Situated on the western coast of India, Daman is perhaps one of the more popular tourist destinations throughout the country. Along with the mesmerising scenery and examples of spectacular architecture, Daman is also a favourite spot for nightlife entertainment. A variety of options like restaurants, movie theatres, pubs, dance bars, overnight activities at sea beaches provide this city with an active nightlife for both locals as well as tourists.
Pubs & Bars in Daman
1. Manpasand Bar and Restaurant
This family bar-cum-restaurant is among one of the most sought-after places in Daman. Apart from providing a variety of good quality liquor, this place is also quite famous for its delicious food- especially the North Indian cuisine. Cordial staff along with a nice environment, and you get all these without drilling a hole in your pocket. You should be visiting this place if you are back early from your sightseeing.
Timings: 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Cost: INR 500 (approx)
2. Bijal Bar and RestaurantAnother moderately priced restaurant serving great food and beverage. Clean, hygienic and spacious- this restaurant is yet another popular joint in Daman. Drop in to satisfy the foodie in you.
Address: Vapi - Kachigam Rd, Vapi, Daman
Timings: 11:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Cost: INR 500 - INR 1000 (approx)
3. Gokul Bar and Restaurant
Address: Airport Rd, Char Rasta, Bhimpore, Daman
Timings: 9:30 AM- 06:30 PM
Cost: INR 500-INR 1000 (approx)
4. Veera Da Dhaba
Address: Near FM Radio Station, Vapi-Daman Road, Varkund, Nani Daman
Timings: 11:30 AM - 11:00 PM
Cost: INR 1000 (approx)
There are quite a number of popular bars and pubs in Daman. Some other popular names include Kings Ladies Dance Bar, Mayank Bar, Patel Bar, etc. Also, almost every resort and hotel in this city is equipped with a disc/nightclub, along with sufficient stock of liquor for its customers to drink to their heart's content.
5. Indulge Yourself in a Plethora of Liquor at Cheap PricesIt is said that Daman is liquor heaven, especially since its adjacent to the dry state of Gujarat. Hence, a large number of people from Gujarat have also contributed to the popularity of pubs, bars and liquor shops. Almost every second shop in Daman is a wine shop. Consequently, you will find such shops serving different types of liquor like wine, beer, whiskey, feni etc. The more popular shops include the likes of Daman Wines, Lovely Wines, Rolex Wines.
Head to the Beach for a Walk and More
6. Enjoy a Walk by the Beach at Night
7. Enjoy Lip-smacking Seafood Delicacies
Beach shacks providing mouth-watering delicacies like snacks, cocktails and mocktails must constitute your bucket list. Whether you are a member of the single-ready- to - mingle club or have visited Daman with your better- half, you should not at all miss the lip-smacking seafood spread, quite popular in and around Jampore beach.
8. Cidade de Daman - Party at the Beach!
When talking about Daman's nightlife, you cannot miss Cidade de Daman. This beach resort is situated at a minute's walk from the Devka beach of Daman. Apart from providing you with great facilities(like indoor games, adult and baby swimming pools, kid's zone, spa, gym, etc.)infrastructure and service, this resort will bestow you with an experience of a lifetime- DJ night by the beach side (mostly on weekends). Enjoy with your loved ones, dance to your feet's (read heart's) content and let the cool sea breeze be your companion.
9. Ditch Parties, Enjoy a Night Show
Go out for a late night movie show
A late night movie show might just be the perfect conclusion to a hectic day schedule of sightseeing. If you are a movie buff (or not!) and wish to entertain yourselves with a movie before or after dinner, Daman has the perfect solution for you. Two of Daman's most admired, fine cinema halls include Daman Talkies and Somenath Multiplex which are flocked by tourists and locals throughout the year.Daman will have offer a wide variety of options to entertain yourself and enjoy a nightlife - be it boozing and eating, beach activates, some romantic and private time with your loved ones at the beach or in the movie theatre. The sightseeing during the day and an active nightlife is bound to keep boredom and monotony at bay, thus making your visit a memorable one.