An India-Korean Collaboration For the First TimeSet to be a joint collaboration between India and Korea for the autumn flowering celebration, the two countries would be joining the festivities for the first time. Japan had previously partnered with India during the festival’s third edition last November.
VenueThe festival would be held across five venues including Polo Fifth Ground, State Convention Centre, Golf Course, JN Stadium, Indoor Stadium Polo.
An Array of OpportunitiesISBD scientist Albert Chiang "the general plan is to showcase the best Meghalaya has. The festival also acts as a platform for bringing in high-level delegations to work out investment opportunities, intellectual and cultural exchanges.”. He also added: “The Cherry Blossom Festival acts as a catalyst for bringing socio-economic partnerships for the development of the state."
The Manipur-based Institute of Bioresources and Sustainable Development (IBSD) which lends a hand in organising the festival also stated that the celebration demands massive employment and generates revenue in cities across the world.
What Adds to the Excitement?Along with witnessing the gorgeous blossoms, the festival will also offer a line-up of Korean events (K-events) in collaboration with the Korean Cultural Centre India, which would include the following:
- A K-Pop concert
- Korean Taekwondo demonstrations
- Korean cuisine and art stalls exhibiting opportunities for education in South Korea.
- A summit to be held between the Republic of Korea and the Meghalaya government on several subjects such as environmental reclamation and waste to wealth, with several MoUs expected during the summit.
- A plethora of stalls manifesting the best of the region's food, wine and crafts.
- Visitors can revel in fashion shows, rock concerts, beauty pageants.
- Visitors are free to compete in an amateur golf tournament that would be held at the festival.
InaugurationThe event is set to be a grand affair as Meghalaya Chief Minister - Conrad Sangma would be inaugurating the festival in the presence of South Korea Ambassador to India Shin - Bong-Kil.
Are you excited to be a part of the Cherry Blossom festival in Meghalaya? Let us know in the comments below!