Bhavnagar has, to its acclaim, some of the best and most delicious, tasty vegetarian food dishes to boast off in all of Gujarat.
The Gujarati Thali
- Starting from Fafda Ganthiya which is a crispy fried snack made with gram flour, topped with carom seeds and black pepper to Pav-Ganthiya, which is a speciality of Bhavnagar and can be found at Laacchchhu?s Cart, the city is every foodie?s delight.
- The 'khougali' at Ghogha Circle which is flocked by hundreds of people on a weekly basis, a testimony to that.
- Spend an afternoon here, indulging in a variety of food dishes and devouring street food like the Bhungda Bateta. Bhungda means deep fried yellow fryums and bateta means hot and spicy, potato garlic curry which are prepared separately but served together, making it lip smackingly delicious.
- If the spiciness gets to you, have some thirst quenching soda or a healthy milkshake made from dates and almonds, also available in and around Ghogha Circle.
- The other must try are the local dishes of the state. Khakra, Thepla, Dhokla, Khandwa. These dishes might be available in the rest of the country too but they taste the best here.
consists of various dishes like ringana methi nu shak, Gujarati khatti mithi daal, undhiyu, bhindi sambhariya, aloo rasila, steamed basmati rice, badshahi khichdi, Chapati, methi na thepla and bhakhri with kachumber salad along with various types of chutneys and buttermilk. There are many restaurants in Bhavnagar that make Gujarat's best a whole lot better!