Today we take you through a photo round up of a trip we had 4 years back. It was during our vacations after our wedding, we were on a one day trip to this beautiful place. Situated at less than 2 hour drive from our home, Athirapalli and Vazhachal falls are a must see location situated in and around Thrissur District.
Both these breathtakingly beautiful Falls are located at a distance of 5 KM from each other.
Best Time To Visit:
October to March
How to Reach:
Athirapalli Falls is situated in Athirapalli Panchayat in Thrissur District of Kerala and is at a distance of 63 KM away from Thrissur Town.
- Nearest Railway Station: Thrissur Railway Station (63 KM away) or Chalakudy Railway Station (30 KM away)
- Nearest Airport: Cochin International Airport
For More Details Visit: http://www.athirapallytourism.org/
- Athirapalli Falls is the largest Waterfall in Kerala.
- It is nicknamed as “The Niagara of India”.
- This region is one of the favorite location for Movie shoots and many of the Indian movies were shot in the scenic beauty of the area.
- These falls are located on the west flowing Chalakudy River.
Add this beautiful place to your Travel Bucket List and you will never regret it Enjoy!
This entry has been shortlisted for Holidify’s Travelogue Writing Contest in association with Linger. The content and pictures may not be used without prior permission of the author.
Submitted by: Bilna Sandeep
The original post can be found here.