Coffee, the second most popular drink in the world is an essential choice of drink for millions of people especially in the United States of America. America's capital city is known among the masses for its breezy cafes and the coffee in Washington DC is simply to die for!
Here Are the 10 Best Cafes for Your Perfect Cup of Coffee in Washington DC!
1. Takoma Beverage CompanyThe Takoma Beverage Company is one of the most popular cafes in the city and makes some of the best coffee in Washington DC. Its custom-built espresso machine is a massive hit among its visitors. Situated near Takoma Park, this all-day coffee shop turns into a bar in the evenings. With its beautiful art exhibits and serene ambience, it is the best place to sip your coffee and have a relaxed morning.
Location: 6917 Laurel Ave Takoma Park, MD 20912
Operating Hours: 8 am- 9 pm Daily
2. EmissarySituated in the heart of Dupont Circle, this is a perfect spot to sip your coffee and meet your friends. It is beloved by the locals for its distraction-free space and various traditional coffee beverages.
Location: 2032 P St NW, Washington, DC 20036, United StatesOperating Hours: 8 am- 6 pm daily
3. RoyalThis all-day café is truly one of its kind in the city and serves some of the finest coffee in Washington DC. Along with amazing coffee, the Royal also serves yummy breakfasts making your mornings all happy!
Location: 501 Florida Ave NW Washington, DC 20001
Operating Hours:10am-10 pm Daily
4. Grace Street Coffee Roasters
This three-in-one fancy food court is definitely one of the most preferred places to get coffee in Washington DC. The coffee here helps you to stay fueled all day along with some best sandwiches in town. The tables here are occupied by people working on their laptops often for hours!
Location: 3210 Grace St NW #106a, Washington, DC 20007, United States
Operating Hours: Monday-Friday: 8am-2pm; Saturdays and Sundays: 9am- 3pm
5. Qualia CoffeePlaced in multiple locations, Qualia Coffee is one of the best! Imported roasted beans from Brazil, Colombia, El Salvador and many other exotic locations are used in making the freshly brewed coffee for the visitors. There is another branch in Eckington.
Location: 3917 Georgia Ave NW Washington, DC 20011
Operating Hours: 8 am- 9 pm Daily
6. Big Bear Cafe
The Big Bear Café is the most popular café among the masses not only for its coffee but also for its tranquil ambience. The café is equipped with a great menu of sandwiches and other snacks to sustain you. It is also a great workspace and preferred by many so reach here early since you aren’t the only one with this plan!
Location: 1700 1st St NW, Washington, DC 20001, United States
Operating Hours: Tuesday- Sunday: 8.30 am- 3pm; 5- 8pm; Closed on Mondays
7. Kintsugi CaféKintsugi Café is a perfect place for all those who just want to read over a cup of coffee and relax. The Café’s Golden turmeric lattes and “mushroom” hot chocolates are quite popular among the locals.
Location: 1201 K St NW 1st Floor Washington, DC 20005
Operating Hours: 7 am- 3 pm (Monday- Friday); Closed on Saturdays and Sundays
8. Wydown Coffee Bar (Multiple locations)Wydown Coffee Bar is a perfect spot for meeting friends and acquaintances and getting coffee in Washington DC. With multiple locations in the city, the coffee bar is quite spacious and serves varieties of coffee to its visitors all day long!
Location: 1924 14th St NW, Washington, DC 20009
Operating Hours: Monday- Friday : 6.30 am-6.pm; Saturdays and Sundays: 7am- 6pm
9. Sweet Science CoffeeEquipped with all-new brewing gadgets like French Press, Syphon, V60 and many more, the Sweet Science Coffee is completely a modern café. It pastries and banana streusel muffins are a must!
Location: 35 N St NE, Washington, DC 20002
Operating Hours: 8 am- 2 pm Daily.
10. Colada ShopColada Shop is yet another popular café offering delicious coffee to its visitors. One must try its Café Cubano- A shot of coffee sweetened with whipped sugar and Café BonBon – Espresso with condensed milk.
Have we missed out on any of your favourite places to get coffee in Washington DC? Let us know in the comments below!
Location: 1405 T St NW Washington, DC 20009
Operating hours: 8.30 am- 9.pm Daily