1. The Royal Indian ChefThe Royal Indian Chef restaurant is one of Athens's most popular Indian restaurants. It is hard to find a table unless you pre-book. Known for its secret recipes, The Royal Indian Chef indulges in luxurious and glorious Indian dishes. The restaurant also doesn’t shy away from experimenting and adding its own touch to create varied combinational dishes. With its lovely décor and seating arrangement, it is also known for its friendly staff and reasonably well-sized serving portions.
Must try dishes: Vegetarian Thali, Malai Kofta, Tandoori Roti, Chicken Tikka Masala and Rice, Kadai Paneer
Location: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 9, Athina 117 43.
Timings: All days - 12:00AM – 12:00PM
Contact information: +30 21 0924 3029
2. Indian ChefA restaurant that serves authentic Indian food, the Indian Chef reminds you of India in more than one way. The ambience, the flavours and the method of preparation are rooted in Indian culture. They also offer a wide range of vegetarian, vegan, halal, gluten-free and non-vegetarian dishes. Combining high-quality raw products with authentic Indian spices, masalas and preparation methods, the Indian Chef is one of Athens's most loved Indian restaurants. Also, it is located within walking distance of the metro Acropolis, making it easily accessible.
Must try dishes: Rasagullas, Lamb curry, Dal makhani, Chicken tikka, Lassi, Samosa, Dosa, Dahi papdi chat.
Location: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 55, Athina 117 45
Timings: All days – 12:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Contact information: +30 21 0923 6336
3. Indian HaveliA Haveli means a large mansion and is an integral part of Indian architecture, especially in the states of Rajasthan, Punjab and Gujarat. The Indian Haveli restaurant tries to recreate the royalty of the havelis both in ambience and cuisine. The restaurant boasts of using fresh ingredients to create authentic Indian dishes with less oil and no artificial colouring. The décor is highlighted with various wall paintings, and the comfortable seating arrangements make the dining experience nothing short of grand.
Must try dishes: Butter chicken, Chicken korma, Chicken tandoori, Chicken tikka, Biryani, Kadai Paneer, Lassi
Location: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 12, Athina 117 42
Timings: All days 12:50 PM – 12:00 AM
Contact information: +30 21 0924 4522
4. Babaji Indian FoodThe Babaji Indian Food is located in the heart of the city and offers mouth-watering Indian dishes for all. The food is authentic and delicious and is served by excellent and friendly staff. The service is quick and clean, and the restaurant serves a large variety of Indian dishes and beverages. The breads are handmade and baked in their tandoor. The restaurant also serves complimentary rice and water without any charges.
Must try dishes: Lamb curry, Chicken kadai, Peshawar naan, Vindaloo, Shish kababs and more
.Location: 11 Nikis Str Syntagma, Athina 105 57
Timings: All days 11:00 AM – 1:00 AM
5. Indian KitchenThe Indian Kitchen is most famous for its varieties of bread. It serves bread made from different types of grains, such as wheat, jawar, bajra and more. Besides, it is well-kept, clean and reasonably priced. It is also located near Plateia Syntagmatos, a popular tourist spot in Athens and hence is a perfect visit after a few hours of sightseeing. The Indian Kitchen has indoor and outdoor dining and caters to vegetarian and non-vegetarian customers. Besides the Indian dishes, the restaurant also serves different hard and soft drinks.
Must try dishes: Chicken vindaloo, Lamb curry, Dal, Chicken korma, Bombay aloo, Bhajji, Pulao and more
Location: Apollonos 6, Athina 105 57
Contact information: +30 21 0323 7720
6. Indian Palace RestaurantThe Indian Palace Restaurant in Athens is highly recommended for its yummy food and amazing service. The restaurant goes out of its way to prepare meals per the customers' specifications. The ambience is warm and clean, and the staff is extremely helpful and friendly. The owners are from North India, so some of the dishes are spot on.
Must try dishes: Garlic naan, Butter Chicken, Kadai Paneer, Shish kabab, Chicken tikka, Rice kadi, Shahi paneer and more.
Location: Michalakopoulou 64, Athina 115 28
Timings: Sunday to Thursday: 12:45 PM – 11: 45 PM, Friday and Saturday: 12:45 PM to 1:00 AM
Contact information: +30 21 0777 4383
7. Dosa HouseDosa is one of the most amazing South Indian dishes. Couple that with sambar and chutney; nothing is more surreal than gobbling a crispy cooked dosa. The Dosa House in Athens serves delicious dosa and other north and south Indian delicacies. But it is, of course, the dosa varieties that are the highlight of the restaurant. The menu also changes seasonally, and while visiting, don’t forget to enquire about their daily specials. Serving large portions and well-loved for its friendly staff and fresh food, the Dosa House is a wonderful dining option located in the heart of the city.
Must try dishes: Masala dosa, Paper dosa, Uttapam, Rava idlis, Chicken seekh kabab, Shahi Paneer, Dal Makhani etc.
Location: Theatrou 3 (Near Plateia Theatrou), Athens
Timings: All days 11:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Contact information: +30 210 3316 850
8. Zafran Indian Kitchen
One can overlook the bustling market and busy intersection through the glazed frontage of the Zafran Indian Kitchen. Watching the city move by while enjoying hot Indian dishes is one of the best ways to unwind. Zafran Indian Kitchen serves ethnic and authentic Indian dishes with flavour and spices, all in perfect balance and harmony. It is also recommended for its efficient service, good-sized portions, and friendly staff.
Must try dishes: Paneer tikka, Mushroom tawa, Tandoori chicken, Lamb vindaloo, Zafran rice, Cucumber salad, Indian tikka souvlaki, Shami tikki burger, Keema samosa, Chicken puri, Prawn puri and more.
Location: Persefonis 25, 11854 Gazi/Keramikos, Athens
Timings: Wednesday to Monday: 12:00 PM – 1:00 AM, Closed on Tuesday
Contact information: +30 21 0347 8986
9. Royal Curry HouseLocals and visitors often recommend and relish a sumptuous and delicious meal at the Royal Curry House. Known for its heartwarming dishes and homely ambience, the restaurant has a simple décor that is comfortable and cosy. However, the food is extremely well prepared, and many dishes combine Indian, Bangladeshi and Pakistani recipes. The restaurant is halal and caters to vegetarian, vegan and non-vegetarian customers.
Must try dishes: Shrimp biryani, Brinjal bharta, Beef curry, Tandoori roti, Vegan samosa, Pilaw rice, Chicken curry, Mix vegetable curry and more.
Location: Voulgari 7, Athina 104 37
Timings: All days 12:00 PM – 1:00 AM
Contact information: +30 21 5535 9222
10. NaanwichNaanwich is located in an area that is fraught with many other restaurants. Though it may not necessarily compete with the other options, Naanwich is good to try if you are looking for decent Indian delicacies. It has indoor and outdoor dining options with a view of the Acropolis. The restaurant also offers floor space for customers to organize events or special days.
Must try dishes: Grilled chicken, Naan tikka, Saag Paneer, Chicken tandoori, Dal Chana, Chicken Butter Masala, Jackfruit Biryani and more.
Location: 115 Ermou Street, Monastiraki area, Athens
Timings: All days 11:00 AM – 1:00 AM
Contact information: +30 21 0321 3280
11. NaanStop Indian CuisineNaanStop Indian Cuisine restaurant in Athens serves authentic and tasty Indian dishes. The head chef has years of experience working in different restaurants before he ventured out on his own to begin NaanStop Indian Cuisine. He cooks using fresh herbs and in-house-made garam masalas. The wonderful flavours combine to create simple and complicated dishes that surprise the palate. The restaurant is also known for its wonderful staff and peaceful ambience.
Must try dishes: Chicken tikka masala, Butter chicken, Chicken chilly, Onion bhajji, Papadum basket, Lamb biryani, Rogan gosh, Chicken korma and more.
Location: Leof. Alexandras 223, Athina 115 23
Timings: All days 1:00 PM – 12:00 AM
Contact information: +30 21 1182 9303
12. ABC Indian RestaurantThe ABC Indian Restaurant serves very reasonably priced Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine. The ambience is simple, but the food is great. It is also close to the Museum Gounaropoulos and thus a perfect place to drop in after a visit to the museum. The restaurant also serves complimentary water and salad and is preferred by those looking for a delicious meal that fits in the budget.
Must try dishes: Mutton curry, Pea curry, Garlic naan, Chicken korma, Vegetable rice, Grilled chicken and more.
Location: Acharnon 314, Athina 112 54
Timings: All days 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
Contact information: +30 21 0201 1653
13. Jaipur PalaceThe Jaipur Palace is a reputed Indian restaurant in Athens with several outlets in Greece, such as Santorini, Mykonos and Athens. With flavorful dishes, delicious aromas and authentic cuisines, the Jaipur Palace have a helpful staff and excellent service. They also ask about the level of spiciness for each dish to ensure that the guests enjoy their meal. With stylish and comfortable interiors, the Jaipur Palace serves mouth-watering Indian dishes and caters to special occasions, such as birthdays, business meetings, baptisms etc.
Must try dishes: Chicken tikka masala, Chilli naan, Butter Chicken, Rogan Gosh, Paneer pakoda, Chicken tikka salad, Tawa gosht, Prawn vindaloo, Bhindi masala, Gulab jamun, Kulfi and more.
Location: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 121, Athina 117 45
Timings: All days 1:00 PM – 12:00 AM
Contact information: +30 21 0981 2009
14. Indian Masala
Good things come in small packages! Well, the Indian Masala restaurant in Athens might be small in size, but it makes up for it with its exceptional food quality, taste and service. With a minimal delay in serving food, the restaurant is clean, well-kept and comfortable. However, it is the dishes and recipes that score the brownie points to make the Indian Masala an excellent option to choose if one is craving Indian flavours. The restaurant has both indoor and outdoor seating with reasonably priced servings.
Must try dishes: Chili onion naan, Chicken vindaloo, Lamb curry, Spinach salad, Palak paneer, Saffron rice, Avocado salad and more.
Location: Ermou 129, Athina 10555
Timings: Monday to Thursday: 12:00 PM – 12:00 AM, Friday – Sunday: 12:00 PM – 12:30 AM
Contact information: +30 21 0321 9412
15. Ginger GrillLocated in a secluded place, the Ginger Grill is one of the finest Indian restaurants in Athens. A flight of stairs leads to its charming indoor seating, and a little further, one can explore the peaceful outdoor garden seating as well. The food is lip-smacking, serving delicious Indian and Punjabi authentic and flavorful dishes. The restaurant staff is polite and friendly, and the dishes are reasonably priced.
Must try dishes: Chana masala, Mango chicken, Tandoori garlic naan, Chicken tikka masala, Chicken korma, Rogan gosh, Cheese naan, Lamb curry, Samosa and more.The Indian restaurants in Athens are perfect for tourists and locals who enjoy the flavours of India. Also, for Indians who are visiting the city, these restaurants are lifesavers in many ways. The food, ambience and remembrance of all things home make visiting the Indian restaurants in Athens a remarkable experience.
Location: Acharnon 61, Athina 104 40
Timings: All days 11:00 AM – 12:30 AM
Contact information: +30 21 0883 5806