Anybody will tell you that Nagpur is world famous for its oranges, but that's not it. Nagpur packs in a whole lot of variety in the array of products it has to offer.
1. Nagpur Oranges
Where to buy: Available in stores across Nagpur. Find the best in the Cotton Market area. You can even take a trip to Orange Orchards if you wish to learn how the orange is farmed.
2. Haldiram Sweets
Where to buy: Found in Haldiram restaurants and shops across the city.
What fun is it if you carry the solitary orange? You must not leave without packing in some of the best quality orange products like jams, jellies, marmalades and fruit squash.
3. Orange Products
4. HandicraftsStarting from the Kolhapur-famous Bidri ware to cotton sarees and cholis, Nagpur has it all. Bidri ware is a type of metal handicraft from Bidar which serves as excellent gift items. Silk border cotton dhotis are also a big hit here. Put on that bargaining hat because you're going to need it.
Where to buy: Sitabuldi Main Road
5. Antique Currency
Where to buy: Numismatic Art Gallery by 20th-century coins
Famous Markets for Shopping
1. Sitabuldi Main Road
2. Dharampeth Shopping Street
3. Cotton Market
4. Sadar Bazaar
What to buy: Bookstores, electronic showrooms and some food zones make it worth exploring.
5. Mahal-Itwari Market
What to buy: Best if you are looking for large amounts of cloth material at wholesale prices. Also a fabulous source of groceries, it is also known for its Kirana Oil, incense sticks and dry fruits. You are also sure to find eateries that sell lip-smacking evening snacks and freshly baked items. Yum!
6. Sarafa BazaarSarafa Bazaar in Nagpur located in New Itwari Road is a paradise for street shopping lovers. It has the largest cluster for jewellery shops. Women can head there and pick some trendy accessories and modern jewellery. There are a lot of clothing and saree showrooms. Kirana Oli is a popular store for dry fruits and a source for groceries. The popular bakery, Shreemaya Celebrations is another outlet in Nagpur known for its pastries and cakes. There are many cafés, restaurants and food joints in the bazaar and the many are still coming up. Book lovers can also find some book stores where you can get both used and new books. Other than that, there are shoe shops and bag shops. All in all, there are every kind of shops and stores for every need.
What to buy: Dry fruits, jewellery, bakery items
Malls in Nagpur
And for all, you modern day shoppers with a more relaxed budget, the city's malls welcome you with open hands. Housing Indian and International brands, here are a few shopping malls in Nagpur:
7. Empress City MallLining many popular Indian and International brands, Empress City Mall is where you can shop your heart out. Some of the most famous brand outlets are Fabindia, Bossini, Catwalk and Global Desi. After shopping, you can go for some entertainment in the entertainment centre. The mall hosts many events all year round. There is a food court too, with many small food outlets.
8. Eternity MallA mall with fine architecture and innovative look, Eternity Mall is for serious shopaholics. There are a variety of shops for apparels, shoes and bags. You can spend an entire day just exploring the shops because there are many. You can have a family movie day, at the multiplex in the mall. For a wholesome shopping experience, Eternity Mall is a must-go.
9. Poonam MallPoonam Mall in Wardhaman Nagar is the first Mall in Nagpur to start three screens in the multiplex, INOX. Being the first mall and multiplex in the city of Nagpur, it has a lot of popularity. Located in the eastern part of the town, it is accessible from almost all prime residential areas. There are multi-cusiines restaurants, entertainment zone and sports center which make it a fun-filled day for you and your friends.
10. Central MallThe popularity of Central Mall is known far and wide in India. There is a branch of this branded chain mall in Nagpur too. The Nagpur branch of Central Mall is a hub for the fashionistas who love to collect the in-trend attires. From modern home decor to electronics, Central keeps all pleased. Besides, the mall has a reasonable pricing for the apparel collection and won't leave a hole in your pocket. After a hectic day of shopping, you can head to the food court to have some delicious food.
11. Millennium MallMillennium Mall is the place you should go if you wish to buy some good perfumes, gifts and jewellery. The mall is always crowded with the youth of Nagpur, looking for the latest apparels, footwear and jewellery. The food court in the mall is a reasonably priced place to have lunch or snacks. The awesome chaat served in there keeps you coming back.6. Popular Malls in the City And for all, you modern day shoppers with a more relaxed budget, the city's malls welcome you with open hands. Housing Indian and International brands, Empress City Mall in Cotton Market, Eternity Mall in Sitabuldi, Poonam Mall in Wardhaman Nagar and Jaswant Mall on Indora Square give some multiplex hours to relax, coupled with series of stores, entertainment zones and food courts. Others like Central Mall and Landmark are also hit shopping hangouts.
What to buy: Branded items & merchandise
Tip: Carry cash as most stores won't accept cards.
Remember that friend who told you that Nagpur has nothing else to offer except oranges? It's time to prove them wrong. It seems like you are in for a whole day of souvenir-collecting! Better gear up well and stash plenty of cash up your wallets because some of these markets might not accept cards. Happy shopping (and bargaining)!