While Telangana might be the newest tourist hotspot, Seemandhra (or the rest of Andhra Pradesh) is not far behind in providing plethora of opportunities for those who like packed bags. This coastal twin of Telangana has many hidden treasures that are waiting to welcome you for a breathtaking experience.
1. Horsley Hills offer you the view of the unadulterated Eastern Ghats: Uneven and Unexplored
2. This naturally carved Garuda on the rock invites you for reasons – religious and natural – that you can’t say no to.
3. The Gopurams of the temples present some of the best stone work architecture across India.
4. The rock cut temples here look more like a movie set than the traditional temples.
5. If you’re looking for even more instances of the regions skills with rocks, this 1000 acre park with rock scriptures between pools of water is an apt example.
6. The rocks and hills in the area provide you another level to explore: Underground!
7. We bet you had not even imagined that such places as Belur caves existed! Just look at it. Don’t you want to visit this place at least once?
8. Don’t let this huge opening confuse you. A little deeper into the cave and you’ll find yourself crawling on your stomach.
9. The beauty is not just rock deep. The fields and the mountains offer equally beautiful views!
10. With three rivers pouring into this lagoon, Pulicat Lake is a must visit for anyone traveling nearby.
11. The migrating birds happen to enjoy this lake so much that it’s officially a Bird Sanctuary
12. Even the birds happen to have a choice between the Pulicat lake and Kolleru lake ,one of the largest fresh water lakes in India
13. Excess water and excess rocks? Too many beautiful waterfalls!
14. Ferrying on the world’s largest man made lake is surely something not to be missed.
15. Krishna River, that is considered to be the lifeline of Seemandhra happens to be in its most serene moods while passing Vijayawada.
16. Trees, Rocks, Streams, Sunshine and Shadow. Relax, be awed or just keep clicking.
17. Lush green fields on islands on the Godavari river. Keep jumping the ships. Literally!
18. Even simple road trips when offering you nothing special, provide you with views like this.
19. And last but definitely the most important: Food!
There definitely are many many more surprises in the Seemandhra package and this list can go on but one has to be picky at times. If you think we missed on any must visit place do let us know. And even though Hyderabad is he capital of Seemandhra as well, we didn’t include it in the list because of it’s geographical distance making it difficult to fit into this list.
Have you visited our website to discover lesser known destinations for your travel plans?