One reaches Nathatop after a short trek from Patnitop. The hill station is covered with snow during winters thereby enhancing its beauty two times. One can happily go skiing in these mountains. Nathatop has become very famous for its paragliding and sometimes people from different parts of the country travel to experience the beauty and these experiences offered by the place. One gets an excellent and clear view of the Himalayas from the peak of these hills. It has an altitude of about 2711m.
Nathatop has a variety of roadside food vendors who sell yummy delicacies to fill the bellies of the visitors coming there. It has a pleasant climate and is fun to hang out at. It is a must-visit place for the nature lovers and those who love to sit quietly at one place and enjoy the serenity of a place.
It is a peaceful place away from the fast moving lives of the city. Pir Panjal Mountains, when visited during winters, are filled with snow all over and are a treat for the eyes! Snow is replaced by lush green grass in summers.
Nathatop attracts the attention of its tourists via the paragliding facilities offered by it. These rides are organized at a landmark which lies 2 km on the Patnitop-Sansar road which is Dawariyai. One is also likely to get some fantastic views of the Western-Himalayas from Nathatop. High-flying originates from Nathatop and lands at Kud. As per the condition of the wind, the duration of the flight can vary from 15 minutes to an hour or so. The languages spoken here include Hindu, Urdu, and Kashmiri.
Nathatop is situated at a distance of 14 km from Patnitop. The railway station which lies nearest to the hill station is Udhampur from which one can easily reach Nathatop via a bus or a cab.
1. Since the hill station is covered with snow, it is advisable to carry warm clothes. Also, one is required to take food and water bottles on the way to the hill station.
2. It is a beautiful place which should be visited during winters to experience the snow.
3. The place is sometimes heavily crowded as there is a one-way road leading to Nathatop and people usually leave their cars parked on the side of the road. Avoid weekends and holidays.
4. The shops providing rental snow clothes and shoes tend to overcharge and are not really useful. It is advised to carry your own clothes.
5. Do eat the maggie sold by roadside hawkers at Nathatop. Eating maggie while sitting on snow is an amazing experience.
No reviews yet