Located on the banks of Pravara river, camping in Bhandardara is a very sought-after experience owing to its locales, scenery and the presence of several camping operators.
Here is your guide for camping in Bhandardara:
Best Time for Camping in Bhandardara
1. Bhandardara Camping KingLocation: At. Murshet Post. Shendi Tal. Akole dist. A. Nagar, Bhandardara 422604, India
Cost: INR 4,388 - INR 4,604 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Services: tent, local guides, food, transport, rooms and bonfire.
2. Bhandardara Village CampingLocation: Mutkhel Bhandardara, Bhandardara 422604, India
Cost: Starting from INR 3000 per day
Services: Tenting, Campfire, Boating and Food.
Contact: 9545973980, 9623069465
3. Lakeside camping by 99 hikersLocation: MTDC Resort Near Shendi Village, Bhandardara 422604, India
Cost: Starting from INR 1500
Services: boating, tents, campfires, food,
Contact: +9920431641 email us: [email protected]
4. Bhandardara CampersLocation: Bhandardara dam 422604
Cost: INR 2,000 - INR 3,000 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Services: Tent, camping, food, camping gear
5. CampinGearLocation: Sector -1, Ghansoli
Cost: INR 2000 - INR 3000
Services: Camping, Trekking, Bird Watching, Angling, Pilgrimage, Boating.
Contact: Mobile: +91 9969767487, +91 9769147241, E-mail:[email protected]
Other Things To Do While Camping in Bhandardara
More Activities and Places to Explore
1. TrekkingBhandardara has several treks and hike routes. One of the most popular amogst those is the trek to Ratangad fort. Ratangad is an ancient hill fort in the Ratanwadi village and is one of the best forts in Maharashtra. This four hours trek through fields and thick forests across the Pravara river is an adventurous and rewarding experience.
Another favourite trekking spot is the Harishchandragad fort. This fort goes back to the 6th century, under the Kalchuri dynasty. The three peaks of Harishchandragad are Rohidas, Taramati, and Harishchandra. These peaks offer a panoramic and scenic view of the surroundings. The trekking path from the nearby Paachnai village is a 5-kilometre trek via green forests and rocky patches. It is a relatively tough trek however the experience is enriching. You can even camp on the peak.
2. BoatingYou can also go boating at the famous Bhandardara Lake which is situated at a distance of 500 meters from Bhandardara bus stop, Also known as Arthur Lake, the lake is a result of the construction of Wilson Dam, fed by the Pravara River. This 34-kilometre lake acts as a reservoir for the Wilson Dam. It is one of the oldest dams in India. The most striking feature of the lake is the Randha Falls.
Surrounded by the dense green forests of the Sahyadri Hills, a boat ride on Arthur Lake will surely offer you a serene experience with the spectacular surroundings and placid waters. Ghatghar, Mount Kalsubai, Umbrella Falls and Sandhan Valley are other popular attractions nearby.
What To Carry when Camping in Bhandardara?If you take a camping package, you are provided with sleeping mats, camps and meals. However, it would be advisable to carry the following:
- Extra food
- Flashlight and batteries
- Drinking water
- First-aid kit and personal medication
- Mosquito repellent
- Woollen garments and thick blankets
Some Dos and Don'ts
- Check beforehand as most camping packages have a minimum age required of at least 18 years.
- Don't forget to carry your ID proof.
- Swimming in the lake is strictly prohibited.
- Some camping packages do not offer you utensils. Carry your spoons and plates.
- Wear good quality trekking shoes.
How To Reach the Campsites in Bhandardara
So, this weekend, drive to Bhandardara and return with unforgettable memories of sleeping in the heart of nature under the starry blanket of the sky.