The Upside-Down House of Trassenheide was the first bottom-up dwelling to be built in Germany
Berlin City - Aerial View
For all those who do require a visa, the Schengen visa needs to be obtained from the applicable embassy/consulate i.e. The Embassy of Germany. It costs 60 Euros per person for adults, 35 Euros per person for children of 6-12 years of age. Processing of visas generally takes up to 15 days from the day of registering. The visa is valid for maximum 90 days in a six month period.
Visa Policy for Indians
Indians require the Schengen visa for visiting Germany. It costs 60 euros or Rs. 4332 (Changes as per the current exchange rate) for adults and 35 euros for kids (6-12 years). The visa is processed in minimum 15 days post registration. It is authorised by the Embassy of Germany in India.
Steps for applying for a Schengen visa
- Before applying - be sure of your purpose of visit.
- Complete your Visa Application Form (available online) and attach required documents.
- The form, along with the fee, then needs to be submitted to the German Visa Application Center by the individual himself.
- The application can be tracked online post submission.
Visa for Indians - Fee & Requirements
- Complete application form duly signed by the applicant and undertaking form
- Original national passport of the applicant with a minimum validity of 6 months and minimum 2 blank pages (face to face) to affix visa sticker
- Two photocopies of Passport page containing photo and address of the applicant
- Photocopies of all valid Schengen visa along with that of UK and US
- Two recent passport sized photographs with light and plain background in size of 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm
- A cover letter with applicant's signature explaining the purpose of their visit along with their itinerary; proof of why the pplicant wants to visit the country
- Travel medical insurance and repatriation cover valid for all Schengen-countries with cover of at least EUR 30,000 of applicant or equivalent
Countries that do not need a Visa for Germany
All countries in the Schengen area/zone.
Places to Visit In Germany