Let us have a look at the numerous golf courses in Gurgaon:
1. DLF Golf and Country ClubOwned and maintained by DLF, this golf course in Gurgaon was founded in the year 1999. Designed by Arnold Palmer, an American professional golfer, DLF Golf and Country Club provide an elite golfing experience. Palmer created the first nine holes while Gary Player crafted the new 18 holes. In Player's design, golfers can choose to play from six different tees – Gold, Black, Blue, White, Red and Yellow. While Palmer's design is challenging for many, golfers may play from five different tees. DLF hosts European co-sanctioned tournaments - Avantha Masters and Johnnie Walker classic. It is a must-visit for every ardent golfer!
Address: Opposite American Express, Golf Course Road, DLF Phase 5, Sector 42
Timings: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Phone: 0124 4525275
Membership fee: INR 10 lakhs (Subject to change)
2. Golden Greens Golf & Resorts LimitedDesigned by DR Martin Hawtree and the Aravalli hills, this golf course in Gurgaon gives golfers a run for their money. Spread over 275 acres, it consists of 18-holes, par 72, 7100 yards championship course and provides for an effortless golfing experience. It also houses a full-scale driving range and separate chipping and bunker shots practice areas for the learners. A contemporary style Club House with comfortable changing rooms and a finite dining hub make for a relaxing weekend!
Address: Sector 79
Phone: 0124 4069866, +91 981885220
3. TERI Golf CourseThe energy & resources institute (TERI) has its facility in on a 70 acres campus comprising of a 9-hole golf course in Gurgaon along with a driving range. The course is open to all and membership is available on request. Initially, a six-hole course of 100 to 350 yards space is now a 9-hole field. Though it appears smaller amidst the other golf clubs, it helps develop short game skills and boost your confidence. Challenges exist in the form of elevation, narrow fairways and lots of hazards.
Address: Faridabad Highway, Pahari, Dera Mandi, Bandhwari
Timings: 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Phone: 011 7369 8463
4. Karma LakelandsThis nine hole par 33 of 2,543 yards golf course is set amid residential areas and has a scenic view of lush greenery and beautiful birds like peacocks and even deer. The Karma Golf Academy offers individual and group golf lessons and acts as a perfect place for beginners to pick up the sport. Apart from this, they have all-day dining, swimming pool, tennis and children's park; even a chalet and villa rental for short and long-term stay. Thus Karma Lakelands provides a wholesome golfing experience.
Address: NH-8, Sector 80
Timings: 6:00 AM – 10:30 PM
Phone: 095999 44988
5. Tarudhan Valley Golf ResortGraham Cooke, a five-time Canadian amateur champion, designed Tarudhan Valley Golf Resort which offers global golfing exposure. This nine-hole golf course in Gurgaon has been curated to deliver an old school golfing experience with a modern twist. Being environmentally friendly, the view from the course can calm unsettled work minds!
Address: Silverglades, 5th Floor, Times Square Building, B-Block, Sushant Lok, Phase I
6. Hamoni Golf CampHarmoni Golf club has nine target greens – 9 pitch and putts circuit, 19 bunkers, four practice greens and 105 driving bays. The Harmoni golf academy also trains young golfers into being professionals. "Café by the greens" an in-house café draws inspiration from the Clubs during the British reign and offers a continental palate – eggs waffles, falafels are their speciality!
Address: CK Farm, Carterpuri Village, Sector 23A
Timings: 6:00 AM – 10:00 PM (Except Monday)
Phone: 096431 51511
7. ITC Classic Golf Resort
Classic Golf Resort in Gurgaon is 35 km from the International airport and is the first South Asian Signature Championship golf course in Gurgaon designed by the legend Jack Nicklaus. It expands over 300 acres at the foothills of the Aravallis. The golf course comprises a par 72, 18-hole, 7114-yard signature championship course, and a par 36, 9-hole course of 3135 yards, a social club and sports complex. Bunkers and water hazards allow golfers to enhance agility.
Address: c/o LBIL, ITC Green Centre, 10,Institutional Area, Sector 32What was once a rich man's sport during the British Raj has now become easily accessible to people. Mainly in a driven society like Gurgaon, the relief of a game can work wonders. This club and ball sport has health benefits and proves to be a great way of getting fit. Take time off of work and grab your club, as golf courses in Gurgaon are looking for the next Woods.
Phone: 9899975557, 9953399509, 9971155774