Washington DC is a paradise for tourists, and the bars in Washington DC make it perfect for an evening beer after heading to its numerous monuments and museums. As the sun sets over the city, the bars and pubs in the city attract patrons from all across town, catering to the active nightlife of the DC area.
The bars in Washington DC boast some of the finest liquors and beers in the country. They are famous for having some of the best deals during Happy Hours, allowing working professionals to unwind and socialize without having to burn through their money. However, if you are not on a budget, then you will surely find a bar willing to indulge you in exquisite cocktails and luxury like none other.
So here’s a list of the top 17 Bars in Washington DC!
1. Service BarIf you are looking to enjoy some refreshing cocktails alongside traditional American pub fare, then a visit to the Service Bar is just what you need. You can enjoy your time in the pleasant indoor ambience, or move to the outdoor patio for an open-air evening.
Location - 926 U St NW, Washington, DC 20001, United States
Timings - Tuesday - Friday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM Saturday and Sunday: 2:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Do not miss - Cocktails and fried chicken
2. The Lucky BarIf you are looking to catch a game of soccer over drinks, then Lucky Bar is the place to be. While the walls are covered with soccer memorabilia, there is also sufficient place to celebrate the aftermath of your team’s win on the dancefloor. Pool tables also cater to patrons looking for a different way to unwind. It’s a great place to grab a beer and watch the game with your friends, in the presence of other soccer lovers.
Location - 1221 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036, United States
Monday - Friday: 12:30 PM - 10:00 PM
Saturday - 12 noon - 10:00 PM
Sunday - 11 AM - 9 PM
Do not miss - Local brews
3. Barcelona Wine BarBarcelona Wine Bar offers some of the best Spanish wines in the DC area. One can sip on exotic sparkling wines or roses while enjoying cheese, appetizers and Spanish delicacies, making it one of the classiest bars in Washington DC.
Location - 1622 14th St NW, Washington, DC 20009, United States
Monday - Friday: 12 noon - 12 midnight
Saturday and Sunday: 11:00 AM - 12 midnight
Do not miss - Wine collection, Aperitivo Board and Paella
4. The RoyalThis Latin bar/coffee shop is a great location to visit throughout the day. One can catch some great cocktails and grill based menu, which is simple yet delightful. If you’re someone who likes to experiment with food, check out their creative hot cocktails.
Location - 501 Florida Ave NW, Washington, DC 20001, United States
Monday - Saturday: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sunday: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Do not miss - Hot cocktails and house soup
5. Right Proper Brewing CompanyIf you are someone who loves your beer and wants to try out the local breweries, then Right Proper Brewing Company is one of DC’s finest breweries. While the Brookland House offers a serene location for tasting new crafts, one can enjoy these beers in a pub like setting at the Shaw Brewpub. The pub serves classic American pub fare and a special cheese counter that compliments the beers well.
Location - Brookland House: 920 Girard Street NE, Washington, DC 20017, United States Shaw Brewpub: 624 T Street NW, Washington, DC 20001, United States
Friday and Saturday: 12 noon - 8:00 PM
Sunday: 12 noon - 6:00 PM
Monday - Thursday: 12 noon - 9:00 PM
Friday - Sunday: 12 noon - 11:00 PM
Do not miss - L’il Wit, Raised by Wolves, Senate Beer and cheese
6. DecadesTaking you back to the retro era, Decades is the perfect place for patrons to dance the night away to some great music while enjoying great cocktails. If you want to enjoy your time here in style, this club offers VIP tables and bottle service as well!
Location - 1219 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036, United States
Thursday - 10:00 PM - 2:00 AM
Friday - 10:00 PM - 3:00 AM
Saturday - 9:00 PM - 3:00 AM
Do not miss - Cocktails and champagne
6. Nellie’s Sports BarIf you are looking for to socialize over a sports game, make your way to Nellie’s Sports Bar. This gay friendly bar plays hosts to karaoke nights as well as drag events. The great beer selection as well as tasty snacks make your visit here a truly unforgettable one!
Location - 900 U St NW, Washington, DC 20001, United States
Monday - Thursday: 5:00 PM - 1:00 AM
Friday: 3:00 PM - 3:00 AM
Saturday: 10:30 AM - 3:00 AM
Sunday: 10:30 AM - 1:00 AM
Do not miss - Nellie’s Wings and Nellie’s Beer
7. The BrixtonThis three-tiered pub has a British themed layout on the ground floor, a first floor lounge and a open rooftop bar above it. The place is renowned for its cozy ambience and great food. One must try out British brews and the exotic wine collection here. The Brixton also serves some of the best food a bar has to offer its guests.
Location - 901 U St NW, Washington, DC 20001, United States
Thursday and Friday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Saturday and Sunday: 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Do not miss - Jameson Whiskey and coin mezze
8. Biergarten HausIf you are looking to sip on great beer out in the open, then you must definitely visit the Biergarten Haus. The luxurious outdoor patio and traditional German brews complement the menu, which serves some great German delicacies.
Location - 1355 H St NE, Washington, DC 20002, United States
Wednesday - Friday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 AM
Saturday: 12 noon - 10:00 AM
Sunday: 12 noon - 10:00 PM
Do not miss - Draft biers, schnitzels and sausage platters
9. Duffy’s Irish PubIf you want a true feel of the Irish pub culture, then you must pay a visit to Duffy’s Irish Pub. One of the most active bars in DC, the bar is famous for its variety of Irish Whiskies and beer varieties. It is also the official watch game bar of the Green Bay Packers. So if you are a die-hard NFL fan looking to cheer on the Packers while sipping a Guinness, then Duffy’s is the pub to be at.
Location - 1016 H St NE, Washington, DC 20002, United States
Monday - Thursday: 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Friday - Sunday: 11:30 AM - 10:00 PM
Do not miss - Irish Whisky, burgers and chicken wings
10. Boxcar TavernThe Boxcar Tavern instantly transports you to the classic British pub layout, thanks to its narrow shape and plush seating. One can grab classic American tavern fare and enjoy the refreshing cocktails, while admiring the old English artwork adorning the walls.
Location - 224 7th St SE, Washington, DC 20003, United States
Wednesday and Thursday: 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Friday: 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Saturday: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sunday: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Do not miss - Grilled chicken sandwich and confit chicken wings
11. The Green ZoneIf you are looking for creative and flavorful cocktails, then you must definitely try out the Green Zone. The Middle Eastern-based bar has some of the most uniquely named cocktails, that taste just as good. It is also a great place to try Middle Eastern quick bites like hummus and falafel.
Location - 2226 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20009, United States
Sunday - Thursday - 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Friday and Saturday - 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Do not miss - Mint Lemonade, Saz’iraq, Lebanese No.1 and falafel
12. Cuba Libre Restaurant and Rum BarIf you’re looking for a lively place to socialize and dance the night away, Cuba Libre Restaurant and Rum Bar is one of the most lively bars in Washington DC, and one where you must definitely stop by. The exotic cocktails and Cuban fare allow you to experience a burst of flavours, while the Latin nightlife makes sure you enjoy every minute you spend here!
Location - 801 9th St NW suite a, Washington, DC 20001, United States
Monday - Thursday: 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Friday: 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Saturday: 12:00 noon - 10:00 PM
Sunday: : 12:00 noon - 9:00 PM
Do not miss - Visit to Havana, House Cuba Libre
13. Quadrant Bar and LoungeIf you’re looking to indulge in some of the most luxurious cocktails in the DC area, then stop by the Ritz-Carlton’s Quadrant Bar and Lounge. The classy interiors and handcrafted cocktails on go hand in hand with the live bands entertaining the guests. You sure will get your money’s worth, although you might be paying quite a bit for it.
Location - Ritz-Carlton, 1150 22nd St NW, Washington, DC 20037, United States
Sunday - Wednesday: 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Thursday - Saturday: 11:00 AM - 12 midnight
Do not miss - Cocktails
14. Cranes Spanish KaisekiCranes Spanish Kaiseki is a unique restaurant and bar offering a fusion menu of Spanish and Japanese cuisines. The stunning ambience adds to the overall experience, with expertly crafted beverages and food designed to wow your tastebuds.
Location - 724 9th St NW, Washington, DC 20001, United States
Timings - Monday - Sunday: 12 noon - 9:00 PM
Do not miss - Sake and tapas
15. PrimroseIf you’re seeking a taste of classic French wines and ambience during your stay in Washington, then Primrose has it all for you. The elegant interiors are as enticing as the fine wine collection offered at this restaurant and bar, with the food rounding off your perfect experience here.
Location - 3000 12th St NE, Washington, DC 20017, United States
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Friday: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Saturday: 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM, 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Sunday: 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Do not miss - Cheese board and wine collection
16. Taqueria HabaneroIf you are looking to add some Mexican flavour into your cocktails, then do drop by Taqueria Habanero. Tequila, cocktails and Mexican beers are the highlight of the bar. For food lovers, tacos and other Mexican food go well with the drinks on offer!
Location - 3710 14th St NW, Washington, DC 20010If you want to go bar hopping in the capital city area, make sure you visit these 17 bars in Washington DC or a memorable experience!
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Friday and Saturday: 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Do not miss - Tacos and Margaritas