Here are the top 10 bars in Kuching, Malaysia:
Magazzino is an Italian bistro and bar in Kuching known for its fancy Italian dishes and draft beer at affordable prices. It is a warehouse themed, restaurant-bar with a beer garden and cocktail bar. Watch out for the DJ sets and live performances during the weekends that make it a hub for the local Kuching population to gather and celebrate.
Timings: 04:00 PM - 02:00 AM
Location : Kuching, Sarawak, 93100, Malaysia
2. The WayangThe Wayang is the perfect pub and bar to hang out in when you have company and just want some live music you can vibe to and end the night with. You can ask for an array of imported or local liquor. They are known for their beer, especially the Guinness on the tap. The drinks are on the higher tab but the snug ambience balances it off pretty well.
Timings: 6:00 PM - 1:00 AM
Location: 86A Jalan Tabuan, Kuching, Sarawak, 93100, Malaysia
3. Speak EazySpeak Eazy is an alternative bar in Kuching which is a hotspot for travellers with its crazy affordable meals and drinks. Its easy cosy ambience will jerk off the tiredness and welcome the friendly conversations. Don’t forget to try the rice wine that they sample while visiting this bar.
Location : 61 Jalan Ewe Hai (Carpenter Street), Kuching, 93000, Malaysia
4. Havana CaféHavana Café is the spot to chill and party with your friends and partners while in Kuching. The café is a favourite among the young locals with its Happy Hour discounts and drink promotions. Let down your hair and groove to the beats while you are here.
Timings: 04:00 PM – 01:00 AM
Location: 22 Jalan Tabuan, Kuching, Sarawak, 93000, Malaysia
5. Bear GardenFormerly known as the Tiger Garden, Bear Garden is a vegan based vegetarian bar in Kuching that is on the more sophisticate end with its environmental friendly decor. This local favourite bar has consciously made an effort to help the orangutan rehabilitation at the Matang Wildlife Centre by donating 50% of its profits when you buy any drink (beer, mocktails or wine) along with a light meal. During the weekends, this place gets livelier with its music bar and affordable drinks. This place is a great occasion to meet and greet like-minded individuals in for a good cause.
Timings: 05: 00 PM - 02:00 AM
Location: 66 Wayang Street, Kuching, Sarawak, 93100, Malaysia
6. Pincho Loco by ZincPincho Loco is known for its authentic Spanish meals, especially the traditional tapas that the chef himself curates and specializes in. This Spain themed café in Kuching is lit with unique décors, like its tall tables that makes it stand out and attract quite the number of visitors. It’s a gorgeous sight to look at in the evening backdrop with the soft and suave Latino music, special tapas and Spanish wine that you must try.
Timings: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM and 06:00 PM - 10:30 PM (Monday to Saturday)
Brunch: 10:30 AM - 03:00 PM (Sunday) then for the evenings from 6:00 PM to 10:30 PM
Closed on: Wednesday
Location: 94 Jalan Ewe Hai, Kuching, Sarawak, 93000, Malaysia
7. Monkee BarMonkee Bar is another bistro bar in Kuching that you should definitely visit when in Borneo. This is another people's favourite to visit with their friends with its live football updates and affordable drink prices. The cosy nightlife here is one for the experience. The food options are however limited. This eco-friendly bar also donates 50 per cent of their profit shares to the Orangutan Project! So all up for a good cause.
Timings: 3:00 PM - 2:00 AM
Location : Kuching, Sarawak, 93100, Malaysia
8. The BarberThe Barber has consistently ranked the best restaurant in Kuching known for its Asian, American and fusion cuisines. This 1980s barbershop inspired bistro is repurposed from an old barbershop and retains the original tile floor, mirrors and even hairdryers. Don’t forget to order the famous burger and some quirky cocktails like the Barbers G&T or Lychee Mojito.
Timings: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 04:30 PM - 01:30 AM, Saturday, Sunday: 05:00 PM - 01:30 AM
Location: 74 Wayang Street, Kuching Kuching, Sarawak, 93100, Malaysia
9. Drunk Monkey Old Street barDrunk Monkey Old Street bar in Old town is the perfect small bar to meet up with friends for a fun evening amidst a collective variety of beer, whisky and some chic vintage décor. Even though it's a bar, you will find a number of menus from the nearby bars and a variety of food that can be delivered to your table.
Timings: 02:00 PM – 02:00 AM
Location: 68, Carpenter St, 93000 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
10. Borneo Redneck's BarBorneo Redneck's Bar located alongside Sarawak plaza is typical to an American Cowboy bar with lively music and affordable food and drinks. On Wednesday, they have a speciality on the Redneck burger that you should look out for. Another highlight is the live music that is on the go after 10PM.
Timings: 05:30 PM to 03:00 AMThe next time you feel like you want to let loose and unhinge while in Kuching, you can take a ride to any of these places and experience the nightlife and happy hours in Kuching. Don't forget to let us know what you think about our suggestions.
Location : Lot 65 & 66 Jalan Padungan, Kuching 93100 Malaysia