Here is a list of Car Rentals in and around Chicago:
1. Silvercar by Audi Car Rentals
Location: 10517 United Pkwy, Schiller Park, IL 60176, United States
Open Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 AM- 5:00 PM
Location:1714 W Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL 60622, United States
Open Hours: Monday-Friday (10:30 AM-4:30 PM); Saturday-Sunday (Closed )
3. Chicago Enterprise Center
Location:13535 Torrence Ave, Chicago, IL 60633, United States
Open Hours: Monday - Tuesday ( closed) ; Sunday( 7:30 AM- 3:30PM) ; Saturday (7:00AM- 3:30PM); Wednesday-Friday (12:00PM-8:30PM)
4. Budget Car Rental
Location: 10255 W Zemke Blvd, Chicago, IL 60666, United States
Open Hours: Monday-Sunday (24 Hours )
5. Enterprise Rent a Car
Location:10255 W Zemke Blvd Rd, Chicago, IL 60666, United States
Open Hours: Monday-Sunday (6:00 AM- 10:00 PM)
6. Avis Car Rental
Location: 5150 W 55th St, Chicago, IL 60638, United States ( Located in Chicago Midway Airport)
Open Hours: Monday-Sunday (7:00 AM-7:00 PM)
7. Hertz Car Rental
Location:10255 W Zemke Blvd, Chicago, IL 60666, United States
Open Hours: Monday- Sunday (24 Hours)
8. Car Rental Chicago O’Hare Airport
Location: 500 N Michigan Ave UNIT 600, Chicago, IL 60611, United States
Open Hours: 24 hours
9. Alamo Car rental
Location:203 N LaSalle St, Chicago, IL 60601, United States
Open Hours: Monday - Friday (7:00AM-5:00PM); Saturday- Sunday (7:00AM-3:30PM)
10. Fox Rent A Car
Location: 10256 W Zemke Blvd Suite 830, Chicago, IL 60666, United States
Open Hours: Monday - Sunday (5:00 AM-7:00 PM)
Documents Required to Rent a Car in Chicago
In order to make sure a certain level of security for the car and driver certain documents are required to be verified.
These documents should be original and hard copies at the time of pickup of the car.
- ID proof.
- Credit card.
- Valid driver's license.
- Age Restrictions for 21 years.
How Much Does it Cost for Car Rentals in Chicago?
The price of renting a car in Chicago depends on several factors like the time, car and the duration of use. On an average renting a car in the city should be around USD 50 - USD 18 based on the several factors that are mentioned above. It is always advisable to rent a car prior to the visit, in order to get the preference of your car as well as avoid extra charges. Fuel prices during the rentals are also paid by the customer.
Where Can One drive around in Chicago?
Being a metropolitan city, Chicago has several extremely eye-catching, picturesque and interactive places for the visitors in the city. The malls, universities, museums and high rise buildings are a sight to see. In addition to this, a drive to the Brookfield Zoo and the fifth largest lake in the world Lake Michigan is a do not miss drive in the city.
Road Trips from Chicago are also complete when one has their own car. Taking road trips to Galena, Starved Rock State Park, South Haven and Madison are destinations that allow the visitors to experience one of the most beautiful journeys.
A Few Tips Before Renting Your Car in Chicago:
The city of Chicago, being extremely visitor-friendly, has a quick and easy way for people to rent their own car during their stay in the city. In conclusion, renting a car in Chicago seems to be an extremely comfortable and safe choice for visitors who wish to enjoy a relaxed and leisurely getaway.
- Book your rental at least a day prior to your visit.
- Book your rental car from the airport so you can drive directly and efficiently to your location.
- If not from the airport, take a shuttle service from the O’hare International airport to any of the nearby car rental companies.
- Check the traffic on the road you're taking. The city of Chicago has several baseball matches that often take place. One should always check the roads near the stadiums in order to avoid the congested areas.
- The city’s rush hour is often between 7:00 AM - 9:00 Pm and 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM on weekdays. Visitors should be mindful and not go to drive at these hours to avoid traffic.
- Premium car rental prices in Chicago are 61% lesser than those in other parts of the country.