A symbol of peace and unity, Brandenburger Tor or Brandenburg Gate that stood as a partition between East and West Berlin, during the Cold War, now symbolises the reunification of Germany. The sandstone Gate was once a symbol of the divided city into East and West Berlin before the fall of Berlin Wall. The military monument representing both victory and separation, the gate is now located at Pariser Platz attracting millions of visitors every year.
Brandenburg Gate has stood witness to over two hundred years of history. Construction of the Gate started in the year 1788 and was completed in 1791. The gate was designed by Carl Gotthard Langhans, a Prussian Court architect and modelled on the Propylaeum of Athens' Acropolis consisting of six Dormic columns that were two rowed and a height of 26 metres.
Compare quotes from upto 3 travel agents for free
€ 53 onwards
€ 36 onwards
€ 75 onwards
€ 62 onwards
€ 72 onwards
€ 65 onwards