Here are the 2 best sites for Skydiving in Honolulu:
2 Best Sites For Skydiving in Honolulu
1. Skydive Hawaii
Skydive Hawaii features one of the most beautiful drop zones in the world. It is the oldest and most renowned center for skydiving in Honolulu. The 120 MPH skydive involves a 20-60 seconds freefall followed by parachuting over the breathtaking Oahu island. Skydive Hawaii offers 2 altitude options for first time tandem skydivers: 12,000 feet and 14,000 feet. Jumpers can witness spectacular views of Diamond Head, Pearl Harbor and kaena point while descending towards the landing area.
Price: USD 250 (walk-in) & USD 175 (online) for 12,000 Feet
USD 275 (walk-in) & USD 200 (online) for 14,000 Feet
USD 1600 (HALO Jump: 20,000 Feet)
*Offers available for students, military and groups*
*USD 75 - USD 210 extra charges for photos and videos*
Timings: 8 AM - 12:30 PM (Monday-Friday)
8 AM - 3 PM (Saturday- Sunday)
Requirements: Jumpers should weigh less than 240 lbs (Additional USD 2 applicable for every pound exceeding 200 lbs)
Location: Dillingham Airfield, 68-760 Farrington Hwy, Box 1, Waialua, HI 96791, USA
2. Pacific Skydive Honolulu
With over 42 years of experience, Pacific Skydive boasts an excellent safety record in tandem skydiving. It offers regular tandem skydiving from 9,000 to 11,000 feet with a 20 seconds freefall and the well-known ‘14 Feet or Free Skydive’ (Guaranteed Altitude Proof) with a 60 seconds freefall. Enjoy the perfect experience of skydiving in Honolulu over the pristine North Shore of Oahu.
Pacific Skydive is the only military-certified skydiving company in Hawaii that also offers an Accelerated Freefall program for students learning to skydive.
Price: USD 164 (Regular Tandem- 9,000 to 11,000 feet)
USD 194 (Ultimate Skydive- 14,000 feet)
USD 999 (Extreme HALO Jump- 24,000 feet; only for professionals)
*USD 15 OFF for students & military with valid ID proof*
*USD 120 - USD 240 extra charges for photos and videos*
Timings: Daily 7 AM - 2:30 PM
Requirements: Jumpers should weigh less than 240 lbs (Additional fees applicable for jumpers over 200 lbs)
Location: Dillingham Airfield, Farrington Hwy, Waialua, HI 96791, USA
Legal requirements for Skydiving in Honolulu
- Jumpers should be above 18 years of age.
- If the jumpers are on any medications then doctor’s consent is needed.
- All jumpers must accept and sign the liability waiver form.
- Domestic visitors will need their local ID proof.
- International visitors will need a copy of their passport and bank details.
- Security Deposit is not required.
- Credit card is required for reservation and payments.
Important Things to Remember Before Skydiving in Honolulu
- First check the weather forecast for the perfect day to go skydiving in Honolulu.
- Do not stay empty stomach. Eat properly before going for the dive.
- Wear casual and comfortable clothes.
- Do not wear or carry any items that might fall.
- Wear properly fitted shoes.
- Get a good night's sleep so that you can stay fresh and calm before the dive.
- Arrive before time and hear & abide by all the instructions and warnings given by the trainers.
- Lastly, do not panic. Stay calm and enjoy every moment of this thrilling adventure.
Is Skydiving in Honolulu Safe?
- Being an extreme sport, jumpers safety is the utmost priority of the skydiving centers. Hence, skydiving is considered as the safest sport.
- Safety and quality check of the parachute, harness and skydiving AAD is ensured before the dive.
- Professional and well-trained instructors are appointed for tandem skydiving.
- Even at high altitudes there is no difficulty in breathing.
- Jumpers can communicate with their instructors if they are scared.
- Skydiving does not feel like falling instead it feels like flying and floating over a cushion of air. It helps in mental stimulation and boosting confidence.