Time Required : 2-3 hours
Entry Fee : IDR 10000
Timings : 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
A 16th-Century wonder, Keraton Kasepuhan is the home to the Sultan of Kasepuhan and is one of the 4 “Kraton” or palaces in Cirebon the other 3 being Keraton Kacirebonan, Keraton Kanoman and Keraton Keprabon. This palace is not only one of the oldest ones in Cirebon but is also one of the largest palaces with throne rooms. Keraton Kasepuhan is definitely an exquisite attraction for local as well as international visitors, considering it reflects on the fusion of architectures between Hindu, Islamic, Dutch as well as Chinese influences.
This Palace is strategically located in West Java, facing the Sang Cipta Rasa Grand Mosque to its west side, and the Lawang Sanga building on the banks of the Krayan River, to its south side. This site was the tax and customs office during the reign of the Cirebon kingdom, signifying wealth and good fortune for this palace. Keraton Kasepuhan, spread across 10 hectares of land and trademarked by red bricks, is truly an epitome of multi-culture and tradition and should definitely be on your list when in Cirebon.
1. Guided tour: There are many guided tours at Keraton Kasepuhan which are available at the entry gate of this palace.
2. The museums that within the complex of the Palace have a selection of ancient artefacts, weaponry, paintings dating back to the 1500s. These are Museum Kereta Singa Barong and Museum Benta Kuno. Visitors can find many souvenirs at the souvenir store outside the museums, sold at fairly decent prices.
3. The gardens: This palace is said to have around 6 acres of free land, which is filled with greenery and flowers.
4. White tiger statue representing outside Museum Kereta Singa Barong which is called “Singa” referring to a lion in Bahasa.
5. Old wooden statue outside Museum Kereta Singa Barong, at the entrance of Keraton Kasepuhan, called “Kereta” which means train in English. It is a symbol of the Prabhu Siliwangi family
6. Other sites at the palace such as Dalem Agung Pakungwati Gallery, Keraton and Bangsal Keraton.
Ask a question from the travellers who have experience.