Here is a curated list of the best bars in Honolulu!
15 Best Bars in Honolulu
1. WorkPlayLocated in the trendy Kakaako neighbourhood, WorkPlay is one of the most popular bars in Honolulu. With live music performances every evening and beautiful indoor and outdoor seating, the bar wears a contemporary look. You can reserve a spot at one of the private themed rooms- The White Room, The Parlour, Whisky Library and Peacock Room or dance the night away on the Main Floor and Patio.
Check out their craft beers and iconic bottomless mimosas.
Address: 814 Ilaniwai St 1st floor, Honolulu, HI 96813, United States
Timings: Monday to Sunday: 4:00 PM to 12:00 AM
2. Hana Koa BrewingHana Koa Brewing is the go-to bar in Honolulu for craft beers! A new addition to the beer scene, it has a large seating area and options for beer tasting. Try some of their delicious quick bites such as salads, ramen and shrimps or family-sized meals like spaghetti, jerk chicken and Texas Briskets. Creative craft beers worth trying include Breaktime Blonde, Green River and Shaka Cloud.
Address: 962 Kawaiahao St, Honolulu, HI 96814, United States
Timings: Sunday: 10:00 AM –8:00 PM; Monday - Closed
Tuesday to Thursday- 01:00 PM –9:00 PM; Friday and Saturday- 11:00 AM –11:00 PM
3. Murphy's Bar & GrillOne of the oldest establishments in Hawaii, Murphy’s Bar and Grill is an Irish pub serving locals and tourists since 1891. Initially a meeting place for mariners and royalty, Murphy’s is now a quaint bar in Honolulu serving sixteen different beers and delicious Irish bar food. With an impressive guest list including King Kalakaua and Robert Louis Stevenson, Murphy’s has a rich history.
Try some Irish specialities like the Shepards Pie, Irish Whiskey Cake and Fish and Chips along with drinks at the bar.
Address: 2 Merchant Street, Arts District, Honolulu, Hawaii, 96813, USA
Timings: Monday - Friday - 11:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Saturday- Noon to 9:00 PM
4. Skull & Crown Trading Co.This tiki bar in Honolulu has a beautiful vintage decor with an outdoor seating patio styled with Hawaiin plants and a Kai pond. Their cocktails are the perfect mix of traditional tiki with a modern twist, Try the Zombie drink or the Black Pearl and dance to some karaoke at Chinatown’s finest!
Address: 62 N Hotel St, Honolulu, HI 96817, United States
Timings: Sunday to Thursday- 06:00 PM - 10:00 PM; Friday and Saturday- 06:00 PM to 12:00 AM
5. Haus Supper ClubLocated inside the Ala Moana shopping centre, Haus Supper club is a trendy bar and nightclub with live music and great drinks. Check out their Asian inspired speakeasy and try some delicious sushi & omakase. You can also rent a private karaoke room with friends. Happy hour is 4:30-7:30 pm every day!
Address: 1450 Ala Moana Blvd #3230, Honolulu, HI 96814, United States
Timings: Monday to Sunday: 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM
6. Moani Island Bistro & BarLocated at Ka Makana Ali’i Shopping Center, this Bistro and Bar is the place to be if you are in west Oahu. A short ride from Honolulu, Moani has brilliant food and a wide array of drinks to choose from. Try their specialities Yakoshiba, Teriyaki Ribeye and Sizzling Spicy Pork Bulgogi. Noteworthy drinks include Lilikoi Dutch Mule, Makaha Sunset and Sour Power. Visit during Happy hours between 3-5 PM for a bit of traditional music and a whole lot of Aloha!
Address: 91-5431 Kapolei Pkwy, Kapolei, HI 96707, United States
Timings: Monday to Sunday- 3:00pm - 10:00pm
7. Off The Wall Craft Beer & WineA new and trendy bar in the South Shore Market, Off The Wall Craft Beer & Wine has a rack of wine with self-service options and a host of wine tasting options. It is the place to be for authentic South American cuisine meets traditional Hawaiian! Don't miss the beer aged NY strip steak and some local Ahi sashimi burger. Their beer on tap collection includes Killah Dragon, Waimanalo Farmhouse and Aloha Blonde.
Address: Address: 1170 Auahi St Suite 140, Honolulu, HI 96814, United States
Timings: Monday to Wednesday 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM Thursday to Sunday 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM
8. Hideout at the LaylowHideout is a bar and restaurant located at the Laylow resort. With a large open patio and outdoor seating and poolside tables, Hideout has a relaxed vibe and a great atmosphere. Try a wide range of authentic Hawaiian dishes, along with wines, craft beers or cocktails. Happy hour is between 5-6 PM daily, don’t miss the Laylow “Hawaiian Style” Mai Tai!
Address: 2299 Kūhiō Ave., Honolulu, HI 96815, United States
Timings: Monday - Sunday, 6:00 AM - 10:00 PM
9. The HI Brau RoomThe HI Brau Room has a 1920s speakeasy decor and cosy atmosphere with many unique beers made with local ingredients on tap. Located above the Ahola Brewery, this bar in Honolulu has amazing beers, cocktails and drinks. Try the charcuterie board and fries with The smoker and the rye served in a wood-smoked glass!
Address: 700 Queen St, Honolulu, HI 96813, United States
Timings: Thursday to Saturday 5:00 PM to 12:00 AM
10. Grace in GrowlersA great venue for beer tasting, Grace in Growlers has a cool vibe and a unique social cause- it is a non-profit that sends all its profits to fund a homeless shelter! Bring your own food or buy some from restaurants nearby and spend some quality time with friends, playing board games and drinking beer at Grace in Growlers! The Thundera, Nitro Obsidian and Stout Sweet Malt & Crisp Sunshine are worth a try!
Address: 143 Hekili St, Kailua, HI 96734, United States
Timings: Friday 4:00 PM–9:00 PMSaturday 2:00 PM – 9:00 PM Sunday 12:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Monday to Wednesday- Closed; Thursday 4:00 PM– 9:00 PM
11. Moku KitchenMoku Kitchen is a bar in Honolulu where rural meets urban and is the creative brainchild of Chef Peter Merriman. The menu has a variety of Pizzas, Burgers, and Tacos along with wines, cocktails and beer. Try some in house cocktail specialities like the Monkeypod Mai Tai, No Ka Oi, Paloma and The Painted Lady. Happy hours are daily between 2:30- 5 PM with attractive prices on drinks.
Address: 660 Ala Moana Blvd, Honolulu, HI 96813, United States
Timings: Monday to Sunday 12:00 PM to 9:00 PM
12. Uncle Bo's Pupu Bar & GrillWith extensive seafood, vegetarian and vegan options, Uncle Bo's Pupu Bar & Grill has a full bar, waterfront views and is an off the beat restaurant. The place prides itself on local food and drinks and is the perfect place for a quiet lunch or dinner away from the bustling crowds in Honolulu.
Address: 559 Kapahulu Ave, Honolulu, HI 96815, United States
Timings: Monday to Sunday 5:00 PM to 10:30 PM
13. Hale Koa Barefoot Beach BarThe Barefoot Bar in Honolulu is a spacious beachside outdoor seating bar at the Hale Koa resort with easy access to Waikiki Beach. Enjoy the laid back beach vibes, live music and a fireworks show every Friday! Try their speciality drink Hale Koa Mai Tai, and enjoy a summer evening by the ocean air!
Address: 2055 Kalia Rd, Honolulu, HI 96815, United States
Timings: Friday 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM Saturday and Sunday 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM
14. Wang Chung's Karaoke BarAn Asian inspired bar, Wang Chung is one of the best bars in Honolulu. Located in the bustling Waikiki neighbourhood, the karaoke bar has amazing energy and great music. With a selection of classic cocktails and beverages and bar food, this is the place to experience nightlife in Oahu!
Address: 2424 Koa Ave, Honolulu, HI 96815, United States
Timings: Monday to Sunday 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM
15. Duke's WaikikiThis beachfront bar is named after Hawaiin surfing legend Duke Kahanamoku. Their menu has a host of seafood, burger and Pupus options to choose from. Check out their cocktails- Duke’s Mai Tai, Pog & Mango Cocktail and beers- Longboard Lager, Lahaina Town Brown and Big Swell IPA. They also have a collection of regular and barrel-aged red and white wines. Duke’s Waikiki bar has a stunning view of Diamond Head and is a wonderful hang out spot!
Address: 116, 2335 Kalakaua Avenue, Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii, 96815, USAThere are a myriad of bars in Honolulu to choose from. The city is home to small dive bars, quiet local bars as well as popular and crowded bars. SO whether you want to dance the night away or simply enjoy a cocktail by the beach in the evening, there's something for everyone on Honolulu, Oahu
Timings: Monday to Sunday: 07:00 aM- 09:00 PM