Entry Fee : Approximately between AED 700 and AED 2,500 (depends on operator and their services)
Snorkelling in Fujairah, Fujairah Overview
Fujairah, which is one of the Emirates, is located on the Eastern coast of the United Arab Emirates and is known to be an ideal spot for snorkelling. Snorkelling centres in Fujairah provide one of the best experiences in the country and has been attracting a good bunch of adventure enthusiasts to date. With around three to four snorkelling spots, Fujairah has never disappointed its visitors. It is not just an experience but also a way to encounter marine life co-existing with people.
The snorkelling centres in Fujairah provide the necessary equipment like snorkel sets, fins, masks, waterproof watches, rash guards, and a lot more to make your experience worth the money and time. Know that some of them also provide food and beverages in their snorkelling package.
Photos of Snorkelling in Fujairah
Read More on Snorkelling in Fujairah
Fujairah Snorkelling Spots
The snorkelling spots depends on the snorkel centres you choose. Not all centres provide snorkelling in all the available; hence, it is better to select the snorkelling centre according to your prior research. Some of the snorkelling spots are:
1. Sharm Rock Known as “The Three Sisters” this snorkelling spot has large three pinnacles which lie close to the shore. A small part of these three outcrops can be seen above the surface with some coral life. While snorkelling, be sure to witness some Turtles, Jaw Fishes, Parrot Fishes, Cuttle Fishes, and Puffers.
2. Martini Rock The rocky pinnacles at this site are similar to the shape of a martini glass. Hence, it gets its name as “Martini Rock.” The rock is made up of two pinnacles and is 160 meters in length. With a maximum depth of 22 meters, one can find shoals of Sergeant Major’s, Trevally, Fusiliers, Domino Damsel Fishes, Arabian Mackerel, Nudibranchs, Shrimps, Crabs, and some hard and soft corals.
3. Hole in the Wall Located close to the Martini Rock, Hole in the Wall has somewhat similar marine life. One can find a hole in the pinnacle which gives the site its name. The hole is about 15 meters in length, 3 meters wide, and 1.5 meters high which allows people to move across the hole. Nudibranchs, Seahorses, Giant Rays, Cowrie Shells are common at this site.
4. Dibba Island Located half a kilometre away from the shore, the underwater pinnacle at this site is approximately 200 meters long. While snorkelling, one needs to follow this pinnacle. The first part of the crest will allow you to discover the deepest part of the island, whereas the second part is shallow, where you will find Turtles, Black Tips, and some tropical fishes. Know that this site is a marine protected area of United Arab Emirates.
5. Snoopy Island
This snorkel spot gets its name because of the shape which resembles the cartoon character Peanuts. Beautiful beaches and resorts surround Snoopy Island. Snorkelers often find shoals of Reef Fishes, Turtles, Manta Rays, Blacktip Reef Sharks, and Stingrays.
6. Artificial Reef It is a human-made reef which was constructed to attract more marine creatures which would encourage coral growth. Series of concrete bulbs and a boat have been placed under the sea for this purpose. You will find Stingrays, Puffers, Barracuda, Cuttlefish, Squids, and a few other reef fishes which snorkelling at this spot.
Faujairah Marine Diversity
The snorkelling experience at Fujairah is worth a lifetime memory. During the snorkelling experience, you will come across a wide range of coral life where emperor angelfish, reef fishes, squids, broom tail wrasse, yellowtail stingrays, lionfish, and lobsters are a common sight. There are chances to spot a few sharks and octopuses as well, and if lucky enough you can also watch out for bioluminescent plankton which glimmer in the water similar to fireflies. Besides these, Cuttle Fishes, Puffers, Manta Rays, Blacktip Reef Sharks, Seahorses, Nudibranchs are also visible at different snorkelling spots.
Snorkelling Operators and Ticket Booking
Fujairah is a very famous snorkelling spot; hence, the place offers several operators and other facilities for a smooth snorkelling experience. Some of the operators are:
1. 7 Seas Divers Location: UAE East Coast, Khorfakkan City Timings: Sunday to Wednesday - 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM Friday and Saturday - 07:30 AM to 07:00 PM Website: http://7seasdivers.com/
2. Freestyle Divers: Location: Dibba-al-Fujairah Timings: 08:30 AM to 06:00 PM Website: http://freestyledivers.me/
3. Al Boom Diving Al Aqah Location: Al Wasl Road in the Jumeirah 1 area Timings: 08:00 AM to 06:00 PM Website: https://www.alboomdiving.com/
4. Nemo Diving Center Location: Dukes Dubai Hotel of Jumeirah Timings: 09:00 AM to 06:00 PM Website: https://www.nemodivingcenter.com/
5. Barracuda Diving Center Location: Corniche Road in Fujairah International Marine Club Timings: Weekdays - 09:00 AM to 07:00 PM Weekends - 07:30 AM to 09:00 PM Website: www.barracudadivingcenters.com
6. The Palm Dive Center Location: Radison Blue Resort in Dibba Fujairah Timings: 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM Website: https://www.radissonblu.com/en/resort-fujairah/service
These snorkelling centres are certified and five or four starers. Hence, you can be assured to receive high-quality service during your visit to Fujairah.
You need to be in good physical health and also know the basics of swimming to go for snorkelling.
Children wanting to snorkel are supposed to be accompanied by a parent having necessary swimming abilities.