Dates of Ziro Music Festival 2019
The festival last year in 2018 was held from 27th September to 30th September. The dates for this year is yet to be announced. Early Bird Tickets are available on the website for INR 5,000. You need to get a printout of the same along with a photo ID to get the festival wristband. The ticket does not include accommodation and food. The ticket money is non-refundable even if some performances are cancelled.
About Ziro Music Festival
The Ziro valley is the home to Apatani tribe. The Apatani tribe is famous for their hospitality and their love for music. The Ziro Music Festival gives an outlet to this penchant for music and the desire to have an organised music festival. The festival draws music lovers from distant parts of the country. It is an outdoor festival which is celebrated with a lot of energy and enthusiasm. Apart from being a fertile opportunity to showcase the talents and music of North East, the festival also helps to promote tourism in the state. National and international artists like Lee Ranaldo, Steve Shelley, Louw Majaw, Sha'air n Func, Indus Creed, Peter Cat Recording Co, Menwhopause, Guru Rewben Mashangva, and Barmer Boys have been a part of the festival. Along with a fantastic musical treat for four days, the audience also gets accommodation facility in camps near the venue keeping them near their favourite artists and sessions.
Entry Formalities for Ziro Music Festival
There are some official permits one requires to be a part of the festival. These include:
1. Inline Permit: Indian citizens, excluding natives of Arunachal Pradesh, need Inline Permit or ILP to enter any place in Arunachal Pradesh. The ILP can be acquired either online or can be obtained from the Government Authorities of Arunachal Pradesh whose offices can be found in Kolkata, Delhi, Guwahati, Shillong, Tezpur, Dibrugarh, Jorhat, and Lakhimpur.
2. Protected Area Permit: All foreigners travelling to Arunachal Pradesh require PAP or Protected Area Permit. This can either be acquired from All Indian Missions abroad or the All Foreigners Regional Registration Officers (FRRO) at Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata or from the Chief Immigration Officer, Chennai or the Home Ministry, Govt. of India or Home Commissioner, Govt. of Arunachal Pradesh, Itanagar.
Where is Ziro Music Festival Celebrated?
Ziro is a town in the Lower Subansiri district in Arunachal Pradesh. The picturesque beauty of the city surrounded by majestic mountains is spellbinding. The welcoming and warm Apatani tribe, the splendid scenery, the charming villages, rivers, rice fields, and landscapes set Ziro Valley apart. It has been listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO lately.
- If you have to resell your ticket, consult the ZFM team at [email protected]
- There are several homestays, hotels and camping arrangements in Ziro. The website will add the accommodation section closer to the festival. However, it is advisable to book in advance.
- If you are an artist that wishes to perform, you can send your profile to the required authorities at the festival.
- There are several food stalls inside and outside the festival selling a wide variety of cuisines.
- You are not allowed to carry your alcohol inside the venue. Beer and local wines will be available at the festival bar.
- The closest ATM is half an hour away from the festival. People report their daily expenditure at the festival is around INR 1,000.
- If you are travelling alone, you can find people to travel to their online forums.
- Since monsoon has set in by the time of the festival, carry your umbrellas, raincoats, and gumboots.
- Book tickets in advance for the early bird offer.
Artist Line up for the Ziro Music Festival 2018
Khasi Bloodz, Kroashia, as we keep searching. Carolina Norbu, Burudu, Vivek Arora, Lateral, Kum Chirui, Atingkok, Sky Level, Reggae Rajahs, Damo Suzuki, The Kathmandu Killers, Alaska Snack Time, Alobo Naga & The Band (ANTB), Bint El Funk, Rizal Abdulhadi, Jambili, Thaalavattam, Dhruv Visvanath and Sofia Ashraf. Now you know what to expect for 2019.
How to Reach?
Taking a taxi from Guwahati to Ziro will take you about 7 hours via NH27 or NH15. You can also take a bus from Itanagar to Ziro which will cost you around INR 100 - INR 200.
Besides the music fest, there are numerous other activities which enable one to explore the region and the tribe. The festival has been growing at a rapid rate and should be attended to get high on some trippy music! So grab your tickets and umbrella and make sure to not miss out on the most lively and trippy music festival of 2019.