Timings : 6:00 AM - 9:00 PM
The Palace of Fine Arts is a historic building which was constructed during the 1915 Panama-Pacific exhibition of various arts and is one of the few buildings from the exhibition that survive today.
After the exhibition, most of the buildings of the exposition were demolished. However, it was decided against demolishing the palace. It continued to hold art exhibitions in the years to come. However, the palace wasn't contracted to stand for too long and it was demolished in 1964 due to poor structural integrity. The palace and the lagoon were restored in 2010 and today has once again become a favourite place among locals. The colonnaded structure has been rebuilt to it's former glory and so has the serene lagoon. It is adorned with several trees around it and swans and ducks swimming around in it's waters. It now is a popular place for families and children for picnics and playing around and also for weddings and wedding photographs.
Compare quotes from upto 3 travel agents for free