This famous tourist spot is located nearly 2 km from the Brahadeeswara temple. This majestic fort was built by Nayaks and partly by Maratha rulers during the early 1550 AD.
The fort houses a Tanjore Palace, Sangeetha Mahal, Library and an exquisite art gallery that includes many sculptures and paintings. The Shiva Ganga Gardens are also a part of the complex. Though the fort is mostly in ruins, it still echoes its strength and grandeur it must have once possessed.
Compare quotes from upto 3 travel agents for free
No reviews yet
Be the first to add a question