Here is a list of some best-rated cafes in Kuching for vibrant ambience and gourmet food:
1. Boardriders CaféLocated in the grand mall of Plaza Merdeka, Boardriders Café is a nice and cosy themed café with a beach-like setting and yellow walls which gives an ambience of a sunny day. Take a bite of tasty sandwiches, fries and desserts with a variety of drinks in the surfing themed café and feel the Hawaii vibes while chilling around. Don’t forget to capture the pictures of antiques and décor in the café because it is one of the best in Kuching town.
Timings: - 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM (Monday to Sunday)
Approximate Cost (for two):- RM 80
Must Try Dishes: - Sandwiches, Chocolate roll, Tiramisu, summer splash etc.
Ambience: - Hippy and Cosy atmosphere with a beach like surroundings and yellow walls
Location: - 88, Plaza Merdeka, Pearl Street, 93100 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
2. MK Classico CaffeFeel the ambience of a vintage American bar with dim lighting, red bricks wall and funky paintings in this two-storeyed café in Kuching. The menu is filled with western dishes like cakes, loaves of bread, chocolates and drinks along with some aromatic coffee varieties. Seating area on the first floor and service area on the ground floor, MK Classico Caffe is busy during the weekends, so it is better to pre-book your table for fast service. Do try their triple chips, fries and striploin steak with chocolate Nutella drinks and enjoy a great time with friends and family.
Timings: - 5:00 PM to 2:00 AM (Monday to Sunday)
Approximate Cost (for two):- RM 95 – RM 100
Must Try Dishes: - Striploin Steak, Triple Chips, Anchovies fritters, Pisang Goreng Cheese, Burgers, Nutella Drinks
Ambience: - Funky interiors with an American bar like feel
Location: - 31, Jalan Tabuan, 93100 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
3. The Coffee GardenTreat yourself to some delicious snacks, side dishes, seafood and aromatic brewery in this pretty coffee garden café in Kuching. A hidden gem in Tun Jugah Mall, the café is small yet comfortable. Do try the yummy cake and a cup of latte for an amazing evening spree.
Timings: - 08:30 AM to 10:30 PM (Monday to Saturday), 01:00 PM to 11:45 PM (Sunday)
Approximate Cost: - RM 50- RM 60
Must Try Dishes: - Spaghetti, Moo-licious burger, Beef Nachos, Caramel Latte Macchiato, Hot chocolate, Cajun French fries etc.
Ambience: - Beautiful Garden interiors with greenery and melodious music in the background for a relaxing environment
Location: - L1-03, Level 1 Tun Jugah, No. 1B, Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman, 93100 Kuching, Sarawak, 93100 Kuching, Malaysia
4. Feast and Furious CaféPerfect hangout spot for car lovers, Feast and furious Café is a formula one themed café where you can explore the wide collection of actual sized cars and motorbikes, from vintage to modern while dining. It serves some amazing local and western delicacies at affordable prices. Visit feast and furious café on the Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman road to relish some seafood and learn more about sports cars and motorbikes.
Timings: - 7:30 AM – 11:30 PM (Monday to Sunday)
Approximate Cost (for two): - RM 70- RM 80
Must Try Dishes: - Beef Hawaiian burger, Aglio Olio Spaghetti, Kampung Fried Rice, Fish and Chips, Grilled Lamb Chop, etc.
Ambience: - Vibrant café with an exquisite collection of bikes and cars. Formula 1 theme café with picturesque and real size expensive cars, even Ferrari and Rolls Royce gives the groovy ambience.
Location: - 244, Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman, 93100 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
5. Sukha CaféSukha Café is an extremely popular café in Kuching which is based on a retro theme. Dive into the 90s era with big bicycles, old radios and wooden cupboards with large bulbs. The instrumental background music adds to the classier element. The café is reasonably priced and offers ample food options, the signature dish being the seasoned fried chicken.
Timings: - 11:00 AM – 10:30 PM (Monday to Sunday)Wednesday Closed
Approximate Cost (for two): - RM 50
Must Try Dishes: - Buttermilk Waffles, seasoned fried chicken, Pasta, Iced Mojito
Ambience: - Retro themed café illustrating 90s lifestyle with vintage radios, antique bicycles and ceiling bulb for light.
Location: - Ground Floor, Lot 11963, Block 16 Brighton Square, Jalan Song, 93350 Kuching, Malaysia
6. FullhouseAnother beautiful café in Kuching is Fullhouse café that is famous for its vintage theme and white interiors with a slice of fun fullhouse family sculptures. Popular for its fusion delicacies of western and Asian culture, fullhouse café offers a lot of food choices in its menu. Sip some coffee with their signature chicken dish and try on some shakes for a perfect dining experience.
Timings: - 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM (Monday to Sunday)
Approximate Cost: - RM 90 – RM 100
Must Try Dishes: - Chicken Chop with Black Pepper Raisin sauce, Ayam Penget with rice, Pesto Spaghetti with beef bacon, Trio Mushroom Olio, Classic Nasi Lemak etc.
Ambience: - White colour theme with the vintage setting for a tranquil ambience gives a homely feeling. The fullhouse family character statues, Thomas, Tracy, Tiffani and Tony add a fun element to the café.
Location: - G37 & G38 Ground Floor, City One Megamall Kuching, Malaysia 93350.
7. The Museum Café and ShopAs the name suggests, The Museum Café and shop in Kuching is a classic and beautiful café with the essence of local Malaysian culture in a museum setting. Traditional handicrafts, antique vases, Malaysian souvenirs, natural soaps, exclusive books collection makes the setting of The Museum Café and shops more aesthetic. Popular for its brewed coffee, cake collection and some barbeque dishes, this café also equips a gift shop selling some cute souvenirs like an orangutan, monkey toy etc.
Timings: - 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Monday to Sunday)
Approximate Cost (for two): - RM 75- RM 80
Must Try Dishes: - Sandwich, Panini, Brewed Coffee, Cakes, Iced tea, Noodles etc.
Ambience: - Sophisticated and aesthetic ambience with dim lights, antique vase, local textile and handicrafts in a beautiful setting.
Location: - No 96, Jalan Main Bazaar, 93000 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
8. Earthlings Coffee WorkshopCelebrating the connection of mother earth with heavenly coffee beans, Earthlings coffee workshop is a quaint and warm café in Kuching, which is a must-visit for all the caffeine lovers. Delectable cakes and desserts can be enjoyed both in indoor and outdoor comfortable sitting with an authentic and rich cup of coffee. The major aspect which attracts the customers towards this café is their certified baristas who leave no stone unturned to serve you the best coffee in Malaysia. At earthlings, coffee is roasted, and made by hands to get that perfect flavourful aroma.
Timings: - 10:00 AM – 11:30 PM (Sunday to Wednesday), 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM (Thursday to Saturday)
Approximate Cost: - RM 60 – RM 70Must Try Dishes: - Coffee, cakes, tiramisu, Darklings, Dark Matter and Red Earth.Ambience: - Comfortable setting with a rich aroma of coffee all around, it is a one stop place to relax and enjoy a cup of coffee with delicious cake in a setting of wooden furniture, pleasant lightning and soothing melodies.
Location: - Lot 45, CityOne Megamall No. 1, Jalan Song, 93350 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia.
9. James Brooke Bistro & CaféBesides Kuching Waterfront is a pretty and relaxing café, James Brooke Bistro and Café that witness a lot of locals and tourists throughout the year. Elegant setting set in colonial time, James Brooke Bistro and Café provides a perfect ambience for dining and leisure time. Serving some tasty and mouth-watering Malaysian and Western Cuisines, it is also a famous spot for alcoholic beverages, refreshing drinks and hot tea.
Timings: - 9:00 AM – 10:30 PM (Monday to Sunday)
Approximate Cost (for two): - RM 70 – RM 80
Must Try Dishes: - Beef Stroganoff, Spaghetti Bolognaise, White Rajah Grilled Fish, Brooke Family Grilled Chicken, Wild Borneo Laksa etc.
Ambience: - Open air café with colonial interiors and wooden carvings. The café is surrounded by a lake on one side for a picturesque view.
Location: - Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman, 93100 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
10. Clans one CaféAre you a gaming enthusiast or feel like living a life of clash of clans character, then this café in Kuching should definitely be on your hit list. Clans one café is a themed café with interiors same as the clash of clans game, hippy wallpapers and grass floor giving a major battlefield vibe. The café equips a selfie corner and event arena for a leisure time. Famous for its western dishes, the café serves one of the best BBQ lamb steaks in the town.
Timings: - 12:00 PM to 11:00 PM (Tuesday to Sunday), Monday closedIdeal for hangouts and chilling in the town of Kuching, cafes are a must visit and quite popular among tourists. Sprawled over the entire town near to various attractions, do take some time to relax and savour the exquisite cuisine and refreshing drinks in these alluring cafes or coffee shops.
Approximate Cost (for two):- RM 60
Must Try Dishes:- Baked BBQ lamb chops, Pasta, Mocktails, Sea fruit Salad, Sea fruit Pizza, Grilled chicken chops, Charcoal Beef burger etc.
Ambience: - Gaming décor with a cosy ambience. Clash of clans game setting with castles like walls, wooden chairs and grass floor to make you feel the virtual vibe of clashes and its characters.
Location: - 381, Jalan Seng Goon Garden, Taman Seng Goon, 93250 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia.