Entry Fee : Ranges from INR 500 - 2,050 based on the ferry cost
Havelock Island is one of the largest and most popular islands in Andaman and Nicobar. Spread over a massive area of 113.93 square kilometres, it is situated 57 km north-east of the capital city Port Blair. Havelock Island is a paradise of silky white sand beaches, crystal blue water, rich corals and verdant forests. There is no dearth of beauty on this little island as the reputed and much-loved Radhanagar and Vijaynagar Beaches are also right on its southern shores. Havelock Island is also a favourite amongst those who want to engage in scuba diving, snorkelling, and deep sea diving.
The pristine shores and the aquamarine waters of the island stretch right across its expanses! Elephant beach and Kalapather beach are two other destinations where the sunrise and sunsets are divine. A long walk along the stretch of the sand is the perfect way to explore the island on your own.The island was named after a British General and comprises of Ritchie's Archipelago and a collection of five villages. Surrounded by the most popular beaches on Andaman, it is among the most popular places to visit on the archipelago.<br>
Beckon the adrenaline junkie in you with the myriad varieties of adventure activities that are available at the Havelock Island for the patrons to indulge in:-
1. Sea Walk: Sea Walk will give you an experience of an underwater walk, right on the seabed! This activity is available at Elephant Beach in Havelock Island and costs INR 3200.
2. Scuba Diving: Scuba diving is a very popular activity in the whole of Andaman and is another important one in Havelock as well. In this, you are allowed to dive into the water with the proper breathing and diving gear. You can either opt for beginners or advanced course and can even get lessons beforehand.
3. Snorkelling: This activity allows you to gaze upon the the underwater life with the help of either water goggles or a screen that is attached to the bottom of a boat. Snorkeling is available at Elephant Beach.
4. Kayaking: No prior experience is necessary for this enjoyable activity that involves sailing through narrow waterways and mangroves to witness the natural beauty of Havelock Island.
1. Radhanagar Beach: A beach famous for its serene view and crystal clear waters, the Radhanagar Beach was considered to be the best beach in Asia according to TIME Magazine in the year 2004. The clear blue water makes it a place for an amazing view of the coral reefs. If you are looking for some alone time, then head to the 'blue lagoon' or just sit on the beach and view the beautiful sunset.
2. Elephant Beach: Famous for its coral views, this beach was affected by the tsunami that took place in 2004 but that has nevertheless not affected the popularity of the beach. There are many sports available on the beach- from snorkelling to scuba diving and swimming, Elephant Beach has it covered for you! And if you're looking for something to fill your stomach after a tiring adventure, you can find some stalls selling Indian snacks nearby.
3: Kalapathar Beach: As the name suggests, the coastline of the beach has a line of black coloured rocks, a forest on one side and as you cross it, a beach where you can be by yourself and enjoy a life away from the main city. This beach is also famous among families and friends as a picnic spot. There are nearby cafes if you want to grab something to eat.
4. Vijaynagar Beach: The white sand of the beach coupled with the soft sounds of the waves nearby, makes this beach a destination filled with peace and tranquillity. Also called as the Lone Mangrove Beach, it is a great place to relax.
Compare quotes from upto 3 travel agents for free
₹ 3,000 onwards
₹ 4,500 onwards
₹ 2,522 onwards
₹ 3,500 onwards
₹ 5,000 onwards
₹ 1,999 onwards
Ask a question from the travellers who have experience.
Q. I wanna go, what's a price ?????Answer this question