Here are the top 12 cafes in Petaling Jaya for a perfect outing -
1. Antipodean AtriaLocated in Atria Shopping Complex, this is the most sought-after coffee house and cafe in Petaling Jaya. Famous for its beautiful coffee art, this place is often found houseful with a lot many office goers taking a break from their routine day. They serve a variety of coffee, fish and chips, chicken salads, sandwiches, pizzas, spaghetti, egg benedict, and many others in just about 10 minutes. With a spacious and decent setting, this is a perfect spot to share a chat over a cup of hot brewed coffee!
Opening Hours: 10 AM to 8 PMLocation: G37 & GK1, Ground Floor, Atria Shopping Gallery, Jalan SS 22/23, Damansara Jaya,47400 Petaling Jaya, SelangorTelephone: +60 3-7732 8594Cost: Affordable
2. Otherwise CafeOtherwise Cafe is a pork-free café and a dessert shop serving a list of cakes, stuffed croissants, salads, and butter toasts. Though they have a limited set of menu, their beverage list includes delicious refreshers starting from lattes, mochas, espresso, caramel fresh milk, honey fresh milk, Earl Grey teas, and many more! You can taste their Double-shot Espresso with their burnt cheesecakes and grandma’s apple crumble.
Opening Hours: 10 AM to 7 PMLocation: No. 6, Ground Floor, Jalan SS 4d/14, Ss 4, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, MalaysiaTelephone: +60 3-7494 3835Cost: Expensive
3. Rekindle – SS2Known for their cheesecakes, Rekindle Cafe in Petaling Jaya is for all those with sweet tooth cravings. With dim lights, quirky murals, and a warm interior, they serve an interesting collection of coffee and cakes such as rum cakes, red velvet, peanut butter chocolate cakes, carrot cakes, and many other desserts. However, note that this place is often found crowded at all times and is not suitable for a lengthy conversation over cakes. You can try their rich and creamy butterscotch latte, Nutella almond, and death by chocolate with their special toppings.
Opening Hours: 10 AM to 12 AM, Closed on MondaysLocation: Ground Floor, 25, Jalan SS 2/64, SS 2, 47300 Petaling Jaya, SelangorTelephone: +60 3-7496 6309Cost: Affordable
4. The Glass HouseThis is a relaxed and laid-back Coffee bar situated in the heart of Petaling Jaya amongst the hectic atmosphere of Damansara Perdana. This Insta–worthy cafe has a stunning, minimalist themed interior offering chilled ambience with rays of sunshine peeking through the glasses. They serve Asian and Malaysian cuisine with speciality coffees from their famous Melbourne roaster. Huge juicy burgers, spicy tofu stews, chicken rice, Honolulu cakes, matcha pound cakes, Japanese cakes, gluten-free chocolates, and cookies are what defines this place. Visit this eatery for a relaxed and casual breakfast or brunch.
Opening Hours: 9 AM to 7 PM (Monday to Friday), 10 AM to 7 PM on Saturday, 10 AM to 5 PM on SundayLocation: Lot C109, Metropolitan Square, Jalan PJU 8/1, Damansara Perdana, 47820 PetalingJaya, SelangorTelephone: +60 3-7732 6288Cost: Expensive
5. A Pie ThingFor all those who fancy a pie or two, A Pie Thing is the right destination in Petaling Jaya! This kingdom of pies serves a list of interesting and savoury pies with local and international flavours such as peach crumble pie, pulled lamb pie, frozen pies, spinach pie, the Elvis, and S’mores pie topped with Belgian chocolate and marshmallows which is a crowd favourite. Their sugary crusts, with creamy vanilla, chocolate, and peanut topping options with added flavorful syrups is what attracts the young hipsters. Creamy coffees and refreshing beverages occupy another section on their menu. They have a very compact seating area that can get full during peak business hours.
Opening Hours: 12 PM to 11 PM, Closed on MondaysLocation: 128 G, Jalan SS 21/35, Damansara Utama, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, MalaysiaTelephone: +60 12-951 5233Cost: Expensive
6. HideawayAs the name suggests, the Hideaway Cafe in Petaling Jaya is a perfect getaway for a fun-filled nostalgic evening with your loved ones. Established by a husband and wife, this place serves only cakes on a homemade touch, with very few food options. Their cakes on displays are very much fresh and light. Pandan gula Melaka, blueberry almond, marble cakes, banana cakes, scones, and other buttery delights are the main highlights here. The Café has an old-school vibe with cosy sofas and wooden tables.
Opening Hours: 11 AM to 6 PM, Closed from Monday to Wednesday
Location: AG7, Block A Happy Mansion Section, 17, Jalan 17/13, 46400 Petaling Jaya,Selangor
Telephone: +60 3-7491 7383
Cost: Cheap, Starts at RM 9
7. Strangers at 47This is an award-winning cafe in Petaling Jaya known for its speciality coffees, fusion crepes, and roasted, grilled chicken. Along with an array of refreshing drinks, they serve a balanced menu of savoury sweet and spicy dishes in a comfy lit ambience. You can try their Lethal Shrooms, Spicy Cajun Chicken, Hen’s Crush (chilli-flaked crepe), Go Bananuts, and Brazilian blend coffees. Note that this place can get very crowded with long queues during weekends.
Opening Hours: 10 AM to 10 PM, Closed on Tuesday
Location: 45, 47 49, Jalan 17/45, Seksyen 17, 46400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Telephone: +60 3-7498 1034
Cost: Reasonable, Starts at RM 9
8. Bean BrothersThis is a speciality Coffee House that serves hot brewing and rich coffees prepared from freshly roasted beans sourced all the way from their coffee plantation in Korea. They have an interesting coffee menu with Velvet White blend and Black Suit being their signature offerings. With interiors made of steel, wood, bare bulbs, and high ceiling, they have an industrial setting with a huge coffee station in the middle of their café. Apart from their coffees, they offer a list of pasta, burgers, sandwiches, and salads for breakfasts and brunch.
Opening Hours: 8:30 AM to 8 PM
Location: Jalan PJU 3/50, Sunway Damansara, 47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
9. Muse EateryLocated in the Happy Mansion, surrounded by Scandinavian interiors and tropical green wallpapers, Muse Eatery is famous for its signature ‘har Cheong Gai chicken burger!’ This whimsical IG - worthy café serves a fine selection of Asian and western fusion food on their menu. Flavoured lattes, fresh cold-pressed juices, seafood, chicken varieties, brunch items and creamy desserts top the list. They also have an outdoor alfresco occupied with cosy bean bags with a laidback and casual atmosphere.
Opening Hours: 10 AM to 10 PM
Location: B-G-7, Happy Mansion Block B, Jalan 17/13, Jalan, Seksyen 17, 46400 PetalingJaya, Selangor
Telephone: +60 12-911 6028
Cost: Between RM 10 to RM 90
10. Stars Picker Audio CafeThis is a one of a kind audio library and cafe in Petaling Jaya apt for music lovers. It is a vegetarian and a vegan eatery with a bohemian-inspired theme and setup serving Malaysian food along with light snacks, waffles, cakes, and beverages. Every table gets a set of dynamic headphones to plug in and play a collection of vinyl, pop, Indie, jazz, rock, and country albums and records. They also showcase a variety of top-class headphones, amplifiers and speakers upstairs. This is the perfect place to get your office work done while sipping on to some coffee and listening to great tunes.
Opening Hours: 12 PM to 9 PM, Closed on Wednesday
Location: 37-1, Jalan PJU 5/20e, Kota Damansara, 47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Telephone: +60 3-6148 9037
Cost: Lunch set starts from RM 13
11. The Teddy CaféThis is an adorable and a fancy eatery spreading positive vibes with their cuddly teddy bears. This distinctly themed cage is not just surrounded by colourful teddy wall murals and art, but also houses huge teddy bears for every table as a dining companion. This IG – worthy cafe offers teddylicious desserts that include waffles crowned with fruit toppings, nutty cheesecakes, and flavoursome mousse cakes along with hot coffees and beverages. Their teddy bear-shaped ice creams are a pure delight!
Opening Hours: 12 PM to 10 PM, Closed on Monday
Location: Zenith Corporate Park, 22G, Blok B, 22G, Jalan SS 7/26, 47301 Petaling Jaya,Selangor, Malaysia
Telephone: +60 16-500 9409
12. FlakesThis is a coffee and pastry hub serving Australian inspired brunch items and desserts in Petaling Jaya. With a warm and a turquoise interior, their freshly prepared croissants in 5 different flavours, namely plain, almond, pistachio, matcha, cinnamon, and French toasts are popular among the visitors. They also serve a variety of seafood options such as salmon, squid, crabmeat, and prawn pasta, with local flavours.
Opening Hours: 9:30 AM to 6 PMVisit the above cafes and eateries in Petaling Jaya to share a fun-filled day with your loved ones and share your experiences with us!
Location: B-G-06, The Hub SS2, 19 Sentral, Jalan Harapan, Seksyen 19, 46300 PetalingJaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Telephone: +60 12-558 8490
Cost: Cheap, Starts at RM 7