Highlights of the CampThe camp provides immense opportunities to camp in the wild, amidst nature and wildlife. Along with camping in an eco-friendly tent, you could also avail comfortable accommodation in the cottages and dormitories at the camp. Housed with all basic amenities, Nameri Eco Camp also has an in-house canteen serving both vegetarian and non-vegetarian food across local and global cuisines.
Activities at Nameri Eco Camp
1. CampingNameri Eco Camp offers eco-friendly tents to their guests. A permanent base with attached washroom and changing room, the camps are provided with two comfortable beds. After spending a night in the tent, chill on the verandah and enjoy your morning coffee surrounded by nature.
2. AnglingIn search of the prized golden mahseer, Angling became one of the most loved Nameri activities around 60 years ago. Today, although the fish is endangered and complete conservation efforts are being taken in the state, many enthusiasts still enjoy leisurely angling in the river for other fish.
3. River RaftingRiver Jia-Bhoroli flows quite rapidly, creating the perfect waves and speed for river rafting. The 15-km stretch gives enough time even to witness some rare wild birds.
4. Bird WatchingNameri Eco Camps is a haven for bird-watchers. With over 350 species of birds in the jungles of Assam, you can watch many of them, while chilling in the verandah, your campsite or while jungle hiking.
5. CyclingThe camp also avails bicycles to check out the nearby villages and countryside lifestyle or explore the deep Nameri National Park.
6. Jungle WalkExplore the deep forests through the 5 km long walk into the jungle! A thrilling experience as you head farther inside, the trail is surrounded with tall, dense trees and intriguing wildlife.
How to Reach Nameri Eco CampBy Train
The nearest railway station is 29 kilometres from Nameri National Park, at Rangapara. You can hire taxis or buses to reach Nameri from Rangapara.
Regular bus services ply to and from Nameri National Park. They operate both day and night from places like Guwahati, Tawang and Dibrugarh. You can also take shared taxis for the same route.
The nearest airport is the Tezpur Airport, around 30 km away from Nameri National Park. Hire a taxi to reach Nameri from the airport.
Find out more about Nameri Eco Camp.
So when are you camping at the Nameri Eco Camp? Have you been here before? Let us know in the comments below!