Stylish Night Out at a Rooftop Bar
1. Chill SkybarOpening Hours: 5:30 PM - 2:30 AM
Location: 76A Le Lai Rooftop of AB Tower, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
Happy Hours: 5:30 PM - 8:00 PM
USP: Chill Skybar is one of the only rooftop bars with a dance floor.
2. Skyloft by GlowOpening Hours: 5:00 PM - 1:30 AM
Location: 93 Nguyen Du, Ben Nghe, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
Happy Hours: 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM
USP: Glow Skybar has a tropical beach club atmosphere and ambience.
3. Breeze SkybarOpening Hours: 10:30 AM - 2:00 AM
Location: 5th Floor, Hotel Majestic, Dong Khot Street, Ho Chi Minh City
Happy Hours: nil
USP: French fresco architecture, Breeze Skybar is the building where the English author Graham Greene penned his war novel, 'The Quiet American'.
4. EON 51 Heli BarOpening Hours: 10:00 AM - 2:00 AM
Location: 52nd Floor, Bitexo Financial Towers, 2 Hai Trieu, Ho Chi Minh City
Happy Hours: 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM
USP: Tallest rooftop bar in Ho Chi Minh City offers a vertigo-inducing view of the city of Saigon
Dance the Night Away at an Exquisite NightclubIf your idea of a night to remember is to dance till you drop, pack your dancing shoes, because the nightclubs in Ho Chi Minh City are equipped with a great dance floor and a crowd that wishes to shimmy the night away. These nightclubs are sleek and fashionable and attract a clientele that is more relaxed than those of the fancy rooftop bars. However, make no mistake in assuming you can dress down because the crowd is definitely dressed to impress. The music in these nightclubs varies from International funk rock to standard party pop based on what day of the week it is. It is the perfect place for single people to experience a jazzy and fun-filled night out. Some popular nightclubs in Saigon include:
5. Lush NightclubOpening Hours: 8:00 PM - 2:00 AM
Location: 2 Ly Tu Trong, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
USP: On Tuesday there are free drinks for ladies until midnight and on Thursdays, there is a buy one get one free offer on beers and mixed drinks.
6. Apocalypse NowOpening Hours: 8:30 PM - 4:00 AM
Location: 2 Thi Sach, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
USP: Oldest Nightclub in Ho Chi Minh City, Spread over two floors, Outdoor eating area, Pool Table
7. Piu PiuOpening Hours: 8:00 PM - 3:00 AM
Location: 97 Hai Ba Trung Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
USP: Two floors with different music - on the lower floor the DJ plays Hip Hop music while on the upper floor music is comparatively mellower
Experience some Live MusicIf you like your music performed by live people, displaying their finesse before you, Ho Chi Minh City has a great variety of genres and options for you to choose from. Ranging from jazz to rock, from hip-hop to pop, Ho Chi Minh City has a wide buffet of options laid out for a live music lover. If you want to go to a live music bar, dress casually, but not too casual - just enough to look sophisticated but not too snobby. Here are 5 Live Music Bars you should check out:
8. The Acoustic BarOpening Hours: 6:00 PM - 12:00 AM (Live Music from 9:00 PM except on Sundays)
Location: 6E1, D Ngo Thoi Nhiem, District 11, Ho Chi Minh City
USP: Rock music of the past comes alive with numbers of rock legends such as Jimi Hendrix and John Lennon.
9. Sax n Art Jazz ClubOpening hours: 7:00 PM - 12:00 AM, Live Music from 9:00 PM
Location: 28 Lei Loi, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
USP: Contemporary Jazz Music with some subtle Vietnamese influences, frequented by touring international musicians
10. Hard Rock Café Ho Chi Minh CityOpening Hours:
Monday - Friday: 11:00 AM - 12:00 AM,
Saturday, Sunday: 11:00 AM - 2:00 AM
Live music: 9:00 PM onwards
Location: 39 Le Duan Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
USP: Rock - Pop music is prevalent. One of the branches of the well known main outlet
11. Yoko Cafe SaigonOpening Hours: 7:00 PM - 12:00 AM, Live music from 9:00 PM
Location: 22A, Nguyen Thi Dieu, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
USP: Lively in ambience, singer-songwriter songs with a pop-jazz feel to it
12. Seventeen SaloonOpening Hours: 7:00 PM - 2:00 AM, Live music from 9:00 PM
Location: 103A, Pham Ngu Lao Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
USP: Vietnamese bands in cowboy hats and boots singing some good old rock and roll with slight metal influence.
High Roller Stakes For The Gamblers
13. Try Your Fortune at a CasinoThough the Casinos of Ho Chi Minh city pale in comparison to those of Vegas, they do offer some stiff steady entertainment for those who are willing to gamble. These casinos are generally located in hotel lobbies and are open in the evening hours. The most famous Casinos are in Sheraton Saigon Hotel and Towers and Caravelle Hotel. If you are feeling up to a good wager, you can try your luck at some roulette, mah-jongg or the slot machine. It is suitable for both singles and couples. It's a good idea to dress casual and nothing too fancy.
Non-Conventional Things to Do in Ho Chi Minh City at NightIf you are not a big fan of partying or if none of the above options appealed to you, you do not need to wonder what to do in Ho Chi Minh City, as the city has a lot more to offer. Some of the exotic and fun things to do in Saigon include:
14. Beer Hoi in Pham Ngu LaoA backpackers' paradise, Pham Ngu Lao, located in District 3 of Ho Chi Min city gives you the perfect opportunity to bask in some middle-class Vietnamese lifestyle. The area is lacking in stylish nightclubs, but more than makes up for it with its exotic vibe. The entire street is filled with tiny, shack-like shops selling authentic Vietnamese food like ban xeo, bun bo hue and pho, stools laid out in front of each of these shops, occupied by both Vietnamese and foreigners, interacting with each other over mugs of bia hoi (beer) and the lit up streets filled with an omnipresent bustling crowd. It is the perfect place for singles who are ready to mingle and those who are on a tight budget. Remember to dress casual and chic. It isn't a party, just a fun gathering. Pham Ngu Lao is definitely for the adventurous, who want to experience the local flavour of Vietnam.
15. Cruise down the Saigon RiverA Dinner Date, cruising down the Saigon river in a boat, accompanied by some light jazz musicians playing in the background and a traditional Vietnamese dance in addition to a sumptuous spread of both Vietnamese and Western foods serves as a romantic escape from the busy streets of the city. Being an iconic landmark of Ho Chi Min City, a trip to the city is incomplete without this experience. A perfect place for a couple night out, the leisurely cruise not only offers you a unique nightlife adventure in Ho Chi Minh City, but also gives you some calm away from the hustle of the city. If you are going for a romantic cruise, remember to dress sophisticated.
16. Shop till you drop at Ben Thanh Night MarketFor all the shopaholics out there, the Ben Thanh night market is a must visit. Stretching across a vast area of land, this market consists of a myriad of things to do in Ho Chi Minh City, with stalls selling everything from Vietnamese seafood and clothes to souvenirs. From 7:00 PM - 12:00 AM the area becomes a pedestrian-only zone, making your exploratory shopping trip all the more leisurely and exciting. Dress as comfortable as you can as you'll have to walk quite a bit. Prices are hiked by quite a lot and so bargaining to bring down prices may be a good idea.
17. Soak in some artistic talent at the Saigon Opera HouseThe Saigon Opera House is an elegant French colonial style building in District 1, which is not only used to staged operas but also a number of other performances. For those who enjoy the fine arts will find an evening of operas, ballet, Vietnamese traditional dances and plays waiting for them at the Opera House. It is an ideal location for some couple time. It is a good idea to dress well while enjoying a more cultural event as part of the Ho Chi Minh Nightlife experience.
The thriving Ho Chi Minh City nightlife has a little something for each and every person, no matter what they wish to do. This article covers but a fraction of what Ho Chi Minh city has to offer, and it is yours to explore. The city has an ever-changing and rapidly growing nightlife and experiencing it is an integral part of the travel experience. Go out and party the night away!