Early spring (przedwiosnie) in Poland
It is a short period between winter and spring when the temperature is higher than in winter but is not as warm as spring. Winter frosts don’t appear in this season anymore. The temperature usually ranges between 0 and 5 degrees for a short period of time, with sudden spells for snow and rain mixed, a weather conditions are known as ‘odwilż’ meaning warming weather with snow melting or ‘plucha’ meaning a patchy rainy weather Przedwiośnie season is usually is chilly, gloomy and rainy with overnight frosts, but at the same time, the sun appears from behind the clouds. This season marks the arrival of flower blooming season along with warm and pleasant weather.Weather in Poland
After the short duration of early spring where the weather still remains chilly, the spring season begins, and it brings with it pleasant weather, which makes it one of the best times to visit Poland. The temperature starts to rise slowly and by the time April arrives, the weather starts becoming warmer and springtime is at its peak as beautiful flowers start to bloom all around. However, April sometimes sees a few spells of rain so do carry an umbrella. Also, carry a light jacket in case you feel chilly in the evening. Spring is an ideal time to visit Gdańsk, Sopot, Gdynia and Malbork as the weather is just perfect and natural beauty is at its peak.Events in Poland during spring
- Ludwig van Beethoven Festival, Warsaw(April): Even Though this festival bears Beethoven's name, it's not just all about him. This program features classical composers from around the world, who perform in concerts that are held in the city. The festival goes on for more than two weeks and is timed perfectly to coincide with the Easter holidays.
- Florianski Fair, Warsaw(May): This is a popular street fair which takes place across the river in Warsaw's district of Praga. The highlights of this festival are live music shows, and a street full of art and craft, food and local celebs.
- Juwenalia, Kraków(May): Juwenalia is a fun fair dedicated to the city's students, where the mayor gives the students the keys to the city. Lots of concerts, shows, and parades are held along with food and alcohol.
- Film Music Festival, Kraków(May): For film and music lovers, this three-day concert is a must-visit. It pays tribute to all the music composers on the silver screen with live performances and film screenings. Composers also join the audience for concerts accompanying film screenings.
- Night of Museums, Warsaw(May): Every year, for one night, the city's museums, art galleries, and other creative institutions stay open late at night for tourists. The exciting part about this event is mostly the late-night street parties which you can attend after visiting the museums.