1. Stroll by The WaterfrontYour tour to Kuching will remain incomplete if you do not swing by The Waterfront. Offering a beautiful view of the north bank of Sarawak River, this 900-metre long esplanade comes to life during the night hours owing to its food stalls, restaurant, bistro, and street food hawkers. The ethnic and contemporary music along with the Darul Hana musical fountain turns this place into a vibrant zone to spend a lovely evening. You can also drop by the observation tower and a few historical buildings which are treasured near this waterfront.
Address: 37, Jalan Main Bazaar, 93000 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
Timings: Open every day for 24 hours
2. Visit ChinatownTo get a Chinese vibe in Kuching, drop by to see Chinatown which is located on Padungan Road. This main bazaar in Chinatown is replete with inviting coffee houses and antiques and handicraft shops. Indulge in these stores - Arts of Asia, Atelier Gallery, Sarawak House, Rainforest, Nelson’s Gallery, and Native Arts and take back some unique souvenirs for your family and friends. The Chinatown area of Kuching houses some of the best bars and pubs in Kuching, making it a must-visit spot to enjoy the nightlife.
Address: Padungan Road, Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
3. Enjoy a Chilled Beer at James Brooke BistroBequeathing its customers with a picturesque waterfront, James Brooke bistro is a site to enjoy a chilled bottle of beer or a refreshing juice besides appreciating the lovely sunset and a cool relaxing breeze. Enjoying a beautiful location along the Kuching river, James Brooke bistro has a menu that brags about its Malaysian fried rice and some Western and local grub. The reasonable prices, free Wi-Fi, and the welcoming staff pull a lot of crowd in this eatery.
Address: Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman, 93100 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
Opening hours: Monday - Friday - 9:00AM - 10:30PM
4. Sip on Cocktails at Drunk Monkey Old Street BarClimb on cloud nine after enjoying your drinks at the famous Drunk Monkey Old Street Bar that stands in the middle of Carpenter street. A paradise for the boozehounds, the Drunk Monkey bar is frequented by both locals and excursionists. This vintage bar is a great place to expect a wide variety of European and German beers, wines, and cocktails along with a good Wi-Fi network, amazing music, and tasty foodstuffs.
Address: 68, Carpenter St, 93000 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
Opening hours: Monday - Sunday - 2:00AM - 2:00PM
5. Have a Late Night Drink at Monkee Bar BistroFulfilling the thirst of both the middle-class and the tourists, Monkee bar bistro is a relaxing place offering affordable drinks and a spot to watch live football. This is one of the recommended hangout places to enjoy your drinks with your partners while listening to good music and having fun till 2:30AM!!!
Address: 12 padungan arcade , jalan song thian cheok, 93100 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
Opening hours: Monday - Sunday - 4:00PM - 2:30AM
6. Relish Draught Beer at Borneo Redneck's BarServing pub grub along with a good selection of burgers, Borneo Redneck's Bar is a popular alehouse amongst the locals as well as the tourists. One can also expect a huge variety of bottled and draught beers, cocktails, and top-shelf spirits. Enjoy a lively night at this drinkery by either grooving on the live music played in the backdrop or by experiencing the sports played on big screens!!!
Address: 40-46, Jalan Padungan, 93100 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
Opening hours: 5:30PM - 3:30AM (Daily)
7. Gorge on Delectable Vegan Food at Bear Garden
Bear Garden is a vegan-friendly venue offering a good selection of beer, wine, and cocktails. One of the top vegan and vegetarian restaurants of Kuching, Beer garden is a favourite spot amongst the environmentally conscious people and is a wonderful eating house to relish upon some European, American, British, and Asian food.
Address: 66, Wayang St, 93100 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
Opening hours: Monday - Friday - 12:00PM - 2:00AM, Saturday and Sunday - 4:00PM - 2:00AM
8. Go Frog Hunting in Kubah National ParkVenture out in Kubah National park which boasts of an extensive bio-diversity with a wide range of flora and fauna that includes hundreds of palm trees, innumerable bird species, and amphibians of Serapi range. Visitors can catch a glimpse of about 60 species of Bornean frogs that come in all colour and sizes and hunt them at night in the frog pond and jungle streams of this national park. This cool tropical forest also offers a sight of freshwater crabs, shrimps, forest catfishes, and pitch plants.
Address: 93050 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
Opening hours: Monday - Sunday - 8:00AM - 5:00PM
9. Eat Sarawakian Food at Lepau Restaurant
Endowed with Kayan crafts and bamboo, Lepau restaurant is the best place to savour some traditional Sarawakian grub. Wrapping both culture and cuisine together, this eatery has reasonably priced all its food items. It's an awesome place to culminate your day after all your sightseeing and strolling ends. Don’t leave without tasting the delicious highlights of this eating house - Red rice wrapped in banana leaves, pansuh chicken, stir-fried, and pounded tapioca leaves.
Address: Lepau Restaurant, 93400 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
Opening hours: Monday - Saturday - 11:00AM –2:30PM and from 6:00PM –11:00PM, Closed on: Sunday
10. Stop By Siniawan Night MarketLined up with alluring and ancient wooden townhouses along with Chinese lanterns, Siniawan night market is a place to purchase and try out traditional Chinese, Malay, and Dayak food, souvenirs, and other interesting stuff. Head out for this night market in the afternoons so that you get an opportunity to enjoy the shimmering lights and lanterns in the night that give one brief insight into the olden days of the Siniawan. Popular belly-timbers to try at this market include Lemang Periuk Kera or Pitcher plant rice, Lui Teh, and Ngo Hiang.
Address: Malaysia, Siniawan, MY Sarawak: 94000Make sure to set your foot and get a buzz from one or more of the above-listed alehouses, historic sites, night markets, and other hangout places to enjoy the best of Kuching's nightlife.
Opening hours: Monday - Sunday - 6:00AM - 10:00PM