Bringing to you some of the best places to down umpteen coffee shots/cups, you can sit in some of these cosy cafes and enjoy your favourite beverage, without any guilt. These places serve a plethora of coffee brews and you're going to be spoilt for choice!
Check out the list to give into your coffee temptation in George Town -
1. Macallum ConnoisseursA good old cappuccino on the side of Macallum's breakfast is going to make you fall in love with this cafe. A former wearhouse, this place doubles up, oops quadruples up for a roastery, restaurant, gelato and an academy. You're going to devour some of the best coffee varieties that include rose coffee, Brasil Fazenda Parasio roast, bitter Kopi Coffee Spaghetti (this one's a big deal & must try) Ethiopia Yirgacheffe Mocca and what not! Hit up the roastery chamber and ask the connoisseur staff for the right beans and they will brew it to perfection!
Address: 1, Gat Lebuh Macallum, George Town, 10300 George Town, Penang Island
Timing: 9 AM to 12 AM
2. Constant Gardener CafeOh, This one's special! Constant Gardener is one such cafe that will not just spoil you with awesome brews from around the world, but will also enlighten you about coffee trivia, culture and an array of beans. Dig into their espresso tasters menu or just ask the staff for your palate pleaser, you'll be pampered by your desired blend. The absolute coffee friendly cafe is an amalgam of Asian and French, placed right in the heart of George Town! Also, if you're looking for something to go with your coffee, we strongly recommend their croissants or the matcha tiramisu.
Address: Ground Floor, Chinese Chamber Of Commerce Building, 9, Lebuh Light, George Town, 10200 George Town, Penang Island
Timings: 9 AM to 12 AM
3. The Mugshot CafeThe Mugshot Cafe is what coffee dreams are made of! It is a place where coffee aromas are blended with the whiff of the co-owned bakery space. Trust us when we say this, you'll get the best of both here. Sit by the cosy window with a book, cappuccino (highly recommended) and a piece of cake and you're good to go for hours! This rustic space is undoubtedly a safe haven for all the classic coffee lovers.
Address: 302, Lebuh Chulia, George Town, 10200 George Town
Timings: 8 AM to 12 AM
4. Wheeler's CafeAll about wheels and vehicles, Wheeler's cafe is refreshing as ever! A street-side coffee shop nestled in the corner of love lane seems to be a favorite of many tourists. Along with amazing coffee choices, one gets to enjoy cocktails and other hard drinks too. One must try the lip smacking panini sandwiches. Head to Wheeler's with your friends (even past midnight) and have the best conversations over coffee here.
Address: 67, Lorong Love, George Town, 10200 George Town, Penang
Timings: 8:30 AM to 2 AM
5. China HouseChina House is a promising space that offers not just a cafe with amazing coffee but also a library, a restaurant, galleries and more. Spread across 3 white heritage buildings, you have a lot to explore. You're bound to conquer the bakery feast at China House that is lined with croissants, cakes, cheesecakes and so much more. Because coffee is best consumed on the side of something oh-so-delicious!
Address: 153, Beach St, Georgetown, 10300 George Town, Penang
Timings: 9 AM to 1 AM
6. Ome by Spacebar CoffeeA sight straight out of a Pinterest card- Ome by Spacebar is simply a delightful place with the best ambiance ever. When you see a cafe with bricked walls and timber seatings, trust it for its coffee and culture. At (H)Ome, you get treated with in-house baked goodies, art exhibitions and great conversations. Especially known for its speciality coffee, espresso in particular, you will not regret heading here for your morning dose of caffeine. Thank us later!
Address: 1, Lorong Toh Aka, George Town, 10100 George Town, Penang Island
Timings: 8 AM to 6 PM (Closed on Thursdays)
7. The AlleyFor those who like a different blend once in a while or like to experiment with your coffee, The Alley is just the right place. From the classic Barista moods to awesome cold brews, they serve some kick-ass blends catering to your taste-buds. Off-beat brews are the charm and so are it's churros. It's an old-school coffee place tucked into a historic building with lots of plants and quirky elements to amp up the space. Fill out your coffee card and get that much needed coffee kick.
Address: 5, Stewart Lane, George Town, Malaysia
Timing: Monday to Thursday: 2 PM - 10 PM, Friday to Sunday: 12 PM - 12 AM
8. Black KettleA vanilla latte with an almond croissant? Yes please! Black Kettle is a place where you'd be greeted with artisan baked goods, decent Wifi and a gigantic smile. The classy interiors, the pleasant environment and the smell of freshly brewed coffee will enchant you into staying here for a few hours at least! What's unique? The fact that this place serves hand-made sauces and breads with lots of love. Promise us that you'll try the blueberry cheesecake with your coffee here!
Address: 105, Beach St, Georgetown, 10300 George Town, Penang
Timings: Sunday to Thursday: From 9 AM to 11:30 PM, Friday & Saturday: From 9 AM to 12 AM
9. Le Petit FourCoffee, dessert, Pastry- that's what the door says! Le Petit Four is a treat for not just coffee lovers but also pastry droolers! Since the owner hails from a French Pastry school, you can guess that the range is oh-so-french and fabulous (screaming croissants and pain au chocolate). Getting back to coffee, the well rounded beans and the perfect blend gives you a caffeine high! Everything on the menu is great so just go ahead and gorge on whatever you like!
Address: 310, Lebuh Pantai, George Town, 10300Malaysia
Timings: 7 AM to 8 PM
10. Coffee LaneCoffee Lane is especially for the aficionados of coffee- one that is also run by a coffee philosopher himself! Roasted in-house, they sure know the roasts and beans well and they help you with the best picks of the lot. A person who appreciates great coffee is bound to love this place! You can ask the staff to blend different beans to help identify the taste and your favourite brew too. Beans from around the world, you're going to be spoilt for choice at Coffee Lane.
Address: 435, Chulia St, Georgetown, 10200 George Town, PenangWell now that we've given you the list of best coffee places it's your turn to go out and about to explore these awesome cafes! Make sure you try out the best picks and recommended brews!
Timings: Sunday-Wednesday: 10 AM - 10 PM, Friday & Saturday 10 AM - 12 AM
Leave a review of your favourite coffee shop tucked in George Town in the comments below!