Dhuandhar falls is a located in Jabalpur district of Madhya Pradesh. This 30 meters high falls is also popularly known as the "smoke cascade". Just as the name suggests, (dhuan meaning smoke and dhar meaning flow) the flowing water of this beautiful falls gives off a smoke-like feeling that is enough to blow your mind off. The beautiful fall is one of the most visited tourist attractions in Jabalpur. The tranquil Dhuandhar Falls truly is both rough and calm, soft yet loud and undoubtedly stunning. The site of the breathtaking waterfall is guaranteed to leave you spellbound and lost in its mesmerizing beauty.
Boat Ride: Take a boat ride on the River Narmada especially during sunsets and witness the white marble turning yellow. An approximate 6 km (round trip) of the boat ride, along with a narrow gorge, guarded with sheer cliffs, rising to a height of 100 feet, is an experience that should not be missed. The rides are suspended during the monsoon season due to heavy water inflow though it is regularly offered from November to May.
The rides are available at INR 100 per person for a 45 min ride.
Cable Car: You can access the cable car services from both the east and west side of the waterfall. You can also access it from the one available at Bhedaghat if you are willing to see the other side of the falls. The ropeway facilities start from the eastern bend of the river and take you all the way to the western side.
It cost around INR 85 per person for a complete trip.
The ride is offered from 10:30 AM to 6:30 PM.
Picnic on the riverside: The ambience of the environment here is very aesthetic, and the sounds of the falling water are like music to the ears. All this makes it an ideal picnic spot. Just get some food and enjoy with your family or friends.
Shopping for marble: When you fill your heart from watching the water plunger powerfully on the marble rocks, take a step aside and take the experience home with you in the form of tiny marble rocks and other stuff made of marble. Various marble statues of Hindu Gods, handicrafts and trinkets are also available for sale to the tourists. You can get a customized nameplate or keychains from the vendors as well. Just order them before going to visit the gracious falls, and by the time you come back, your items will be ready.
The best time to visit the fall is from September to March. During the summers the weather is quite hot and rainy season brings a huge inflow of water, making the fall a little dangerous. However, the best way to make the trip a memorable one is to visit the falls during Sharad Purnima when the Narmada Mahotsav is going on.
The falls are about 30.5 km to the west of Jabalpur city and are connected through the bhedaghat route. You can conveniently hire a cab or any other locally available transportation to reach here.
1. Don't forget to have a pleasurable boat ride in the white marble valley. Go for the boat ride during sunsets and witness the white marble turning yellow.
2. The cable car services are not available from 1:30 PM to 2:00 PM when the staff goes for lunch.
3. Don't forget to buy marble at the tiny shops at the banks of the river. You must bargain hard with the marble seller. They are quite proficient in looting the tourists.
4. There are several eateries available near the parking area, but if you are very hygiene conscious, it's best to carry your own food and water.
5. Take your cap and sunglasses in case the weather is scorchy.
6. There are no ATMs available anywhere nearby, so take all the cash that you may need during your visit.
7. Take care while taking photos/videos and never go beyond the railings.
8. The fast flowing misty fall may drench you. So, it is advisable to take some dry clothes with you.
No reviews yet
Be the first to add a question