Fujairah is home to some of the best diving and snorkelling spots in UAE. Fujairah has an extensive presence of marine life, with the waters having good clarity and good currents making it an easy dive for ones with almost no prior diving experience. Fujairah offers with as many as eleven diving spots including night dives.
Photos of Fujairah Diving
Read More on Fujairah Diving
Fujairah Diving Sites
The below-mentioned sites are the best spots for diving in Fujairah:
1. Dibba Island: This is a marine protected area on the eastern coast of UAE located just half a kilometre away from the shore. Divers have to follow this pinnacle. The first part of the crest will introduce you to the deepest part of this island. Here you will find Devil Rays and tropical marine life. The second part of the sea is little shallow, and you will find Black Tips, Turtles, and a few tropical fish species.
2. Sharm Rock: This has three large pinnacles which are famous by the name of “The Three Sisters.” These pinnacles lie close to the shore and have a crack running along the top. The three outcrops of rocks are seen peeking above the surface with coral life surrounding them. There is also a fourth pinnacle, but it can be visited only by certified divers. However, this site is known for Turtles, Cuttle Fish, Jaw Fish, Banner Fish, Parrot Fish, and Puffers.
3. Martini Rock: This Fujairah Diving site gets its name because of the rocky pinnacles which are shaped like a martini glass. The rock is 160 meters in length and is made of two pinnacles. The maximum depth of this site is about 22 meters, and shoals of Arabian Mackerel, Sergeant Major’s, Domino Damsel Fish, Trevally, Fusiliers thrive under the shelter of hard and soft corals. Also, Nudibranchs, Cowrie Shells, Shells, Shrimps, Crabs are visible at some distances.
4. Hole in the Wall: This site is located close to Martini Rock; hence, you will come across similar marine life at this site. This site is famous for the hole which allows a diver to experience something new. The hole is 15 meters in length, 3 meters wide, and 1.5 meters high. You will come across some Nudibranchs, Seahorses, and some giant rays at this site.
5. Car Cemetery: This is an excellent site for diving in Fujairah that lets you explore your photography skills. In the past, there have been around 200 cars and trucks sunk in to create a reef for the fishermen. These wrecks shelter a fantastic marine life making this site worth exploring. Seahorses, Rays, and Whale Sharks are common to find.
6. Anemone Gardens: This dive site is beautifully adorned by large rocks and green, purple, white Whip Corals. Divers love this site as it feels to be diving through a field of corn. This site is known to provide something new with every dive. Shrimp Fish, Seahorses, Bell Rays, Nudibranchs, Slipper Lobsters, and Eksena Crabs form the marine life of this site.
7. Inchcape 1: Inchcape 1 was sunk in 2001 and is located 30 meters deep. The boat was initially called Gray Swift 2 and was used to carry out crew services like supply shops, oil platforms, and rigs in Dubai and Fujairah. Honeycomb Moray Eels, Seahorses, and Frog Fishes in summer are the residents of this site.
8. Inchcape 2: This lay opposite the Martini Wall and was sunk in 2002. The wreck lies at 22 meters deep and is covered with yellow, pink, and purple corals. Nudibranchs and her twenty other species along with Fusiliers and Puffer Fishes are usually found here.
These are the standard locations for diving. However, the choice of these locations entirely depends on the diving centres. Hence, it is best to research your preferred locations beforehand and select the diving centre accordingly.
Operators & Diving Centres
Fujairah being an extremely renowned diving spot, there are numerous options of diving centers and operators providing diving facilities to the visitors.
1. Al Boom Diving Al Aqah: Address: Al Wasl Road in the Jumeirah 1 area. Timings: Daily 08:00 AM to 06:00 PM. Bookings: https://www.alboomdiving.com/
2. Divers Down UAE: Timings: Sunday to Thursday 08:00 AM to 06:00 PM. Bookings: https://www.alboomdiving.com/contact-us.html
3. The Palm Dive Center: Address: Radisson Blu Resort in Dibba Fujairah. Timings: Daily 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM Bookings: https://www.radissonblu.com/en/resort-fujairah/services
4. 7 Seas Divers: Address: Khorfakkan City on the east coast of the UAE. Timings: 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM (Sundays to Wednesdays), 07:30 AM to 07:00 PM on Fridays and Saturdays. Bookings: http://7seasdivers.com/
5. Freestyle Divers: Address: Dibba-al-Fujairah. Timings: Daily 08:30 AM to 06:00 PM Bookings: http://freestyledivers.me/
6. Nemo Diving Center: Address: Dukes Dubai Hotel of Jumeirah. Timings: Daily 09:00 AM to 06:00 PM Booking: https://www.nemodivingcenter.com/
7. Barracuda Diving Center: Address: Corniche Road in Fujairah International Marine Club. Timings: Daily 09:00 AM to 07:00 PM (weekdays) and 07:30 AM to 09:00 PM (Saturdays and Sundays). Bookings: www.barracudadivingcenters.com
8. Scuba Master Diving Center: Address: Near the Barracuda Diving Center. Timings: Daily 09:00 AM to 06:00 PM Bookings: http://www.scubamaster.ae/
All of these diving centres are five to four starer and provide the best of the diving experiences to the visitors.
Fujairah Diving Cost
Several diving centers charge differently for their services. One can also opt for more than two days of diving in Fujairah. However, the range of diving can be as low as AED 500 (INR 9,479/USD 133) to as high as AED 2,000 (INR 37,918/USD 530). It entirely depends on the operator, services, and the number of days you are opting for.
Fujairah Night Diving
Night Diving in Fujairah is one of the most memorable experiences you can have. The thrill of exploring the underwater life at night is undoubtedly incomparable. The best time to descend into the waters is during twilight. This will allow you to experience the shift of the aquatic creatures from daytime to night.
Be sure to find colourful reef fishes, emperor angelfish, lionfish, yellowtail, stingrays, squids, broom tail wrasse, and lobsters. If you are quite fortunate you will get to see sharks and octopuses hunting for prey. Another magical sight is the bioluminescent plankton on the shores.
Best Time for Diving in Fujairah
Diving in Fujairah is possible throughout the year. The water temperature in winter can go as low as 21 degrees Celcius and the air temperature to 50 degrees Celcius. Hence, it is advisable to visit Fujairah for diving outside these months.
Things to Know Before Going Diving in Fujairah
The service providers provide most of the equipment; hence you need to only carry sunscreen, flipflops, waterproof bag, bathing suit, and a towel with you.
If you have not dived for more than a year, you will first be required to pass a small diving test for safety purposes.