Till 2011, there were no malls in Mysore. The locals would have to travel to the nearest commercial hub, Bangalore, and international tourists faced problems with the regional stores. But now, Mysore boasts of its malls, with many similar projects under construction. A unique feature in the malls of Mysore is that they are all built in the shape of a palace and have a dome-shaped top, to keep its architecture of the city consistent.
Here are the malls in Mysore and all that you need to know about them.
1. Mall of Mysore Mall of Mysore was the first mall in Mysore. It is the epitome of luxury shopping and guest hospitality. Stores like Shoppers Stop, Levi’s, United Colours of Benetton, FirstCry, etc. are situated here. The mall also offers bowling and other games, a supermarket and a food court with varied cuisines. Inox, a four-screen multiplex is also located in the Mall of Mysore. Amongst the amenities are free wifi in every nook and corner of the mall, and baby care rooms.
Highlights: It is located near the famous Race Course and has the Chamundi hills in the backgroundMangalore, Bangalore, Udaipur, etc.
Address: No.C-1, M.G Road Indira Nagar Extension, Nazarbad Mohalla, Mysuru, Karnataka
Timings: 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
This mall in Mysore is functional since 2018 and has a lot to offer to its visitors. It houses international and national brands, including H&M, American Tourister, Crocs, etc. and chains like Lifestyle. It has a supermarket, a huge food court and a six-screen multiplex, PVR.
Highlights: Amenities such as doctor on call, car spa, prayer room, free newspaper, smoking room, reserved parking for women, mom-to-be and the differently-abled
Address: Forum Centre City, No.8 & N-5, Hyder Ali road, Nazarbad Mohalla, Mysore, Karnataka
Timings: 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
3. BM Habitat Mall BM Habitat is the second oldest mall in Mysore, opened in 2011. It accounts for several firsts for the city- its first EasyDay supermarket, first multiplex and the first Barbeque Nation. DRC Cinemas located in BM Habitat Mall is the most popular multiplex in the city. It is a favourite of the locals. BM Habitat mall in Mysore has a wide variety of brands like Reliance Digital, People, Fastrack, etc., but its highlight is Karma Fashion’s Divine Mantra. It also boasts of Big Bazaar, Gelato, KFC, etc.
Highlights: BM Habitat Mall in Mysore has South India’s first EasyDay supermarket, City’s first multiplex and First Barbeque Nation in Mysore
Address: No.22/B, Gokulam Main Road, Jayalakshmipuram, Mysore, Karnataka
Timings: 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM
4. Garuda Mall Garuda Mall is one of the most vibrant malls in Mysore. It was initially located only in Bangalore. The year 2013 saw the opening of this mall in Mysore. Garuda mall is the hub of the best national and international brands, pocket-friendly offers and sales, an explicit food court and many events. Brands like Health and Glow, Hidesign, Forever 21, Westside, Vero Moda, US Polo, The Plus Sized Store etc. and chains like Pantaloons can be found here.
Highlights: Garuda Mall, Mysore has hosted Dance Karnataka Dance in 2017, in association with Zee Kannada
Address: Albert Victor Road, Agrahara, Mysuru, Karnataka
Timings: 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM
5. Mysore Central Mall Central is a fashion chain that houses premium national and international brands. The Central Mall is in almost every city in India. It is a project of Future Lifestyle Fashion of the Future Group. With its vast expanse across India, it offers a wide variety of apparels, shoes, bags and other accessories. Central is known for its reasonable offers and sales, which attracts shopaholics now and then. In Mysore, Central Mall is undoubtedly amongst the most visited ones.
Highlights: Excellent offers and sales, four screen PVR
Address: Bangalore Nilgiri Rd, Lashkar Mohalla, Mandi Mohalla, Mysore, Karnataka
Timings: 11:30 AM to 9:30 PM
6. Banni Central Mall (upcoming) The Banni Central Mall is in its final phase of construction. While some of the stores are open now, the entire mall is going to be open to the public soon. The hiring for various positions in the mall has begun. The mall seems to be a promising one. Its tagline, “One destination, many experiences” has already created a sense of eagerness for Mysoreans, and I’m sure they can’t wait to visit it.
Highlights: Located at the prime location of Banni Mantapam, this mall in Mysore is well known for its residences, convenient commuting options and its serenityApart from the above-mentioned malls in Mysore, the city also has some other upcoming malls, including Parkway Mall, which is supposed to be the biggest mall in Mysore, Mittal Mall, which will also have Inox multiplex, Capita Mall, Inorbit Mall, etc.
Address: Nelson Mandela Rd, Bannimantap, Mysore, Karnataka
All the existing and upcoming malls of Mysore serve as the perfect example of ‘modern tradition’. They are a contemporary addition to the traditional vivacity of Mysore. Tourists from all over the world and the locals of the city are availing the offers in the dome-shaped malls of Mysore, are you?