownies, pastries and other baked items, this cozy cafe is located in the interiors of the Yamuna colony, away from the hustle and bustle. You cannot tell your vacation to this serene town is complete if you haven't covered bakeries like Eddie's. It is located on the first floor and has a big terrace. There are both indoor and outdoor seating options for you to spend quality time with your friends. There are board games for your entertainment too. The peacefulness of the café and their lovely selection of music is apt for having good conversations over a cup of coffee. They have a bookshelf with a good collection of books, so you can pick a book and have a good read. Apart from the mouthwatering desserts, the cafe is popular for burgers. They have brilliantly customized burgers on their menu, all of which are worth trying out.
Must-haves dishes: Cajun spiced chicken burger, waffles, watermelon soda pop, red velvet pastry, blueberry cheesecake, mud cake, caramel cold coffee
Location: 102 Yamuna Colony, Above Punjab National Bank, Khurbura Dehradun
Cost for two: INR 350
Timings: 10:30 AM - 8:30 PM (Tuesday closed)
11. Café de Piccolo
Nestled in between the bungalows of Rajpur is a hut shaped café that gives you a countryside feeling. This Italian themed café named Café de Piccolo is a hidden gem. With both indoor and outdoor seating, it has a very different ambience from other cafés in town. It is recommended to visit the place after dusk because it gets enhanced with bright lights. The light music, the dollhouse-like decor, comfortable seats and the cottage like the shape of the café makes you feel like you are in Italy. The cafe is owned by a married couple: Sudhanshu and Aarti and maintained by a courteous staff. Made of all wood, it looks straight out of a fairytale. You can enjoy the greenery of Dehradun from the glass windows, inside the cafe. The white paint and French doors and windows make it all the more dreamy. The cafe became the talk of the town, even before it was opened. Once you visit this place, you will definitely want to revisit it.
Must- have dishes: Fish and chips, Nutella and banana crepe, banoffee pie, white chocolate latte, black forest waffles and chicken pasta
Location: 180 Rajpur Road, Rajpur
Cost for two: INR 400
Timings: 11 AM - 10:30 PM
12. Best Buddy's Restro CaféBrimming with exceptional decor and food items, Best Buddy's Restro Café is a perfect addition to your list of cafés, when you are visiting Dehradun. They specialise in Indian, Continental, Italian, Chinese and Asian cuisine. Interestingly, they have street food items on their menu too. So, if you are looking for a wide variety of food items, this is the best place for you in town. The decor is smartly done, with nice quotes and unique names for each table. They have a book corner for readers. They also have live sport screening arrangements. Along with the big menu of food items, they have unique dessert items too. This is also a student-friendly cafe, with economical prices. They also offer discounts to ladies, in big groups. Overall, it provides a great environment to have a gala time with your friends and family.
Must-haves dishes: Lebanese platter, Choco Blast waffle, Burritos, Italian Smooch, Chicken Sizzler, Chicken olive skewers, Shakes
Location: 2nd floor, Shashi Arcade, Near SK Memorial Hospital, 18 E C Road, Karanpur, Dehradun
Cost for two: INR 1200
Timings: 11 AM - 11 PM
13. Y CafeLocated in the heart of the city, Y Cafe is a complete package of good ambience, food and music. The cute window curtains, handmade stitched images of seahorse, strawberry etc, colourful cushions, wall arts, quote frames, images of Charlie Chaplin etc add uniqueness and quirkiness to the decor of this place. The cafe is vintage themed, with a hint of modern shade. It is spacious with indoor seating and a seating arrangement in the lawn outside. They also have live music, board games and a book stand with a lot of books, for the readers. They have almost all genres of novels and magazines, to entertain you as you munch in some great food. If you are strolling across Karanpur, you cannot stop by this wonderful outlet and try out their Mexican, Indian and English food and also their fusion shakes and smoothies. They give off complimentary cupcakes on Saturday and have similar attractive discounts on special days. Being one of the oldest cafes in Dehradun, it is a classic choice if you are looking for peace and serenity.
Must-haves dishes: Hand-beaten coffee, Pizzas, Burgers, Lasagne, Chicken wings, Salad
Location: Hotel White House, St Joseph's Academy, Subhash Road, Karanpur
Cost for two: INR 500
Timings: 12 PM - 10 PM
14. Eltham BakeryA perfect spot for Breakfast and Brunch, Eltham Bakery is a must-visit if you are a sweet tooth. The interiors of this place are old-school and European. The place is filled with the fragrance of biscuits, coffee and freshly baked items, which entices the visitors. Situated in the Pacific Hills Complex in Malsi, this bakery and coffee house boasts a classy and exquisite collection of cookies, coffee and bread. The large outdoor seating gives you the space to unwind yourself to nature, with a cup of cappuccino. If you are driving from Dehradun to Mussoorie, you must absolutely stop by and visit this cafe. They have a good amount of options in coffee for coffee lovers. You can pick by something from their assortment of cookies and biscottis for sale when you leave.
Must have dishes: Coconut cookies, Banana walnut cookies, Mushroom puff, Chicken tikka sandwich, Hazelnut Latte, Blueberry shake and Banoffee cheesecake
Location: Shop 11, Pacific Hills, Mussoorie Diversion, Rajpur Road, Malsi, Dehradun
Cost for two: INR 500
Timings: 9 AM - 11 PM
15. JalapenosJalapeños is a Mexican eatery, located in the Pacific Hills where you can stop by for some Mexican gourmet and breakfast. Located amidst the hills, the cafe has a peaceful environment. Even though it is a tiny cafe, it makes up for the space in the amazing fusion of dishes and the interesting twist they add to each one of them. The Mac n Cheese and pancakes prepared by them are unparalleled and famous in the city. Jalapeños is a great hangout spot if you want spend some time with your friends. It is very well decorated and maintained by the team, who are known to be quite interactive.
Must have dishes: Mushroom Pinwheel, Mac n Cheese, Pancakes, Quesadillas, Cheese bombs, tea and shakes
Location: Mussoorie Division, Pacific Hills, Malsi Road, Malsi, Dehradun
Cost for two: INR 500
Timings: 11 AM - 11 PM
16. Just Café
Location: 32, New Market, Near Clock Tower, Race Course
Cost for two: INR 500
Timings: 10 AM - 11 PM
17. First Gear CaféCounted as one of the best hilltop cafés with good views is First Gear Café. Ideal for romantic couples as well as friend groups, it provides a view of the Doon Valley and Shiv Mandir. It has emerged as one of the best date-sites for the Doon-ites. The name of the cafe is due to the fact that you have to drive your vehicle up the slope. The cars have to go in the first gear, as the road leading is steep till 200 metres. Not to mention, the views are breathtaking and the ambience is good. The view becomes even better during monsoon, after getting washed down by the showers. If you wish to enjoy food along with view en-route Mussoorie, this is the place for you. They offer a variety of food items and have been popularly termed as the 'maggi-point' and 'momo-point', owing to the popularity of the two dishes there.
Must-haves dishes: Maggi, Momos, Chocolate Shake, Honey Chilli Potatoes, Pasta, Hot Chocolate
Location: Khalsa Gaon, Near Shiv Mandir, Malsi
Cost for two: INR 700
Timings: 9 AM - 9 PM
18. Valley RetreatApt for romantic lunches or poolside group parties, Café Valley Retreat is a one of its kind cafe in town. It is a cafe with a pool, surrounded by mountains on four sides. The pool can be used with nominal charges. The place is actually a retreat, located in the valley. Hence, the name. The place has a good ambience to it, with wooden furniture apt to the hut-theme, a garden and the decoration of fairy lights. They have both indoor and outdoor seating. To enjoy great views, you must sit outdoor. It is well-known for its sip-worthy beverages. A must-visit place for relaxation to the mind and treat to the mouth!
Must have dishes: Momo, Hakka noodles, Shakes, Coffee
Location: 1, Near Tapobhumi Ashram, Old Rajpur
Cost for two: INR 750
Timings: 8 AM - 10 PM
19. Café Cibo
If you want to have a calm and peaceful time with your loved ones, Cafe Cibo has a lot to offer. With garden seatings, amidst lush greenery, light music and wooden furniture to sit inside, you can have a relaxed evening at Cibo. Pick a book, buy a coffee, and you are good to go! They have a good variety of coffee and definitely have the potential to become the best barista corner in the city. It is a wonder how the cafe has maintained such a calm atmosphere, even though it is situated in the busiest road of Dehradun. They are also known for their preparation of lasagna, so that is an absolute must-try from the menu. You can enjoy their flavourful collection of shakes and pair them up with their really hearty sandwiches. They master at scrumptious Italian cuisine.
Must have dishes: Barbeque mushroom skewer, lasagna, Chicken salam-e-ishq, Veggie carnival pizza, Waffles, Coffee
Location: 44-B, East Canal Road, Near Dwarka Stores, Race Course
Cost for two: INR 800
Timing: 11 AM - 10 PM
20. The Tea Room at AlayaThis cosy tea room is located at the foothills of Mussoorie and offers mesmerising views. Great for breakfasts, quick bites and evening teas. If you're looking forward to spending some peaceful time in the lap of nature, a drive to this cafe will definitely be worthwhile.
Must have dishes: Indian spiced tea, cakes, pancakes, sandwich, Cappuccino
Location: 94, Rajpur Road, Kairwaan Gaon, Dehradun
Cost for two: INR 500
Timing: 9 AM - 8 PM
These were some of the most beautiful cafes in Dehradun that you must visit with your friends and family! They offer the best-in-class ambience which blends perfectly into the exotic treats they serve. Make the most of your leisure time as you tickle your senses with exciting flavours offered in the gorgeous city of Dehradun.