And for travellers, searching for good food and places to explore is an important thing to fully enjoy and experience all that the city has to offer. Apart from dining experiences, casual cafes are perfect for a small snack for a coffee break or even a morning breakfast. Here is a list of some of the best cafes in Honolulu there are sure to satisfy your taste buds and give you a taste of the local produce.
The best cafes in Honolulu
1) Kona Coffee PurveyorsSituated in the Waikiki neighbourhood this coffee shop is the place to go for beverages, breakfast, deserts, etc. They have recently expanded and are situated in the International Marketplace and offer some of the best coffee as well as baked goods, making them one of the best cafes in Honolulu.
Aside from common things like latte art, pastries, savoury items, etc. You can find Breton cakes which are French pastries that are flaky and very buttery. They are known for their interpretation of the classic French baked good. However, since this is such a popular spot it is also quite expensive, but you can get free Wi-Fi here.
Timing: 6 am-10 pm daily
2) Island Vintage CoffeePlaced in the busy neighbourhood of Waikiki, this café is the go-to spot for both tourists and locals it opens earlier than other spots on the island. Aside from coffee, they serve some of the most popular and delicious acai bowls, food souvenirs, salad’s, etc. to the people.
They are most famous for their breakfast bowls, vegan poke bowls, lattes, etc. and have been called one of the best cafes in Honolulu to have breakfast or enjoy coffee in. The must-try item at the cafe would be the Hawaiian Honey Latte that they serve which is loved by people, especially those who have a sweet tooth.
Timing: 7 am-8 pm daily
3) Arvo HonoluluAnother great spot for a coffee break, breakfast or even brunch, Arvo Coffee is situated in the Kakaako neighbourhood and is loved by the people for its wide variety of breakfast, snack and beverage options. The café also features Australian inspired food as well as locally produced freshly brewed coffee.
This coffee shop, unlike other cafes in Honolulu, stays open till 5:00 PM and is most well-known for avocado toast and a delicious breakfast menu. They also serve Instagrammable dishes, desserts and beverages which are adored by the customers.
Timing: 8 am-2 pm Tuesday-Sunday
4) Kai Coffee HawaiiSituated in the bright and busy neighbourhood of Waikiki, Kai Coffee Hawaii is one of the best local cafes in Honolulu that features local produce coffee as well as various food options. Here you can also find souvenirs such as coffee beans and coffee mugs that you can take along home.
They are known for some of their specialities one of the most popular ones is the ‘Kai Latte’, which is a strong latte with macadamia nut milk and is rich but not too sweet, quite different from your regular coffee. You can also find breakfast options at Kai Coffee aside from the beverages.
Timing: 5:30 am-11 pm daily
5) Island Brew Coffee House
Though the shop can be found at two separate spots one of them being Ala Moana Centre and the other at the Hawaii Kai Shopping Centre, the Island Brew Coffee House offers some of the greatest local brews as well as food items to the guests, making it a popular spot.
Their menu has a huge collection of lattes, espressos, milkshakes, breakfast items, etc. Another great thing is that they have a wide range of vegan and vegetarian food as well. You can order a breakfast or a light snack along with a beverage and enjoy the view outside or use their free WiFi as you taste authentic Hawaiian coffee.
Timing: 6 am-6 pm daily
6) Morning Glass CoffeeSituated in Manoa and KEY Project, this cafe is popular among both tourists and locals for some of their most quirky flavour combinations that feature in their beverages and food items. Some of the most eccentric food combinations you could ever think of, after tasting them you would be surprised at how well they work together.
You can try the ‘Sucker Punch’, which is two shots of espresso that is combined with cold press lemonade, and though it seems like it’s a combination that would not work well together, the harmony created by the two ingredients is amazing. Other items like their Mac N Cheese Pancakes are some of the greatest experimental creations and are worth a try.
Timing: 7 am-4 pm Monday-Saturday; 7 am-1 pm Sunday
7) Honolulu coffeeA local coffee chain of the region, Honolulu coffee creates some of the best beverages and breakfast items from fresh local produce and authentic recipes. Other than the freshly brewed local coffee, guests can find various breakfast items as well as pastries and other baked goods to go with their beverage.
Even after being very popular and frequented by a lot of people, the prices at the cafe are very moderate and get the quality of their food and beverages is consistently good. You can try their signature lattes as well as espressos and other seasonal items the next time you visit and find out why they are one of the finest cafes in Honolulu.
Timing: 5:30 am-10 pm dailyAre you planning to visit any of the amazing cafes in Honolulu? Let us know in the comments.