The beach has been managed by Andhra Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation (APTDC). One can indulge in long strolls, casual sunbathing, adventure activities, swim in the pristine sea waters or sit by the golden-brown sands and enjoy the view. The highlight of the beach is minimal footfall. It does not bear a massive rush like any other commercial beach in the region.
It is highly recommended to rise early to catch the sunrise at the beach. Not just this, but you can also watch the local fishers at work. The silhouettes of the coconut trees lined along the coastline are just a sight worth catching during sunset.
Location and How To ReachMypadu Beach is located on the west coast of the Bay of Bengal Coastline. It is located at a distance of 25 kilometres from Nellore, an hour drive from the city centre. Mypadu Beach is very well connected by road from Nellore. One can hail public transport or rent a cab from Nellore and reach the beach in about 50 minutes via SH 57.
The closest railway station is the Nellore Railway Station which is also about 23 kilometres away from the beach. One can hail public transport to reach the mesmerizing Mypadu Beach in about 50 minutes via SH 57. The nearest airport is the Tirupati International Airport which is about 145 kilometres from the beach. One can rent tourist cabs to reach Nellore and take SH 57 to reach Mypadu Beach.
Experiences You Need To Have At The Beach
1. Book Yourself a Resort Near Mypadu beach You can spend your weekend in a nearby resort and absorb the scenic beauty of Mypadu beach right from the comfort of your hotel room. The place is flanked by exotic resorts. The Haritha Mypadu Beach Resort is a popular resort in the region.
If you're here on a tight budget, you can accommodate yourself in the government-run guesthouses. One of which is The APTDC (Andhra Pradesh Tourism Department Corporation) Guest House.
2. Ride a JetskiIf you want to feel the adrenaline in Mypadu, ride the Jetski. With the strong wind-force and the thrill of speed, the excitement grows ten-folds. The exhilarating experience is extremely safe as there are experienced operators lined here. Each ride costs you INR 250.
3. Taste the Local Delicacies
There are a few food stalls and eateries in Mypady beach serving delicious local delicacies as well as gourmet food. The fish tossed in local spices is extremely famous in this region. Food is served at economical prices so you can eat to your heart's content. Princess Family Restaurant and Murali Krishna Restaurant are some of the must-try eateries at the beach.
Places to Visit Near the Beach
1. Nelapattu Bird Sanctuary (103 kms)
A quaint village near Mysore, Nellapattu houses a bird sanctuary which is home to about 200 unique bird species. A lot of them are migrated species and rare to find. You'll have a great time indulging in some bird sightings. It also bears a variety of flora.
Distance from Mypadu Beach: 102 kms (1.5 hours drive)
Timings: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Daily
Indian Nationals: INR 2 (Adults), INR 1 (Child)
Foreign Nationals: INR 400
2. Chandragiri Fort (174 kms)A thousand-year-old historic marvel, Chandragiri Fort is a must-visit. Located in Chittoor district, it displays war accessories and a plethora of sculptures from the 2nd centuries. History aficionados will surely love this attraction.
Distance from Mypadu Beach: 174 kms (3 hours drive)
Timings: 10:00 AM - 8:45 PM, Daily
Entry Fee: INR 100
Distance from Mypadu Beach: 27 kms (50 minutes drive)
Timings: 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM, Daily
Tips For Visiting Mypadu Beach1. The beach is known for having whirlpools. Visitors need to be careful while entering the water.
2. There are some eateries/ shacks by the beach for tourists to grab a bite and taste local dishes.
3. There are parking facilities, but it is paid.
4. Do not litter.
5. Do carry essentials like a change of clothes, hats and sunscreen.
So what keeps you from heading to Mypadu Beach? Take a road trip from Nellore on the weekend away from the hustle-bustle of the city and enjoy the scenic beauty.
Have you visited Mypadu Beach? Share your experiences in the comments below!