Take a break from the crowded cliched destinations and wander outside the city to these picnic spots near Jaipur:
1. Vidyadhar Garden
Distance from Jaipur: 10 km
2. Ramgarh Lake
Distance from Jaipur: 39 km
3. Chandlai Lake
Distance from Jaipur: 31 km
4. Sambhar Lake
Distance from Jaipur: 96 km
5. Pink Pearl Water ParkLocated on the Jaipur Ajmer Expressway, Pink Pearl Water Park is an ideal picnic spot. This is one of the biggest water parks around Jaipur and is popular among families. It is managed by the Chokhi Dhani Group and therefore is well maintained. You can spend an entire day here with your family or friends going through joy rides, adventure rides and slides, shake a leg in the rain dance section or lie and relax in the wave pool. The park has something for every age group.
Distance from Jaipur: 17 km
6. Bagru VillageBagru Village is the area surrounding the famous Bagru Fort. Located on the Jaipur-Ajmer road, this village is an ideal location for a day out. Here, you can witness the artisans of the great hand-printed textile industry at work. The Bagru village is known for producing beautiful block print handlooms. You can visit the shops, purchase the locally made prints and can also try out your hand at this age-old craft.
Distance from Jaipur: 28 km
7. Bhangarh FortBhangarh Fort is a 16th-century fortress in Rundh Bhangarh. It was built by the Kachwaha ruler of Amber, Raja Bhagwant Singh, for his younger son Madho Singh.
The reputation of this place, as the most haunted place in India, precedes it. But during the daytime, it is a beautiful majestic fort. Entry into the fort is not allowed before sunrise or after sunset. You can head here with a group of friends or family and make an adventurous day out of it. Be sure to hire a local guide who will tell you some eerie as well fascinating stories. There are three stories to explore although most of the fort now stands in ruins. Despite the legends attached to it, the fortress is truly enchanting.
Distance from Jaipur: 89 km
8. Samode PalaceSamode Palace is an architectural marvel as it beautifully blends the Rajasthani and Mughal styles of architecture. Despite being around 500 years old, it still exudes beauty. A part of the palace has been turned into a luxurious heritage hotel. This is perfect for a day excursion. You can revel in the elegant architecture of mirror work, the beautifully maintained garden, and even dine in luxury at the hotel restaurant. You can also shop for bangles in the surrounding town, a craft at which this place excels.
Distance from Jaipur: 42 km
9. Sariska National ParkLocated in the Alwar district, Sariska National Park is home to a variety of flora and fauna like langur, chital, sambhar, macaque, golden-backed woodpeckers, tigers and the largest population of peafowl. Sprawling across an area of 800 square kilometres, this wildlife reserve is perfect for an adventurous picnic. You can also indulge in wildlife safaris, and if lucky, you might spot a tiger.
Distance from Jaipur: 107 km
10. Siliserh Lake
Distance from Jaipur: 144 km
The next time you are looking for a place for a quick getaway from the hustle and bustle of city life, the areas mentioned above won't disappoint.