Here are the 12 best bars and pubs in Georgetown that are sure to give you a top-notch adventure night-
1. Three-Sixty Revolving Restaurant & Rooftop BarPerched atop the Hotel Bayview, Three-Sixty Revolving Restaurant & Rooftop Bar bar is the most famous revolving rooftop sky bar in Georgetown offering one of the best skyscraper views of the city. As high as it is placed, the bar serves exclusive high priced drinks for this unique remarkable experience. Apart from its rotating indoor hall with classic and luxurious interior, it also has an open-air lounge with an array of beers and cocktails for a lighthearted breezy drink. For those who can afford it, it is one of the best places to have a drink with a view!
Opening Hours: 4 PM to 1 AM (Sunday to Thursday), 4 PM to 2 AM (Friday & Saturday)
Location: 25-A, Lebuh Farquhar, George Town, 10200 George Town, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Telephone: +60 4-261 3540
Cost: Burns a hole in the pocket
2. Manchu BarThis is one of the top bars in Georgetown, and also a live music venue. This Chinese Bar offers a list of drinks that include cocktails fusions from the east and west. Note that they sell whiskeys in bottles here and not in glass. You can try their dragon breath cocktail that serves about 8 to 10 people. It has a lively atmosphere with lots of games to play and mandarin songs tuning in the background. Their themed night shows and live performances for Valentine’s Day, New Year, Christmas Eve, and others are a pure delight for the eye! Book your seats in advance for any live shows to avoid disappointments.
Opening Hours: 6 PM to 2 AM
Location: 38 & 40, Jalan Pintal Tali, George Town, 10100 George Town, Pulau Pinang,Malaysia
Telephone: +60 12-500 7588
3. Soju RoomSoju Room is one of Penang’s most luxurious nightclubs and bars with the trendiest vibes in town. Captivating live bands, exclusive runways, electronic dance scenes, and festive DJ nights are what make this place lively and quirky. Plenty of clubbers join in and dance to the electronic beats and bass on a neon-lit dance floor. The bar offers cocktails, premium liquors, and plenty of drinks to its visitors. It has a very contemporary and quirky set up with moving neon lights flashing from above. It also has a separate VIP lounge for private meetings.
Opening Hours: 9 PM to 3 AM, Closed on Sunday
Location: B2, Entertainment City, Times Square, 10150, Penang, Malaysia
Telephone: +60 12-556 5876
4. GravitySituated atop the G Hotel, this bar provides a skyline view of the heritage of Penang all the way from the Penang hill to the bridge along with a mesmerizing sunset point. The open-air lounge has an exclusive buffet setup catering to all appetites and a bar with a fine selection of wines, beer, and cocktails. It also entertains its visitors with a live band performance every Friday and Saturday from 8:30 OM. This place acquires a healthy crowd with a friendly, romantic atmosphere apt for a casual date and a memorable dance with your loved one!
Opening Hours: 5 PM to 1 AM, 5 PM to 12 AM on Sunday
Location: Level 24, G Hotel Kelawai, 2, Lorong Maktab, 10250, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Telephone: +60 4-219 0000
5. HiddenTikiAs the name suggests, this bar has a uniquely disguised location, almost a secret, and reaching here can get really tricky! Designed in a way to evoke surprises amongst its visitors, this bar is the coolest place in Georgetown and a must-visit for all! With an amazing Polynesian setting and friendly bartenders mixing you cocktails, gin, and rums according to your tastes, this place also has a hidden menu that you’ll need to ask out loud. Don’t forget to sip their exhilarating signature drinks Titillating Tiki and Missionary Downfall! Note the exact location and entrance before visiting this bar, or if you need some adventure on your way, try finding it yourself.
Opening Hours: 8 PM to 3 AM
Location: 20, Jalan Anson, 10400 George Town, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Telephone: +60 18-940 2625
6. Mish MashThis is a popular cocktail bar in Georgetown in a compact and casual setting. The bar has a contemporary outlook with interesting decors and Asian murals. They offer plenty of seasonal cocktails, draft beers, and non-alcoholic drinks to cater to all their customers. You can go for their Moscow mule, Bahama Mama, crafted vodkas and whiskeys, or simply a ginger beer or an Asam Soda for an invigorating experience!
Opening Hours: 4 PM to 12 AM, Closed on Sunday
Location: 24, Muntri St, Georgetown, 10200 George Town, Penang, Malaysia
Telephone: +60 17-536 5128
7. Soho Freehouse and PenthouseA two-storeyed English pub, Soho Freehouse is very much popular amongst the night owls of Georgetown. They serve a variety of draught beers, and savvy cocktails in their Penthouse situated upstairs. It also has a giant screen telecasting sports channels, a pool table, and a soccer corner for those looking for added fun. It is perfect for a quick drink and for catching up with your friends. Look out for their happy hours starting at 5 pm!
Opening Hours: 12 PM to 3 AM
Location: 50, Jln Penang, George Town, 10000 George Town, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Telephone: +60 4-263 3331
8. The Press est. 1936Located in the heart of the city, this is another open-air rooftop bar providing a pleasant, breezy experience in the day and a ravishing party vibe at night. It also has an indoor lounge where vibrant themed parties and DJ nights are conducted with hard rock music. The lounge is spacious with a clean wooden interior where bartenders serve a spectrum of cocktails and drinks, some of them being Peachtree, Lemongrass, and others.
Opening Hours: 5 PM to 3 AM
Location: No.2, Gat Lebuh Chulia, 10300 George Town, Malaysia
Telephone: +6012 - 402 4042
Cost: Between RM 30 – RM 50
9. Tree BarThis is one of the busiest alfresco bars in a town surrounded by a refreshing environment. With an 80-year old huge heritage tree placed in the middle of the outdoor area, this place serves premium international beers along with crafted cocktails and wines. It also has a reverse tap beer system that automatically dispenses beers. Its menu also consists of crunchy snacks and other delectables for a casual chill-out weekend with an outdoor drinking experience.
Opening Hours: 12 PM to 1 AM (Monday to Thursday), 12 PM to 2 AM (Friday & Saturday), 12 PM to 12 AM on Sunday
Location: 168A, Gurney Dr, 10350 George Town, Penang, Malaysia
Telephone: +60 12-545 6152
10. Out of NowhereThis is another secret bar in Georgetown that has an interesting and quirky entrance. (Hint: If you spot an orange door that seems like a fridge, just open it!) It also has a dark setting with dim lights adding to the breezy atmosphere. This uncrowded bar serves beers, cocktails and wines along with Malaysian delectables. They also have their special mixologists serving crafted drinks.
Opening Hours: 11 AM to 11 PM, Closed on Tuesday
Location: 73, Jalan Kuala Kangsar, George Town, 10100 George Town, Pulau Pinang,Malaysia
Telephone: +60 19-727 6748
11. Monkey BarThis is a typical English style pub located in the middle of Georgetown’s nightlife street. With wooden bar stools and moody lights, this place has a comparatively dark-themed interior and can get crowded on weekends. With a fair variety of drinks, this place is suitable for a quick pint or a shot. Don’t forget to ask for the happy hour promos that start at 6 pm every day!
Location: Jalan Penang, George Town, 10000 George Town, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Telephone: +60 4-261 8262
12. The Beach BarSituated right in the middle of the popular Penang Road, this Gastropub and bar that is perfect for a casual hangout. This place offers a couple of evening drinks such as gin and tiger beers, along with European and North Indian cuisines. The eclectic music adds to the vibe of the street and is visited by plenty of tourists and locals. Ladies’ night is on every Thursday with free drinks. This bar follows no particular dress code and is very much friendly and inviting.
Opening Hours: 11 AM to 10 PMRun into these amazing bars and pubs of Georgetown and share your adventures and experiences with us!
Location: 3H & 3I, Jalan Penang Road, Penang, 10000 George Town, Penang, Malaysia
Telephone: +60 10-549 3211